Pic of the Day

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Forgot to add this. Going back up ladybower way again this weekend.

IMG_20210418_111045.jpg

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Well, we arrived in the Lake District yesterday. Weather is great, dry and warm. Did the mainly green run at Grizedale today, although I did slip away to do some of the red pitches.

View down to Coniston!

View attachment 59201

I know I didn't do all the red pitches but I wasn't impressed with their severity or technicality on the three sections I did. Singletrack with rocks and some small berms and rollers but perfectly rideable and reasonable for any half competent rider.

I must be missing the technical sections.

Hardly anyone there! :D Met no more than 8 other riders all day...

Off to Whinlatter tomorrow.... :)
The official north face trail at Grizedale is rubbish, but there's load of decent other stuff, have a look for the bresty haw descent on trail forks for a start.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Yes it was the North Face Red and it was pretty poor. My wife rode a section and she's 50 and not that confident!

philmedomsley

Apr 28, 2020
Durham
Ssshh..but yeah that would be past the padlocked gate with the new "No Cycling " sign on it in what our group calls the secret valley..
I take it you have also ridden there ..? ☺
Jaco who is the naughtiest 74 Yr old school boy would have made that sign disappear if he'd had a hex key with him ..?

I have not ridden that end of Carriers for a while. I wonder where the last sign went. Must have blown away by the wind.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Third photo Chopwell, first Milkwell burn woods, third Pontop Low Wood.

Nice one, we go over to Milkwell Burn quite a bit just to do the long descent down the fire road at the very top, you can get a good rate of knots on that path ?
Have you seen the new pump track at Chopwell? Great to see all the young ones in the area have really embraced it.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Well, Whinlatter was so much better! Night and day compared to Grizedale... (y)

Did 2 laps of the Quercus blue with my wife and it was pretty enjoyable actually. Another glorious day! Going back tomorrow!

WhinlatterQuercus01.jpg

She went and did the Quercus trail again whilst I went and did both North and South Loops of the Altura trails (red). First time but really enjoyed it! Gnarly and technical, some jumps, all nicely maintained. Even surprised a deer (no, not in that way!) on the South Loop. I have some footage but the battery ran out before I got to the deer. :( Footage once I get back as no editing tools here and the wi-fi is pants...

AlturaNorth01.jpg

Loved it, doing it again tomorrow and will be back...

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
That second picture looks like "Dad, can't I just go and play on the playstation ?" :)

I take it he got the hardtail ?
Pmsl, my eldest ( 9yr old ) passed his bike ability this week and the first thing he said was " it was ok, just cos i can ride a bike now doesn't mean i will.... Can i go up now " the can i go up now references going playing on MY playstation lol. In all fairness hes still very cautious due to having a bad off on his debut trail bike ride with me. He took a corner too fast and learnt the hard way about brake pressure and locked out his front sending him flying along the sandpaper trail and also leaving him with a gaping whole just under his kneecap. It was a very deep cut and has left a good 2 inch diameter battle scar. He gets off the bike now at that corner bless him.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Pmsl, my eldest ( 9yr old ) passed his bike ability this week and the first thing he said was " it was ok, just cos i can ride a bike now doesn't mean i will.... Can i go up now " the can i go up now references going playing on MY playstation lol. In all fairness hes still very cautious due to having a bad off on his debut trail bike ride with me. He took a corner too fast and learnt the hard way about brake pressure and locked out his front sending him flying along the sandpaper trail and also leaving him with a gaping whole just under his kneecap. It was a very deep cut and has left a good 2 inch diameter battle scar. He gets off the bike now at that corner bless him.
I'm torn between laugh and wow on that one ! Sounds like a brave kid to at least get back out there and not just hide in the virtual world ! :)

@dobbyhasfriends children are naturally tall.. His eldest is 3.5 ... which is weird, because that's my mental age.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
My eldest son doesn’t ride but came out with us today, good times!
View attachment 59525
View attachment 59524

Judging by the fact there is only one bike and you said he doesn't ride, the picture says to me, "Dad, can I just walk?I'm sick of having a backie and I can't see anything with you in the way!"

Either that or Zimmer's response, probably the latter knowing teens... ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles