Phone holders.

Lochlomonddr

Dec 12, 2018
Scotland
Hi there,
Ive tried searching but could not find what I was looking for?

What holders + cases etc are people using to hold their i-phone or android onto the handlebars? I quite like that my kenevo has no screen but for longer smooth trials and also to find out max output etc I am wondering if it might be a good idea.

I have an iphone currently. What are people using?

Cheers

Simon

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
I use this generic adjustable mount

but I've also spent £100 on a Blackview phone - it's tough, rugged, and both more likely to survive an off and less of an issue if it doesn't. I think putting your expensive iPhone on the bars is asking for trouble sooner or later, and the Blackview is the same as the insurance excess.....

It has the added advantage of being dual sim so I have three networks of coverage with me - my iPhone (safely tucked away and padded), and two different networks on the bars. That way I'm more likely to be able to call for assistance should I need to when out and about on more remote trails, and as they are non-expiring PAYG SIMs, there's no real cost to it. A useful upgrade, I feel.

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I’ve tried several and found that this one works best. It is called “igrip” It detaches when it’s not in use, leaving a small mount that it attaches to. It holds the phone well and has a rubber ring for extra security if needed. My phone has a grippy silicon case and I’ve found even on really bumpy violent downhills I haven’t needed the rubber ring. I bought it in a co-op in Switzerland but I think they are quite common - mainly with a suction cup for cars but there is a bike version as well. I’ve tried holders with a case. They are good for bad weather but when it’s sunny and hot the phone overheats and the screen goes black. Also it’s much less touch sensitive.

4A418344-9082-4D68-877A-CDBF7DE1E969.jpeg

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I have a Bag that attaches to the Topbar. I don't like the idea of having my expensive phone so exposed if I crash. On the topbar it is much better protected, and I have room to put a powerbank in it to keep the phone charged.This one you put on or take off with fiddly velcro straps. It is also protected from the weather.
I would prefer something that you could quickly unclip to take with you so you can have money or your wallet in it. I have seen there is someting on the market.

yanbamf

Apr 29, 2018
UK
I'm currently using a Rokfrom mount and case. Very good but they only provide cases for Apple & Samsung.

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
Decathlon do some good cheaper options if you want the 'sleeve' type - locks on/off the bike. In fact a lot of their 'accessories' are pretty good value compared to some branded stuff...

15 - Cycling - 900 Bike Smartphone Holder - i phone 5

I also got some of these, for those muddy night rides...

15 - Cycling - ARENBERG CYCLING SUNGLASSES CATEGORY 1 - YELLOW

And this when i want water but don't want a full-on camelback backpack...very compact and comfy...

15 - Cycling - ST500 Hydration Pack, Black - 3L

...just FYI!;)

Last edited:

Trail Doug

Nov 22, 2018
Wrexham
I use one of these. The stem mount has a quick release to take the case off quickly. I have the mount sitting down on the stem for longer rides with a lot of navigation and it doesn't move or vibrate at all. I've used it some pretty horrid weather with no issues. I also put the phone in the case and then in my backpack on rides where I know where I'm going just for the extra protection it gives. The only downside is taking photo's takes a bit longer as you have to take the phone out of the case.

Swapping the mount between bikes is as easy as transferring a stem cap. You don't need to touch the stem bolts at all. It comes with a number of spacers so you can get it to sit flush on your stem unlike the idiot who took these photo's.

Herbert Richter case and stem mount.

s-l1000.jpg

Ross1137

Sep 8, 2018
Australia
Hi there,

What holders + cases etc are people using to hold their i-phone or android onto the handlebars? I quite like that my kenevo has no screen but for longer smooth trials and also to find out max output etc I am wondering if it might be a good idea.

Cheers

Simon
Get one of these it is super secure, all other phone holders look stupid and bulky

Screenshot_20190331-060925_Gallery.jpg

bissona

Patreon
Oct 14, 2018
Guernsey
Quad lock case, modified to fit my Pixel 2 XL. Bulletproof and slim enough to act as a normal phone case.

Cooldaddygroove

Jul 11, 2018
Vancouver, BC
RAM Mount X-Grip. Use it on my motorcycle as well. Easy to move from one to the other. Works for any size phone, and doesn't matter what kind of case you have on your phone, or if you have things attached to the back of your case (like a metal plate you have to use a magnetic mount in your car, or an adhesive sleeve to hold credit cards).

Your phone ain't going anywhere, even in a crash.

Jameslam

Dec 21, 2020
USA, New York
That is such a useful item! Although, not every company makes good ones, sadly. I used to ride on local hills all spring and summer and I have tried a lot of different phone holders. Some stayed longer, some broke on the very first ride. I have even made a holder myself using a popsocket and some steel. I have made a personalized popsocket on Photo Phone Grip Holder and used it in my personal interest, and it worked pretty great.

Last edited:

All4Fun

Aug 5, 2020
the Netherlands
I have something like this for my Nokia 8.1 on the top tube, piece of foam to adjust to the form of the frame.
It's cheap, build in screen protector, and very stable.

1609358767606.png

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Hi there,

Cheers

Simon

Quad lock with my iPhone

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
SP Connect or Quadlock for me. Ive had both and personally prefer the SP Connect but that’s just personal preference.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles