Review park tool dag-2.2 derailleur hanger alignment gauge

E

EddieJ

Product Image:
DAG-2_2_001.jpg

Product name: park tool dag-2.2 derailleur hanger alignment gauge
Price paid: £55.99
Score (out of 10) 10

Review: The Park Tool dag-2.2 is a relatively new addition to my cycling related tool kit, but it has quickly become one of my favourite tools, and also one that I should have purchased many years ago.

There are several cheaper versions of this tool on the market, which I am certain sure are equally as good, but I had my heart set on the Park Tool version. Sharing the cost between a trusted friend, is also a superb way of buying one, as they aren't on the cheap side of things.

It is easier for me to share a clip of how to use it, than have me trying to explain it, but what I will say is that it takes all of the guess work and frustration out gear selection issue. A tool that I would now not want to be without.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Looks good. Sharing costs is a great idea too, I’ve got so many tools that I barely get any use out of (headset press, wheel truing tool etc) that cost a fair bit to purchase. Sharing that eases the pinch a little!

Unicycle_DG

Sep 26, 2020
Kentucky
Park Tool dag-2.2
Purchase decision between the Park Tool DAG 2.2, the Wolf Tooth Pack, and the holy grail, no expense barred Abbey Bike Tools HAG. Leaning toward the Park Tool DAG because of the helpful videos online. Any advice as to which one I should buy?

Unicycle_DG

Sep 26, 2020
Kentucky
Purchase decision for my 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo Comp FSR, between the Park Tool DAG 2.2, the Wolf Tooth Components Pack Hanger Alignment Tool (Thru-Axle or Quick-Release?), or the Abbey Bike Tools HAG. Leaning toward the Park Tool DAG because of the helpful videos online as I’m a novice mechanic. Any advice as to which one I should buy?
Anyone?

TR5_20

Nov 22, 2020
Scotland
Last week I got a copy of the Park Tool.
It is the same square section design and is branded Ztto. It is reasonably priced, well made and worked well for checking and adjusting the hanger to a very fine limit (I was being really fussy with that!).
I followed the same Park videos for guidance but as I'll only be using it for occasional home use, I didn't think I needed the Park.
Hope that helps.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles