Orbea launch aluminium WILD FS

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Now, the new aluminum model joints complements the carbon edition in what’s now a complete range of the Wild line.

Wild FS H .jpg

Back in September, Orbea debuted the new carbon Wild FS to help riders uncover trails they only dreamed of. With a variety of paint options, aggressive geometry and progressive kinematics, it’s an electric bike as versatile as it is capable.
Wild FS is now available in three versions: 100% OMR carbon, carbon-alloy blend and 100% alloy, all customizable on MyO and MyO Lite.
While the technologies are shared among the three options, each version is distinguished by their frame materials, customization options and available assemblies.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
PRESS RELEASE:

WILD FS FAMILY DETAILS:
Wheel size: 29”
Travel: 160mm rear / 160mm front
Engine: Bosch Performance Line CX Gen4
Battery: 625Wh, expandable to 1125Wh
Versions: 100% carbon monocoque OMR, carbon and aluminum or 100% hydroformed aluminum
Sizes: SM / L / XL
Price: From € 4899 to € 8999
Customizable in: use, ergonomics, components, finish and colors
More info: Orbea

WILD FAMILY CAPABILITIES

The entire Wild line features the new Bosch CX engine — lighter, quieter, more compact and efficient — and a 625 Wh battery to assist with even the toughest climbs. And with a focus on geometry and progressive kinematics, the Wild FS family is capable of turning big dreams into reality.

Add to this the 29” wheels, 160mm front and rear travel, aggressive 2.6” tires and dropper post, and the result is an ebike equipped for any trail.

THREE VERSIONS, INFINITE OPTIONS

For several years, we’ve offered increasingly more bike customization options on MyO as a way of designing a bike that’s unique to each rider — and the Wild FS is no exception. Ergonomics, components, paint finishes and colors are all options that are fully customizable.

The three Wild FS versions have four different shock options (three air shocks, one spring shock and loads of different settings), giving riders total control over the suspension behavior and adaptation to personal preference, terrain style or riding style.

The option to add a second battery and increase its capacity from 625 Wh to 1125 Wh enables longer rides, more climbing assistance and greater autonomy for the rider’s experience. Alternatively, the secondary battery mount can be used for a bottle cage with capacity for a multi-tool. In either case, the new Bosch display can be mounted in three different positions, thanks to an exclusive and integrative design.

And when it comes to choosing components, the MyO and MyO Lite platforms allow riders to customize their options, ergonomics, colors and paint finishes for a total of 1 million possible configurations.

THE DIFFERENCE IS IN THE DETAILS

Every version of the Wild FS is designed to accomplish a single, unified goal: elevate the mountain bike experience.

That’s why you’ll find thoughtful details like a simple, reliable and tool-less locking mechanism for the battery; a power-locked keypad for the master key; a frame protector for the Acros Block Lock 164º; a protective, resistant and lightweight polymer on the motor; or the removable shift pin…just to name a few.

No Orbea detail is spared in the entire Wild FS family, including heavy-duty enduro bearings, internal wiring and a multitude of protective elements throughout the entire frame. The end result is powerful e-MTB that’s ready to take back your Wild.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Nice bike, but it still has the top tube hump beloved of Cube and Haibike (though to a lesser extent), and that press release... :rolleyes: My marketing BS-ometer just went off the scale...!

Last edited:

Kingfisher

Jun 3, 2019
Belgium
"625Wh, expandable to 1125Wh "

Is there something that Bosch isnt telling us? Or is that just adding a 500Wh battery to the frame?

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
PRESS RELEASE:

WILD FS FAMILY DETAILS:
Wheel size: 29”
Travel: 160mm rear / 160mm front
Engine: Bosch Performance Line CX Gen4
Battery: 625Wh, expandable to 1125Wh
Versions: 100% carbon monocoque OMR, carbon and aluminum or 100% hydroformed aluminum
Sizes: SM / L / XL
Price: From € 4899 to € 8999
Customizable in: use, ergonomics, components, finish and colors
More info: Orbea

WILD FAMILY CAPABILITIES

The entire Wild line features the new Bosch CX engine — lighter, quieter, more compact and efficient — and a 625 Wh battery to assist with even the toughest climbs.

...The option to add a second battery and increase its capacity from 625 Wh to 1125 Wh enables longer rides, more climbing assistance and greater autonomy for the rider’s experience. Alternatively, the secondary battery mount can be used for a bottle cage with capacity for a multi-tool. In either case, the new Bosch display can be mounted in three different positions, thanks to an exclusive and integrative design.
Important caveat - I just looked and the lowest spec bikes only have the 500Wh Powertube battery (example). It does appear from the spec sheet that even the base models can take the piggy back battery though, which might mike the lighter, cheaper base models attractive...

WILD-FS

kntr

Sep 19, 2019
USA
So, anyone bought one?

I sold my 2019 Carbon Expert Levo and the guy is picking it up tomorrow. I plan on ordering a WILD Team on Mon... if I can decide on a custom color or just get an orange TEAM.

A custom color will take 90 days, but I really want flat white and green.
The stock shiny orange could be here in 10 days.

I ride in really brush areas and the shiny will look like crap in a few rides so I really want a flat color.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I sold my 2019 Carbon Expert Levo and the guy is picking it up tomorrow. I plan on ordering a WILD Team on Mon... if I can decide on a custom color or just get an orange TEAM.

A custom color will take 90 days, but I really want flat white and green.
The stock shiny orange could be here in 10 days.

I ride in really brush areas and the shiny will look like crap in a few rides so I really want a flat color.
Can you not just get it invisiframed/wrapped in a flat colour... would get you the bike quicker (I'm impatient :) )

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Please give info! 27.5 rear? What size tires front and rear? How much clearance on the back?
This is the H25. Front tyre is the studded 45Nrth Wrathchild 29x2.6". I only had one of those tyres, so I put the Suomi Fat Freddie 27.5x3.0" on the back. A nice combo, lot's of float on the rear and great ice grip on the front. The Fat Freddie is about 75mm wide, and it barely fits. There's like 3mm clearance on either side, between tyre and chainstays. I will keep riding it for a while, but I won't be suprised if the tyre rubs the stays when riding more agressively.

kntr

Sep 19, 2019
USA
This is the H25. Front tyre is the studded 45Nrth Wrathchild 29x2.6". I only had one of those tyres, so I put the Suomi Fat Freddie 27.5x3.0" on the back. A nice combo, lot's of float on the rear and great ice grip on the front. The Fat Freddie is about 75mm wide, and it barely fits. There's like 3mm clearance on either side, between tyre and chainstays. I will keep riding it for a while, but I won't be suprised if the tyre rubs the stays when riding more agressively.

You should try a Maxxis HR2 27.5x3.0. I ran one on my Levo and it was great.

How do you like the new Bosch?

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
You should try a Maxxis HR2 27.5x3.0. I ran one on my Levo and it was great.

How do you like the new Bosch?
I won't be riding it with a 3" tyre once the snow is gone, prefer a narrower tyre on bare trails. I think I'll try 29x2.5", got some of those in the shed.

I've barely ridden this bike, but I've ridden the Bosch on a few other bikes, and I've done a review of it.

kntr

Sep 19, 2019
USA
I won't be riding it with a 3" tyre once the snow is gone, prefer a narrower tyre on bare trails. I think I'll try 29x2.5", got some of those in the shed.

I've barely ridden this bike, but I've ridden the Bosch on a few other bikes, and I've done a review of it.
Nice review. How is the power and noise compared to the Brose?

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Nice review. How is the power and noise compared to the Brose?
Thanks. The Bosch is noisier. I haven't tested the motors side by side, so I'm not sure about power. I might get the chance in a few days though. I don't expect the Bosch to be more powerful, but it may not be much weaker.

GrandesRoues

Jul 26, 2019
Alpes Françaises
It's a bummer that the second battery can't be put lower, like on the simplon rapcon pmax.

If used with a small rear shock (no external reservoir), do you think one could slide the second barrery lower, between the frame 'arms' (with custom mounts), or is the battery to wide to fit ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles