Orbea Rise delivery damage

Andyb13

Nov 3, 2020
Grimsby
I took delivery of my Orbea Rise on Saturday, unpacked on Sunday and inviframe applied to protect my expensive bit of kit, (worst i has have done so far) few other little upgrades.
Monday evening took it out for the first ride to discover the gears would not change correctly, jumping gears and the chain catching the upper sprocket.
Set up the rear XTR derailleur correctly and thought everything should work as its supposed to, wrong!!! visit to my LBS to speak with the mechanics, they had a quick look round and the rear derailleur hanger is bent which didn't help the situation.
On closer inspection we discovered the gear cable had been badly kinked and outer casing damaged at the entry point to the head tube during the packing process.
However! I am annoyed that bike was not inspected by the shop who sold me it online to make sure everything is setup correctly.
Beware when buying your bike online to check everything works as it should and there is no visible damage.
I am currently waiting for the retailer to contact me regarding these issues and how they are going to correct them.

IMG_5709.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles