Orbea Service/Support in US?

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
US Orbea owners, how's your experience with service and support?

I do all my own building and servicing on my acoustic bikes but it sounds like warranty and dealer support is lot more important on eMTBs.

Are you able to get parts and warranty service without shipping the bike away? Can you get support help on the phone when needed? Do dealers carry parts or are most things special order? Do company reps and dealers tend to blow you off when you have support or warranty issues?

I figure Orbea has no chance to compete on service and support against Trek in the US, but I'm trying to get a sense how much hassle and frustration is likely.

Thanks!

Alexfa60

Apr 12, 2021
CA
just got a 2021 WILD FS H25 and hopefully I never have to find out how the service is. however, it is part of the reason why I brought it Mike's Bike (local bike chain), rather than online. they are approved vendors and provide limited warranty, with experts mechanics for tuneups
at the end f the day, the majority of the parts are standard sizes and you should be able to find (almost) everything at your local emts shop.
the bike looks and rides great!

IMG_20210409_121647.jpg

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
just got a 2021 WILD FS H25 and hopefully I never have to find out how the service is. however, it is part of the reason why I brought it Mike's Bike (local bike chain), rather than online. they are approved vendors and provide limited warranty, with experts mechanics for tuneups
at the end f the day, the majority of the parts are standard sizes and you should be able to find (almost) everything at your local emts shop.
the bike looks and rides great!

Where did you get this info? I mean, I realize you bought the bike there! :) But they don't have Orbea listed on their website and they're not on the Orbea dealer list. Maybe it's a new brand for them? That would be good news for sure, the closest dealer to me listed on Orbea's website is in Santa Cruz...Mike's would be way more convenient, if I need it!

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Meh. Not great response from Orbea directly. They eventually respond, but can take days or weeks. Local dealer tries to help but they're still dependent on Orbea's responsiveness.

Alexfa60

Apr 12, 2021
CA
Where did you get this info? I mean, I realize you bought the bike there! :) But they don't have Orbea listed on their website and they're not on the Orbea dealer list. Maybe it's a new brand for them? That would be good news for sure, the closest dealer to me listed on Orbea's website is in Santa Cruz...Mike's would be way more convenient, if I need it!

My neighbor/friend works a their warehouse and told me that if they carry the brand, they have the partnership, or at least authorized to work on them (spears parts included).
as the bike is 3 weeks old, I haven't had any issues (?), but I am taking it in on Saturday for a tune-up, and I'll ask more info.
I'll let you know what they say.

with that said, even if they do not have a direct partnership,I like having the peace of mind of Mike's Bike techs available and knowledgeable about the brand, than having to rely solely on Orbea online support. I might joint their maintenance program.

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Thank you. The other point I forgot to mention is if you order a range extender from Orbea's website you have to choose a bike shop to have it delivered to. Mike's wasn't listed when I ordered, so for now mine is headed to a shop an hour away.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Thank you. The other point I forgot to mention is if you order a range extender from Orbea's website you have to choose a bike shop to have it delivered to. Mike's wasn't listed when I ordered, so for now mine is headed to a shop an hour away.

I cancelled my extender order so maybe one of you will get lucky and have it earlier. Ha.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles