Orbea Rise , anyone seen one yet ?

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Anyone seen , or better still ridden or own , the new Orbea Rise yet ? After getting in touch with several shops it seems some of the first to be delivered were due in this week. Virtually all pre sold but I have found one available thats due in a weeks time and very tempted . Fits my riding style perfectly but been hovering hoping that there would be some real world experience , but I could miss out on the one I've found in my size .

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
I ordered one sight unseen, In route (shipped on the 2nd)...should have it on Tuesday according to LBS (i am in the US).

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Placed deposit on M20 , due in on 10th Dec but been told to take that with a pinch of salt due to deliveries during current global situation.
Ideally I'd have liked the M10 , but availability and price dictates . Ive identified a couple of spec areas I'm unsure of and would appreciate thoughts .
Brakes are Deore 2 piston calipers so I'm upgrading to a 4 pot caliper on the front at the very least , never owned an ebike but its obvious they take more stopping.
Forks are Fox 34 Performance, I've never tried above a fox 32 , but it seems they are considered a bit flexy for an ebike ? Thinking should I upgrade them at purchase to a 36, Lyrik Ultimate , DVO or any other recommendations be great . If I swap them straight away I'll have new fork to sell or do deal with shop .
I'm happy with the rest of the spec , I've used SLX for years and found it great .

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Go with what is stock. Ride the bike and see what areas you need to change and why. You can then justify the change and the cost. Even if money is not a problem, I still prefer to get the best out of what is on the bike (suspension, brakes), unless I already know I need to change (things like grips, conversion to tubeless, saddle). Even with something that I have not used before like a specific tyre, I'll always give it a go before I make a change.

When you make a massive change like a replacement fork, you are not necessarily moving to something noticeably better. It may be that you are not skilled enough to notice the difference. You may be making the change through ignorance (I define ignorance in this case as lack of information, or informed experience). You may be making the change because of peer pressure, or maybe you are driven by the magazines or what you see on the internet. (When I use the word "you", I mean it in the generic sense, I'm not having a go at you personally).

If you use the kit and form an opinion, then it is informed by your personal experience. If it feels great then leave it alone! Over time, you may come to feel some dissatisfaction with the performance of the item. Work out what it is that you don't like or wish it would do more of and suddenly you have an informed opinion. This may take some time. The more experienced you are, then the quicker you will form an opinion. I have only been riding mtbs for less than 13 years and emtbs for less than two years. Therefore I freely admit I know very little about lots of things, something about many things, and a lot about very few things. My problem is knowing which is which! :ROFLMAO:

KeithR

Jul 1, 2020
Blyth, Northumberland
Forks are Fox 34 Performance, I've never tried above a fox 32 , but it seems they are considered a bit flexy for an ebike ?
As I said on your other thread on this subject:

No. They aren't.

You might decide they're too flexy for you , once you've ridden the pants off them, but there is no way that other people's opinion of them (which I said on the other thread, sometimes comes from a questionable place - some riders just want to come across as more "hardcore" than we mere mortals) should prejudice your decisions.

Remember that the actual number of riders who have declared the Fox 34 to be too flexy for them, is a vanishingly small percentage of the overall number of people who ride that fork.

It's usually the case on the internet that complainers make the most noise, with the "look at me!" poseurs right behind them.

Here's my take, for what it's worth: in addition to riding, I'm a keen wildlife/sport photographer, and I enjoy fishing. In all of these, my key expectation of the gear I use is that it should just get out of my way: if I don't have to think about it, and I'm not distracted by it when I'm using it, it's doing its job properly.

I never find myself being distracted by the behaviour of the Fox 34 on my SL. It does its job the way I expect it to, predictably and effectively, and without ever giving me anything to worry about.

That makes it a damn' good fork for its intended purpose.

You might well find yourself agreeing...

Last edited:

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Thanks for the replies , much appreciate the time and effort to comment on it . I am an experienced mountain biker , been riding 25 years, more xc , can't jump for toffee lol . I've experienced my share of crap forks and to be honest I do normally stick with stock items and replace with better where required once worn out . Been surprised by some components, SLX was a casing point on my last bike , I'd always had XT but really don't feel the need now .
The doubts have crept in for 2 reasons , your right in saying its because of posts on here , and secondly because I have no experience of ebikes at all .
You've convinced me to stick with the forks , to be honest they'll be a massive step up from my last ones .
Tyres I always give a go , I have my favourites but how do you know if anything is better or worse until you try it. Same goes for saddle , my backside will be the judge of that lol .

Thanks again

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Fab , hoping mine arrives on time , be good to have it for the Christmas break . Be good to hear what you think of yours .

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
Looks like I found one M20 which should arrive March/April. M10 would have been my choice but alas looks like Finland is not getting those practically at all before late summer.

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
i will report back...more to come
So it arrived yesterday...M10 large...fit and finish is really solid. There is def a rattle from the motor but only rode it briefly. The power to weight ratio feels good actually better than i expected. I need to play with the E-TUBE settings and dial the suspension in and I will have a better idea.
I thought I would hate the junction box but it’s actually pretty cool (still think I will order the display) Happy to try and answer any questions...more to come

82060562-EDE4-4CA7-82AC-A8D4BD6DEDE7.jpeg

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I'll be first to say that looks mint , congrats on new bike.
I've had a phone call today saying my M20 has been delayed , now going to be January . Then he drops in the conversation that he has an M10 in my size on route with DPD ! Oh crap !

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
So it arrived yesterday...M10 large...fit and finish is really solid. There is def a rattle from the motor but only rode it briefly. The power to weight ratio feels good actually better than i expected. I need to play with the E-TUBE settings and dial the suspension in and I will have a better idea.
I thought I would hate the junction box but it’s actually pretty cool (still think I will order the display) Happy to try and answer any questions...more to come

View attachment 46861
I would be really interested to see what the range is with it in Trail mode

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
I'm being told that mine should arrive (in the USA) in the first week of January. It's an LTD w/custom paint and spec.

Not sure when the range extenders will be shipping - does anyone have one in their possession yet?

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
I'll be first to say that looks mint , congrats on new bike.
I've had a phone call today saying my M20 has been delayed , now going to be January . Then he drops in the conversation that he has an M10 in my size on route with DPD ! Oh crap !
go with the M10...worth the upgrade

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales

View attachment 46861

I have to ask... can you weigh it please?

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
my lbs is supposed to have their first Rise order next week. Can't wait to check the bikes out. Mostly I need to check whether I'm a L or XL :)
I have a L on order just need to figure out if that was the right choice!!

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA

Can you comment on sizing? Does the bike feel big? How tall are you? inseam? Any comments appreciated!!

View attachment 46861

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles