Orbea Rise , anyone seen one yet ?

NorthernBloke

Sep 17, 2021
Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
I have the Team and it is awesome but currently having crank arm issues (one keeps falling off)
Used forum for potential fixes, followed the suggestions and so far no further problems, e*13 alloy (waiting on carbon)
Since having Covid I have found out I have a heart condition - AF
Without this I would not be riding, so this has saved me.
I also think it has helped my skillset going up hill. I am choosing trickier climbs and having a go at 'hike a bike' sections.
Calderdale, UK is my stomping ground and I am finding 40 to 50 k range with 3,000 ft of climb before the red blinking light of death comes on.
I use profile 1, and try not to use boost until end of ride when you're tired or when the climb is really steep.
Not sure of the guard though, I have quite a few stratches and a couple of gouges already, also not so sure the charging cap is much cop as I often find sand in it after a ride. The Yorkshire gritstone sand that gets into a fine paste and ends up in every nook and cranny.
Looking to change tyres for the winter as not sure the current tyres are going to be enough for the mud that is coming.

Last edited:

jadias89

Feb 24, 2021
Denbigh
If anyone is looking, my local - Alpha Cycle Worx - had THREE spare M10s turn up the other day. Two medium and a large. I doubt they’ll be around long.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
@carlbiker - I notice both Orbea riders had the extenders fitted - were they needed? Ride was 16 miles only but offset by big climbs. Just interested. I thought I would need one but not found the need yet but still think something like that would necessitate one...

Inc battery had 15% left, Adam had about 6%, when I took it off and checked the bike had over 20% left so not sure how that works as I thought the battery was meant to fully drain before the bike, I’ll check again in further….recently I did a trip to Ladybower and Lee Quarry and on both occasions the bike battery wasn’t touched….

It is nice to not have the anxiety of running out for the weight penalty…..I did have fatigue set in on the night time ladybowers potato alley though as my arms and legs were shot with doing a double ride, I’m still gripping on for dear life ?!

I have 2 extenders, for some rides I’ll carry the spare (50 miles etc)

DanMcDan

Mar 18, 2021
Torquay
I’ve had approx 30% left after 85k and 4000ft upto and around Dartmoor, Mostly in eco/off until the going got a bit too much, not sure I could carry another extender asides from the one on the bike.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Well survived Skiddaw on the weekend, I only agreed to go thinking the weather would be too good for being out of season but despite it being glorious when I set off at 5.30am it was pissing it down when I got there!

The scree descent to Ullock Pike handed my ass to me as I had a Zimmerframeesque off….I managed to crash the bike, commando roll (again) end up on my feet thinking I could stop and ended up doing a fell race for about 10 meters before just diving to the ground and preying to the mtb gods is not broken anything, which I hadn’t!

The climb upto it was hell on Earth, scree dh when wet same, ullock pike same but then things ease up a little and some great tracks unfold, last part is techy uphil stuff which was really fun.

I’m not yet ‘bike fit’ so this size of ride was a challenge for me to keep up with the other way more experienced and fitter guys but I’m glad I did it, been buzzing ever since!

Two of us had Rises and three were on full fat, I didn’t really feel a penalty, if anything it’s swings and roundabouts, I was able to get further on some of the more tricky uphill tech stuff than the others on full fat which I found interesting.
View attachment 72115 View attachment 72112
View attachment 72114

just to follow up

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles