Orbea Wild FS H10 2020 chainring loose after first ride.

Muttleydog

Feb 23, 2020
Gloucestershire
Just a quick note for any new Orbea Wild owners. After my first ride today around 30 miles on a new Wild FS H10 when I was washing the bike after I noticed that the chainring was loose and had some side to side play. I was able to tighten it up by hand and returned to my LBS where I purchased the bike. They took the crank arm off and tightened and torqued the ring to 30nm for me. He even said sorry but it wouldn't be a part that is checked on the PdI as it is all pre assembled at Orbea. Maye worth checking yours if you own one.

20200320_155447.jpg

Gaz185

Oct 23, 2019
SE Queensland
Yes. It happened to me mid-ride with the crank and pedal on the left-hand side coming off completely on my Wild FS M10. I was lucky that I was on the flat at the time. Had I been on the usual rocky trails in Nerang, it would have been a trip to the ED. The bike shop have cleaned, threadlocked and tightened it for now till a replacement part. I have asked them to inform the local rep in case there is a more widespread issue.

David0208

Mar 30, 2019
United Kingdom
Yes. It happened to me mid-ride with the crank and pedal on the left-hand side coming off completely on my Wild FS M10. I was lucky that I was on the flat at the time. Had I been on the usual rocky trails in Nerang, it would have been a trip to the ED. The bike shop have cleaned, threadlocked and tightened it for now till a replacement part. I have asked them to inform the local rep in case there is a more widespread issue.
This happened to me too. 4 or 5 times on the drive side and 2 or 3 times on the non-drive side. I email E-Thirteen and they sent me a new set of cranks on warranty.

I fitted the new cranks as instructed and the drive side has come undone yet again. Looks like an E-Thirteen issue . . . I am going to get in touch with Orbea and see what they recommend.

This happened to me too. 4 or 5 times on the drive side and 2 or 3 times on the non-drive side. I email E-Thirteen and they sent me a new set of cranks on warranty.

I fitted the new cranks as instructed and the drive side has come undone yet again. Looks like an E-Thirteen issue . . . I am going to get in touch with Orbea and see what they recommend.

Thanks for the reply David. Glad to see that E-Thirteen replaced under warranty but it is unfortunate that it has reoccurred. It seems that E-Thirteen may be the problem. I will email Orbea as well as I am sure that we are not the only ones that this has happened to. I will post in regard to the outcome as it is a safety issue.

Aug 4, 2020
California

This has happened to me several times. Does anyone know if replacing the entire crank or bottom bracket will fix. Or are there any other compatible cranks of other brands that would work.

I have been contacted by e13 in Germany who are happy to send out replacement cranks to me in Australia which is a lot more helpful than the local distributor in Sydney. I think Miranda have a crank that is compatible with the Bosch performance line gen4.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles