Payment made , let's get this moving... Neuron: ON 9

RazorBlade

Jun 6, 2020
UK
Canyon just told me my bikes ready and I've paid, now comes the hard bit waiting and hoping it survives it's travels.🤞

As it's a Neuron: ON 9 and I haven't seen any owners posts on this specific flavour. I have created this thread for, the transit and then the photos and review when it finally lands.

Last edited:

RazorBlade

Jun 6, 2020
UK
Enjoy the bike, i have the Neuron8, fellow Blade living in Spain 1500kms no problems at all 👍🏻
Thanks mate, I bet there some good riding out in Spain? Is it a winter sport out in Spain... I can imagine peak summer rides can be taxing?

RazorBlade

Jun 6, 2020
UK
Shipped from Terminal tonight, so hoping for delivery sometime next week. You should be a day or so ahead of me with any luck.
Yes mine said that yesterday, then no further updates. I'm guessing it's sat in a que at customs.

RazorBlade

Jun 6, 2020
UK
20211102_125659.JPG
we have touch down! So just after lunch the courier left it on my patio , no-one was home. I was having a meltdown had to leave work to go and take it inside.

Not canyons fault, but disappointing from the courier as the are supposed to call BEFORE attempting delivery not during or after. If I had known I'd have taken the day off work.

Last edited:

RazorBlade

Jun 6, 2020
UK
20211102_130714.JPG
big bike larger than our sofa (XL)

20211102_131130.JPG
20211102_131256.JPG

And if you was thinking my wife is patient you're wrong.... She was at work , we hate the carpet anyway; it was down when we moved in (suspect I'm going shopping at the weekend 😆)

Last edited:

lenny74

Oct 5, 2018
Waterlooville
View attachment 75063 we have touch down! So just after lunch the courier left it on my patio , no-one was home. I was having a meltdown had to leave work to go and take it inside.

Not canyons fault, but disappointing from the courier as the are supposed to call BEFORE attempting delivery not during or after. If I had known I'd have taken the day off work.
Not to worry, nobody would have known what it was 🤦‍♂️ Looks very nice though. Mine should be here any day so I will look forward to it being left on the road outside ;)

RazorBlade

Jun 6, 2020
UK
20211103_063800.JPG

Build complete, gone for red on the touch points. Rear sag done, just need to setup the front , but it's dark and wet.

So tonight's task will be to fit the frame protection while it is nice and clean.
20211103_165429.JPG

Then remove the wheels and tyres a convert to tubeless.

lenny74

Oct 5, 2018
Waterlooville
View attachment 75104
Build complete, gone for red on the touch points. Rear sag done, just need to setup the front , but it's dark and wet.

So tonight's task will be to fit the frame protection while it is nice and clean. View attachment 75105

Then remove the wheels and tyres a convert to tubeless.
Nice, looking sharp. I would be interested to know how the frame protection goes? Where did you get them from?

My bike arrived today, without notice!! Thankfully my Wife was at home because I was nowhere near to take delivery. Very odd that they dont notify you its on its way.

RazorBlade

Jun 6, 2020
UK
Nice, looking sharp. I would be interested to know how the frame protection goes? Where did you get them from?

My bike arrived today, without notice!! Thankfully my Wife was at home because I was nowhere near to take delivery. Very odd that they dont notify you its on its way.

They are AMS, to be honest they are not good, too visible and you can see the bubbles. Cost £60 on Amazon, my advice is buy Heli tape and use a heat gun (not an hair dryer) as its infinitely better.

Feel a bit ripped off on did the crossbar one then decided to full stop.

Where are you in the country by the way? Invisiframe offered to design and fit for 100 if I too or shipped my bike to their Shropshire base.

Last edited:

lenny74

Oct 5, 2018
Waterlooville
The are ams, to be honest they are not good too visible an can see the bubbles. cost £60 on Amazon, my advice is buy Heli tape and use a heat gun (not an hair dryer) as its infinitely better.

Feel a bit ripped off on did the crossbar one then decided to full stop.

Where are you in the country by the way? Invisiframe offered to design and fit for 100 if I too or shipped my bike to their Shropshire base.
That was my concern to be honest. I think Invisiframe is the only way to go if you want it done properly. £100 is a great price for design and fit to be fair. Its the hassle of shipping the bike that would put me off.

I'm in Portsmouth, Hampshire so I wont be passing anytime soon.

RazorBlade

Jun 6, 2020
UK
Hi, newcomer here with finger hovering over "place order" for Neuron on 9. Do you have any updates? How has it been with yours?
Like a dream, if XC is your thing do it you won't regret it. The bike and build quality is excellent.

So simple to build, setup and use the ride is quality. Tubeless is easy all you have to do is insert valves + sealent and remove the tubes, wheels already taped.

Only bit of fettling you have to do is the suspension setup. However you'd have the same process on any full suspension bike!

karmadillo

Dec 13, 2021
Finland
Like a dream, if XC is your thing do it you won't regret it. The bike and build quality is excellent.

So simple to build, setup and use the ride is quality. Tubeless is easy all you have to do is insert valves + sealent and remove the tubes, wheels already taped.

Only bit of fettling you have to do is the suspension setup. However you'd have the same process on any full suspension bike!

Thanks, glad to hear and your point about going tubeless is very much appreciated! 👍

Gonna order mine tomorrow, then.

lenny74

Oct 5, 2018
Waterlooville
Mine has been running like a dream. I've been very impressed with the build and the spec for the money paid. I note they have even gone down in price by about £300 since I bought mine so nows the time to buy

I have come from a Levo 2019 and this is a quicker and nicer handling bike for the trails that I ride on a regular basis. Singletrack, Twisty rooty downhill sections etc. I dont need more than 130mm travel so its suits me well.

The Shimano motor has been great so far with decent range and so much more natural feeling than the Brose motor I had previously ridden, not as powerful but applied in a better way I feel.

If it suits your ride sytle/terrain etc then I would get your order in as its a decent bike for the money.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles