• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered oval and dented rim. What to do?

Oswald

Nov 7, 2018
Sweden
Yesterday I had a puncture on my rear wheel when I landed hard in a stair set(specialized kenevo expert), which resulted in some dents on the rim and a oval wheel.
How would you do in this situation?

I contacted the dealer and they said that they could order a new rim and change it for me. But the krux is that the delivery time was 4 months for the standard alloy rim. they could fix a carbon rim to me next week, but four times more expensive (400eur)
My gut feeling is that carbon is not the right choice for this kind of bike?

Or Should I just order a completely new wheel set (front and rear) I’ve been looking at some DT Swiss wheels (for about 600eur).Or should I just order DT Swiss rims and put on my existing wheels?(is it possible?)

And there’s a jungle of wheels and brands out there. is there a proven though e-bike wheel set for about 600eur? With at least 35mm inner width

Lots of questions, all thoughts and tips are welcome!

image.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Buy a replacement rim, lace it up, true it and go riding again.

There's absolutely no reason why you'd need to replace your rim with a Spesh one. nevermind the same one. anything with a suitable ERD will lace up fine using your existing spokes.

Also sounds like you probably need to be running higher pressures for street riding

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles