• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Orbea wild FS buying advice

Reapso

Jun 24, 2020
Slovenia
Hello guys, I'm about to buy a new bike which is Orbea wild fs H10 and I have a couple of questions. I weight 80-90kg and am by no means a pro rider, but rather an recreational mountainbiker, I am very agressive when going downhill tho.
I will be using this bike for everything, from all day 80km+ mountain climbing, to 1-3h fireroad and singletrack rides, to agressive trail riding in our local bike park which has rocky and rooty, loose over hard terrain with jumps and drops, but also some flow trails. So I really do need an allrounder.
Do you think Orbea is the right bike for me? I mostly picked it because of the bosch motor which after a lot of research I decided is the best and its dual battery capability, plus I got a really sweet deal for 4k€.

Now to the main question.
The bike has a FOX DPX2 Performance shock, but for extra 99€ I can get it with FOX float X2 Factory shock.
It has FOX 36 float Performance fork with Grip (FitGrip?) damper, but for extra 299€ I can get it with FOX 36 Float Factory fork with Grip2 damper. Both rear and front have 160mm travel.
Which combo do you think would best fit my riding style? I fear that the pricier options will make climbing and all day trips less enjoyable, while the cheaper options won't let me use the bikes full potential on the downhills.
Also what is the maintenance and service cost difference between the two? I don't want to spend a month worth of my earnings every year just for shock maintenance.

Thank you for your thoughts and help.

Here's a link to the bike
WILD FS H10

Insane

Jan 30, 2020
Barcelona
Go for the Orbea this bike is amazing!
The bike pedals really well, I never lock the shock on uphills, shock wont affect climbing imo.

Dunno if the shock and fork upgrade make a big difference, i have the stock ones.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
At the prices they are offering for the upgrades it makes sense, but TBH are you a good enough rider to to tell the difference? The stock stuff is good. Main thing I would get, or try and get a deal on if you want to do 80km rides is the range extender battery pack.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles