Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Instow in Devon U.K.

72A60693-D798-4E53-8922-6726E1BA92F1.jpeg

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
The last days of winter may finally be over now. With some decent weather today and the first green leaves it was time to pay our local forest a visit. Showed the Mrs. a few trails in the neighbourhood of our "fairy castle". Btw. it's a bit of a challenge to follow a Bosch powered "ff-bike" uphills on a Levo SL. 😉

IMG_1806.jpeg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Had a blast today My first ever go on a pump track ! Unfit, slightly overweight 44 year old feeling like a kid.
Hoping to practice and progress more in the future on this but my first outing really enjoyable.
View attachment 85807

Pumptracks are ace, and such a fundamental skill for mtb’ing. Absolutely knackering too. I can only manage about three laps of ours (which is small!) before my legs are jelly and I’m gasping for breath 😆 Four laps next time, then five, they’re great for building fitness too

They teach you so much though and all the skills can be transferred onto the trail. We always warm up on a pump track when they’re available

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Pumptracks are ace, and such a fundamental skill for mtb’ing. Absolutely knackering too. I can only manage about three laps of ours (which is small!) before my legs are jelly and I’m gasping for breath Four laps next time, then five, they’re great for building fitness too

They teach you so much though and all the skills can be transferred onto the trail. We always warm up on a pump track when they’re available
Ah!!! I thought i was just a bit tired from the ride to get there as going round i was feeling the strain lol, so its normal to feel it more on a pump track then I assume ?
I can definitely see the benefits of practicing on these and hopefully i will eventually jump a few humps ( technical name for these alludes me ).
The track is not a week old yet and i think it's still under construction to completion but it's been opened to ride.
Didn't have anything like this in my area when i was a nipper and really wish i grew up with a pump track for experience.
It was quite nerve racking going round ( i was cautious but not snail pacing ) as all the cool kids were watching this old man dropping in on an eeb . Obviously i didn't impress but more importantly i didn't embarrass myself either lol.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Ah!!! I thought i was just a bit tired from the ride to get there as going round i was feeling the strain lol, so its normal to feel it more on a pump track then I assume ?
I can definitely see the benefits of practicing on these and hopefully i will eventually jump a few humps ( technical name for these alludes me ).
The track is not a week old yet and i think it's still under construction to completion but it's been opened to ride.
Didn't have anything like this in my area when i was a nipper and really wish i grew up with a pump track for experience.
It was quite nerve racking going round ( i was cautious but not snail pacing ) as all the cool kids were watching this old man dropping in on an eeb . Obviously i didn't impress but more importantly i didn't embarrass myself either lol.

Yes they’re well knackering, it’s all that constant pushing down hard with your legs and body on each transition. Some pump tracks are more suited for smaller wheels, dirt jumpers, bmx etc, so larger wheels are more hard work

We use a snaking berm section at Dalby which has a load of rollers in between the berms as a makeshift pump track. If a trail has a lump or a bump or a hump you can pump 😬

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Yes they’re well knackering, it’s all that constant pushing down hard with your legs and body on each transition. Some pump tracks are more suited for smaller wheels, dirt jumpers, bmx etc, so larger wheels are more hard work

We use a snaking berm section at Dalby which has a load of rollers in between the berms as a makeshift pump track. If a trail has a lump or a bump or a hump you can pump
Yeah i usually adopt the pump action to generate unpowered speed when i can do, i assume thats the concept for pump tracks !
Never being on a pump track.... That part just felt natural but the camel hump things that the cool kids are flying over ( jumping ) are a bit much for me right now but hopefully i will progress to getting a jump on em one day lol

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Haven’t seen blue sky’s for for quite a while so I rode above the clouds today. Seen the usual winter-storms damage but the water levels were exceptionally high and caused a few of the major land slides. An access road and creek crossing was wiped out.
72C6E471-F052-4490-8D04-D1956CE97D7A.jpeg

Landslide took out the road in the background but I was able to ride through it.
9F341185-04DD-4B88-96D9-4ECD027A043F.jpeg

Snow conditions were fairly good but once you stopped …it was over. Headed back down to the lower trails.
70859AE8-FB40-4E32-AB03-DF6B411137AA.jpeg

Creek crossing destroyed by another slide. This area will take some engineering and extensive work.
75EA7900-E7F8-4792-BB42-E918F090281E.jpeg

Fixed up this trail last week. Gotta love the Rogue. Fits in my backpack too.
7D303E63-BA6C-4379-9441-8763C8A1600A.jpeg

Started to clear this mess. (before)
3A79BBCE-CCF4-49AF-972C-FFF7A17391EB.jpeg

All clear. (After)
579435E4-7282-4245-8407-0BAE819F9534.jpeg

Doesn’t look like much but there’s a connector trail hidden behind the log.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Nice work! It's good to have power to carry some tools...
How do you like the magpeds?
Magpeds are great. It’s a good compromise between flats and clips. They take a little getting use to but I found them necessary for my leg/foot issues. I put them on both the HT and FS.
Having the power from the eMTB makes carrying tools and materials a lot easier and faster …especially for multiple trips. 👍🏻

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
My mate Calvin and I part way up 'The Gap'
climb this afternoon
Stunning day on the Brecon Beacons perfect weather and loads of banter , and a bit of riding as well 😆

View attachment 85731
Watch out ..the fashion police will be after you / your mate ( delete as appropriate)...
I've seen some colour coordination in my time and have been slightly guilty myself ...but that takes things to a whole new level ..😂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles