Paint or sticker

hiro

Jan 7, 2019
South Yorkshire
When my bike was delivered it had a bit of a chip out of it as below. I didn't realise what it was for a few days, at a glance I thought it was part of the design :rolleyes: and decided it wasn't a big enough deal to demand a replacement, and beside I've caused 2 or 3 stone chips on the swing arm and lower frame since then anyway.
But is this paint or is the whole yellow part a sticker? What's the best way to sort it?
IMG_8045.JPG

hiro

Jan 7, 2019
South Yorkshire
nail varnish, I once had a bike that came with a little pot of nail varnish touch up paint
It's colour matching that's the issue there though (not that I have an extensive selection of nail varnishes :whistle:). The grey swing arm is an almost perfect match for my van and I have a little touch-up pot for that which will do nicely.

hiro

Jan 7, 2019
South Yorkshire
I believe the long acknowledged and always correct answer in situations such as this is “New bike”! ?
It's 3 weeks old! :ROFLMAO: But I like the idea lol

Well after googling around I got an idea from seeing some guy who restores Matchbox cars mixing colours to get a match on an old toy, so that's what I've done, ordered a selection of 5 little pots of model paint in asst yellows and green and I'll try mixing them together to get the right match. Thanks for all the suggestions (y)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
In my head, and I am not quite all there, a chip like that would be a logical excuse for a full custom repsray to be actioned.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles