Pic of the Day

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Couldn't resist a play in the snow, although not much left by the time I got out 👎🏻

Down Folly.jpeg

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Here's an obligatory photo at the bottom of an iconic trail aptly named "Car Wreck."

Late one Saturday night about seventy years ago, a group of merrymakers was partying down on Laguna Beach. After getting their fill of sand and the surf, the group piled into one of the kid's dad's 1946 Dodge 5 Passenger Sedan. They were cruising a remote dirt road along the ridgeline high above Laguna Canyon. As is sometimes the case, things didn't go quite as planned. The car slipped off the road and over the embankment. No amount of finesse and muscle could get the car back up onto the road. If they couldn't get the car up, maybe they could get it down. The chaparral is dense, and their downward attempt proved futile. Eventually all efforts to recover the car were abandoned.

Today, the car sits about half a mile from where it started out, at the bottom of one of the steeper and more rugged "established" downhill runs in Socal.

IMG_9599.jpeg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Lil' ride around the country park today, really didn't feel it when it was showing 1 deg C on my outside meter, but forced myself. Glad I did. Had a good coupla hours. Riding in a bed of leaves is beautiful. Not a patch on some of the pics from you guys though!

View attachment 77051

View attachment 77052

View attachment 77053
Didn't feel it riding at 1c...😂
I thought you must be from some tropical paradise ..then checked your profile and it all made sense 😉

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
Looks like quite the adventure. Overnighter? Were you able to do it on a single battery? And what's up the big black mountain. Magma intrusion?

I was out for most of three days and two nights. I have a spare battery for the Embark and recently bought a Jackery solar generator to carry with. Unfortunately, the unit I purchased is too small, so I just sent it back. Probably going to build a solar charging rig for longer trips. To get the size solar generator needed for these batteries is pretty much cost prohibitive at the moment. Around $1600 for the generator unit and solar panels. I can bullies what I need for a bit under $700.

I discharged both batteries on this trip, btw.

The large black rock, iirc, is a very old magma extrusion. There are several volcanic peaks here in what’s called the Potrillo Volcanic field. Makes for some incredible scenery but sandy hell to ride through!

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
20211204_120218.jpg
20211204_121032.jpg
20211204_121043.jpg
20211204_121257.jpg
20211204_121314.jpg
20211204_121444.jpg
20211204_121618.jpg
20211204_121638.jpg
Billy no mates again today after a late withdrawal ( not my mate The EMF ) .
Wet & very cold ..I hadn't realised how cold I was until I got home and started shivering after a 45 min drive with the heater full blast & a drive through hot chocolate to help me thaw ..
Bolts Law route ..there & back from Edmundbyers would have been more but snow stopped play ..
I'm no tree hugger but there is a dwarf Scots Pine which has stood for God knows how many years as the only tree on the moor and is held in lots of folks affection as it gets decorated around this time of year with baubles for Christmas ..if I had to pick a favourite tree this would be it !
Unfortunately although storm Arwen hasn't finished it off it has done a bit of damage ..
I wish I'd had the time to ride this route a couple of days back as the snow near to the summit ( and probably beyond ) would have been firm enough to ride on top ..but its starting to give and wouldn't take the weight of myself & the bike ..
Although nithered at the end ..lordy lord it was fun 😁

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
View attachment 77445 View attachment 77446 View attachment 77447 View attachment 77448 View attachment 77453 View attachment 77454 View attachment 77455 View attachment 77456 Billy no mates again today after a late withdrawal ( not my mate The EMF ) .
Wet & very cold ..I hadn't realised how cold I was until I got home and started shivering after a 45 min drive with the heater full blast & a drive through hot chocolate to help me thaw ..
Bolts Law route ..there & back from Edmundbyers would have been more but snow stopped play ..
I'm no tree hugger but there is a dwarf Scots Pine which has stood for God knows how many years as the only tree on the moor and is held in lots of folks affection as it gets decorated around this time of year with baubles for Christmas ..if I had to pick a favourite tree this would be it !
Unfortunately although storm Arwen hasn't finished it off it has done a bit of damage ..
I wish I'd had the time to ride this route a couple of days back as the snow near to the summit ( and probably beyond ) would have been firm enough to ride on top ..but its starting to give and wouldn't take the weight of myself & the bike ..
Although nithered at the end ..lordy lord it was fun 😁

Man I’m a bit pissed that I missed this Bolts Law ride mate…….no horses to slow things down on this outing 🤣

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles