Pic of the Day

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Very wild day up at Rivington and Winter Hill today. Only got 13 miles in as the winds were gale force! At least it wasn't raining, until I got back to the car...

Rise Nr Pigeon Tower.jpg

All that run-off water was up at the top! That's not normally a stream...

OrbeaWindyWinterHill.jpg

Looks can be deceiving, this was a boggy as hell!

Here's a short clip of video done on my phone (11 secs) trying to stay upright at the top of Rivington Pike... o_O

At one point coming off Winter Hill, I was pedaling to come down the hill and I was about 8-10 degrees off vertical trying to counter-balance against the side wind.

Oh, how we enjoy our winter rides! :ROFLMAO:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Very wild day up at Rivington and Winter Hill today. Only got 13 miles in as the winds were gale force! At least it wasn't raining, until I got back to the car...

View attachment 81582

View attachment 81583

Here's a short clip of video done on my phone (11 secs) trying to stay upright at the top of Rivington Pike... o_O

At one point coming off Winter Hill, I was pedaling to come down the hill and I was about 8-10 degrees off vertical trying to counter-balance against the side wind.

Oh yeah ..Savage enjoyment at that !
Other than the write up in the rideout section no pics from me yesterday ..just to wet & cold to be arsed ..
Well done for getting out Tony ..

Rukahs

Apr 27, 2021
NW

View attachment 81582

View attachment 81583

Ugh I've been there in much worse weather! Still a good ride. Im going on the weekend, might see you there??

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
What's taken you so long to lose your otb virginity..?
Well done ...though I've got to say you mustn't have been trying hard enough ..cheers
Haha slow starter. Obviously the ditch that my front got stuck in didn't help but I was going too slow and had my seat stacked too high. I got lucky as I fell on softish ground but surrounding was full of rocks. Crazy how it felt like forever in real time but watching back it was just a flash lol.

Last edited:

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Haha slow starter. Obviously the ditch that my front got stuck in didn't help but I was going too slow and had my seat stacked too high. I got lucky as I fell on softish ground but surrounding was full of rocks. Crazy how it felt like forever in real time but watching back it was just a flash lol.

That's always frustrating when I say I had a massive crash and you watch it back and it's like mehhhhhhhhhhhh.
This was one from a while ago, 1minute in.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
The worst ones are the proper OTB's when you land on your back and wind yourself, they're not fun.
Yes I went over and slightly to the left resulting in me landing on my right shoulder blade, still winded me and took a good 5 mins to get back up properly. I felt I got lucky with the muddy grassy landing and my speed or lack of it at that point really helped I think.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
With Hamsterley/Whinlatter cancelled for tomorrow due to weather outlook (again), I took to Darwen Hill today as I was off and the weather was nearly OK (for us northerners anyway!).

Took the Rise today (I must name it, as I call the Merida the Green Hornet).

Wanted a workout in nearly zero degrees so wrapped up warm and dry and did three ascents in the mud and surface water...

20.2 miles, 3,127ft, 1391 kCals.

DarwenHillNEView.jpg

RiseAtDarwenHill.jpg

DarwenLoops.jpg

Captured a little video, I'll edit up if I can be bothered!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles