Pivot Shuttle

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Tease! My test ride went well, I really love the way it feels much more like a normal bike than a monster truck. Swinley did not charge it so only had 50% or so battery but did not have much time so that worked out OK. @Rob Hancill did you notice what size it was (I assume L but did not get time to check)

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Tease! My test ride went well, I really love the way it feels much more like a normal bike than a monster truck. Swinley did not charge it so only had 50% or so battery but did not have much time so that worked out OK. @Rob Hancill did you notice what size it was (I assume L but did not get time to check)
Yes it was a Large :)

Glad you enjoyed it. I agree, feels really nimble.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Not sure where you can find the Ghost in the UK. I had a look and could not discover any. Looks really interesting though.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I spoke to Cycling Made Easy recently (they had a demo day at Boxhill that i happened to ride by) and they said they where looking at trying to get them in - i said please do!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Another lightweight for the list

Lamere Diode, 19.8kg, available in Ohlins and Fox builds, similar price at $9500 to Pivot, has XTR DI2 and also carbon wheels,.

They do a Frame and Motor option for $4500

LaMere Cycles Custom Carbon Bicycles

d47f84_a84f1a549806497f813276759afaf7c7~mv2_d_1500_1232_s_2.png

d47f84_0cf764757ac34d6db580fa92a0c4980f~mv2_d_4084_2922_s_4_2.jpg

d47f84_a1cc9f11a91541439bda43d4a4ab1ff6~mv2_d_4424_2814_s_4_2.jpg

Pybo

Jan 21, 2019
Middlesbrough
Hi Rob,
I’m pondering heavily over the Pivot, but specs are confusing on different sites.
Some show the Rekons and two pot M8000 brake calipers.
Others minions and M8020 four pots?
My head is battered. I don’t want to lay down £8.5k and fret over brakes and tyres ?.
Does anyone have the definitive answer to this Q?
I’ve messaged my LBS who can source one for me and I’m gonna ring Pivot Uk tomorrow.
Great review btw!
It’s also a shame the Kashima post isn’t specced for such a large premium. ?

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
It depends on how old the bike is, last year we had a demo day and pivot brought there fleet with them. they had two older pivots which were at the end of the demo life and a brand new fresh one that was about to start. the older bikes had 2 pot brakes and the new one the 4 pots.

Pybo

Jan 21, 2019
Middlesbrough
It depends on how old the bike is, last year we had a demo day and pivot brought there fleet with them. they had two older pivots which were at the end of the demo life and a brand new fresh one that was about to start. the older bikes had 2 pot brakes and the new one the 4 pots.
That’s great to hear. I hope they’ve settled on better rubber too.

I’ll ring them tomorrow to try and get the information.

Pybo

Jan 21, 2019
Middlesbrough

Pybo

Jan 21, 2019
Middlesbrough

Just off the phone to Pivot UK

Apparently the Shuttles are stored in Germany, already built and ready to be shipped when ordered.
All they could say is that the Recons and the M8000 two pots are on the spec sheet.
He did say customers who are ordering from them have upgraded their tyres...magic Mary/Damf in one example.
There was also a snippet of very interesting info... apparently, Pivot are releasing in the spring, a second option for the shuttle..a cheaper option.
No Di2, lower spec suspension, gunmetal black colour possibly, and the shimano E6000 motor.
Around £6k figure but it’s very early info so don’t shoot the messenger. ?
They also offered 10% of the price for the existing Shuttle.
I asked why the Grip2 fork wasn’t specced...it wasn’t on the market at that time..makes sense.

So, if I pull the trigger it will be another £130 for tyre upgrade and more if I put Saint calipers on ?

Just wish the Intense was available through LBS as all these ‘niggles’ are sorted on their Tazer.

Decisions ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Personally I wouldn't let buying direct put you off - remember the Shimano systems can be serviced etc at any Shimano service certified shop. Intense are also slightly different to many direct sales in that I believe they have retail partners? I.E shops you can go to to get hem serviced etc.

might be worth a call to intense

Pybo

Jan 21, 2019
Middlesbrough
Personally I wouldn't let buying direct put you off - remember the Shimano systems can be serviced etc at any Shimano service certified shop. Intense are also slightly different to many direct sales in that I believe they have retail partners? I.E shops you can go to to get hem serviced etc.

I’ll give them a call.
Getting frustrated a tad
Cheers ??

Pybo

Jan 21, 2019
Middlesbrough

I’ve rang Intense and they sound out what you said. I’ve also been in touch with my LBS and they were fine but still said warranty issues could be painful.
Gonna ring Intense again tomorrow and find out about service requirements/intervals etc.
I’m starting to get excited now!

Thanks again for advice, much appreciated

Pybo

Jan 21, 2019
Middlesbrough
Ordered the Pivot in the end.
It’s arrived in my LBS ‘ Peddlers’ and it’s ready for pick up later in the week... getting invisiframed and a few bits changed out.

I’ll have it Monday and can’t wait!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Monday? That’s got to be the worst day of the week to get a new toy!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles