Pic of the Day

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
When you realize you can’t take epic sunsets, landscapes or mountain pics…trees and creeks will have to do.

Another abandoned trail to a water falls. A pic of my neighbour taking a pic. Wore out my “Save the Tea-Spoon” shirt so I wore the green shirt. A couple of bridges I built on another trail. Had to cut out several fallen trees …too big/high.
These trails are eMTB friendly I think …cause they are loops. Unless you’re a hardcore mtb’er.

2A1AB728-26F2-4581-AAD9-203D9FA901C4.jpeg

1BB9EBC5-80D7-401F-8B97-7B21540E955F.jpeg

E4413572-075E-46B5-B9EB-BB975BDFA373.jpeg

D55246EA-ABD8-4D06-B141-3FD0C24701FB.jpeg

F2466508-3026-4744-AD71-F367B7424E37.jpeg

FCE72189-AEBC-4982-BC02-9E8AECD9339D.jpeg

D85BE1CE-B863-4806-A363-14015CC7CC14.jpeg

17BF154B-3724-434F-B6AD-A140B3912716.jpeg

30E2442D-29BD-4861-AE0E-89EBA88CEFCD.jpeg

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
When you realize you can’t take epic sunsets, landscapes or mountain pics…trees and creeks will have to do.

Another abandoned trail to a water falls. A pic of my neighbour taking a pic. Wore out my “Save the Tea-Spoon” shirt so I wore the green shirt. A couple of bridges I built on another trail. Had to cut out several fallen trees …too big/high.
These trails are eMTB friendly I think …cause they are loops. Unless you’re a hardcore mtb’er.

View attachment 58949

View attachment 58950

View attachment 58951

View attachment 58952

View attachment 58953

View attachment 58954

View attachment 58955

View attachment 58956

View attachment 58957
And i was once made to doubt my sanity for packing a cigarette lighter in my pack ( you know.... Just in case i need to create a fire to keep warm after an accident or something ) and i see you packing a full on tree chopping power saw i feel a tad better now.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
And i was once made to doubt my sanity for packing a cigarette lighter in my pack ( you know.... Just in case i need to create a fire to keep warm after an accident or something ) and i see you packing a full on tree chopping power saw i feel a tad better now.
I swear I must’ve looked like an ugly Xmas tree sometimes. 40-50lbs and some help from my neighbour’s.

And my inner voice said; “ Don’t push him in”. Lol

philmedomsley

Apr 28, 2020
Durham
Fantastic ride in the 'Shire ( Hexhamshire that is ) ..with nary a hobbit , elf or dwarf in sight ..
5 pics to follow ..( even giving warnings now ) ..
Great to be out with Tasker & Jaco again ..we are slowly working on Mr.T by swapping bikes at strategic points in the ride..Im sure he will crack one day and buy an emtb ..
The pint at the Travellers beer garden afterwards has never tasted so good ..
View attachment 58879 View attachment 58880 View attachment 58881 View attachment 58882 View attachment 58883
Great photos. Is the third photo taken far end of Carriers Way past the shooting hut?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Ssshh..but yeah that would be past the padlocked gate with the new "No Cycling " sign on it in what our group calls the secret valley..
I take it you have also ridden there ..? ☺
Jaco who is the naughtiest 74 Yr old school boy would have made that sign disappear if he'd had a hex key with him ..?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Another fantastic ride out this morning with The EMF...
A Kielder mash-up of what I think are the best bits of The Lonesome Pine , Deadwater ( minus the best bit ..Twist & Shout due to felling) & all of The Osprey Trail ..a blue which isn't a blue at all but a red flow trail ( ?.. but you had to build so much blue to get the Euro grant ??)..I think Mr.EMF ..enjoyed that as he was off like a bat out of hell and I was left eating his dust ( yeah dust !!) ..
Anyway ..this might shock one or two folk..so make sure you are seated .. but I only took one pic !
Actually that's not strictly true as I took a few on E's phone ..which he is sending over later (but he may well post them himself..)
Interestingly though the stats for the ride are very similar to those estimated by @Jackware plotted for the ride out of Dent on 26.6.21.so for that reason I'm putting them up ..
Slightly out on time & duration as we had 15mins having a snack on Deadwater .
Screenshot_20210419-151204_ViewRanger.jpg

Screenshot_20210419-151843_ViewRanger.jpg

Screenshot_20210419-151913_ViewRanger.jpg

And here is my one pic ..
EMF on the boardwalk section of Stairway to Heaven ..
20210419_111512.jpg

Cheers Wayne ..

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
..True ..but he was never too far away as Kielder Water.. is 9 miles long & 2 miles at its widest point ..so he could have made a dash for it at any time being less than a 15 minute ride from any point of the route ..?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
..True ..but he was never too far away as Kielder Water.. is 9 miles long & 2 miles at its widest point ..so he could have made a dash for it at any time being less than a 15 minute ride from any point of the route ..?
As long as you had it planned out. We don't want him having an amphibian panic attack and you all having to pee on him to calm him down. :eek: Imagine the pictures !

This is assuming all your bottles are already empty, I'd hope this wouldn't be your first course of action if they weren't - maybe even just sharing some of the moisturiser you have for your camera finger might be enough ?

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM

Gawd, I wanna come ride where you are—here there is no mud and no water!

Pennine

May 2, 2020
Yorkshire
There’s a nice fast gnarly descent on the bridleway there that runs all the way down to Lofthouse ??
I usually take the Woogill, Sype Land & big drop down to Bouthwaite/Ramsgill route. Is this the one you mean? The long Nidderdale Way BW which follows the river Nidd I've never done (looks to cross too many fields!)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I usually take the Woogill, Sype Land & big drop down to Bouthwaite/Ramsgill route. Is this the one you mean? The long Nidderdale Way BW which follows the river Nidd I've never done (looks to cross too many fields!)

I think your photo is taken at the start of it, the Nidderdale Way running down to Middlesmoor. It’s all over in less than two minutes but you can hit speeds of 30mph + easy, as long as there’s no walkers, or dogs!

From Lofthouse you can then take the Nidderdale Way on the opposite side of the Nidd back up to Scar House

Pennine

May 2, 2020
Yorkshire
I think your photo is taken at the start of it, the Nidderdale Way running down to Middlesmoor. It’s all over in less than two minutes but you can hit speeds of 30mph + easy, as long as there’s no walkers, or dogs!

From Lofthouse you can then take the Nidderdale Way on the opposite side of the Nidd back up to Scar House
Ah! slightly confused when you said Lofthouse. The route from Middlesmoor over In Moor to Scar House has been sanitised and subsequently now very fast.
Interesting icy descent 4 years ago
P1080569.JPG

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Ah! slightly confused when you said Lofthouse. The route over In Moor to Scar House has been sanitised and subsequently now very fast.
Interesting icy descent 4 years ago
View attachment 59128

Yes I think you went up the route I was talking about coming down!

I haven’t done it on an eeb yet as I’m currently having transportation issues but done it on an MTB years ago, and also enjoy walking in that area

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Well, we arrived in the Lake District yesterday. Weather is great, dry and warm. Did the mainly green run at Grizedale today, although I did slip away to do some of the red pitches.

View down to Coniston!

Grizedale.jpg

I know I didn't do all the red pitches but I wasn't impressed with their severity or technicality on the three sections I did. Singletrack with rocks and some small berms and rollers but perfectly rideable and reasonable for any half competent rider.

I must be missing the technical sections.

Hardly anyone there! :D Met no more than 8 other riders all day...

Off to Whinlatter tomorrow.... :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles