Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Nope, I need this right now...a lot

1610653037168.png

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
ahhh man I don’t miss snow. I grew up in Europe but just looking at that I had enough. Went out for a night ride in LA, 26C, feels like summer outside. We had some snow on the mountains but it quickly melted.This winter has been very warm.
Been to Bigbear in summer and winter , love the place . Can ski in the morning then drive down the hill to ride mx at glen helen in the afternoon !

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I never knew it snowed so much in the UK.
My childhood memories in the 60's, in the Northern UK city of Bradford were of deep snow every single year, lasting for months. We used to build igloos! The city would grind to a halt every year at the first big snowfall.
100 miles further south in Peterborough, normally a warmer city in the mid part of the UK, in 1979 my younger daughter decided to arrive in a snow storm. She was nearly born in a snowdrift in the hospital carpark. I bruised my hands banging on the massive door of the maternity wing whilst my wife was bent double in the snowstorm.
Even as late as the mid 80's and 40miles further north, near Grantham, we got snow storms that closed the major north-south trunk road, the A1. This forced truckers and other drivers to shelter in an RAF base overnight. Some of my colleagues had to sleep in the office. Two years running we could not get out of the village because the A1 had been snowploughed and the slabs of snow/ice were like a wall across the exits from the village. No internet then or mobiles, so we all went sledging with the kids instead of working from home!
In 2010, we had -17degC in our garden, which almost killed our large Eucalyptus tree. The -13degC the following year finished the job and that once beautiful 50' tall tree had to be felled.

The general trend has been warmer and wetter, but it can still get really cold here.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I have been grounded for nearly three weeks, since the wife badly broke her arm in Dalby Forest... and we were just walking :eek:

So I gave up trying to ride the trails today.
On the fresh snow it was fine, but exactly as Hodge, it was the ice under the slushy bits that was the killer.

View attachment 50102

View attachment 50105

Good to be out, all the same.

View attachment 50103

I use a storage pod too, for my bits and bobs
Yeah as slippery as a slippy thing !
Hope your wife is making a good recovery

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles