Orange Alpine 6 E

lucacocomazzi

Dec 23, 2018
Bolton - UK
Hi everyone

I'm in the market for a new E-MTB

Any of you guys own the orange alpine 6 E, I read few reviews online, I'm wondering if any of you guys actually own one of these and could share your experience with it.

Thanks

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I’m not aware that anyone on here has taken the plunge - it’s probably those hideous signature welds that Orange love so much... ;)

BC48387B-75A5-4F76-9DAA-AB3FEF7B3B3B.jpeg

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
Got to see it in person at the CycleShow in 2018. Lovely to see it - the colour is greata nd yes, in person the welds really POP but that is Orange for ya! Personally not a fan of the exposed motor at the bottom in terms of aesthetic but you'll defo get a lot of look on this bike thats for sure :)

lucacocomazzi

Dec 23, 2018
Bolton - UK
I have actually got to see it, there is the pro model 2018 at my local bike shop for sale. The Levo 2019 is an option, I don't really fancy the 29er wheels

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
I have actually got to see it, there is the pro model 2018 at my local bike shop for sale. The Levo 2019 is an option, I don't really fancy the 29er wheels
I've got a 2018 (650b) Levo and love it. I've ridden quite a lot of emtb's and before buying the LEvo did a lot of research. I like the customer service from Specialized and my local shop, Berkshire Cycles but cannot comment on Orange in those regards. :)

lucacocomazzi

Dec 23, 2018
Bolton - UK
I've got a 2018 (650b) Levo and love it. I've ridden quite a lot of emtb's and before buying the LEvo did a lot of research. I like the customer service from Specialized and my local shop, Berkshire Cycles but cannot comment on Orange in those regards. :)
My LBS has the 2018 levo comp carbon at a good price, cheaper than the Orange too. How do you find yours, what model have you got ??

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
My LBS has the 2018 levo comp carbon at a good price, cheaper than the Orange too. How do you find yours, what model have you got ??
I have that one too. You can see the full spec here. My LBS was selling it on behalf of a customer who got given it for free. I bought it for £3400 in October and have been totally pleased with it :)

lucacocomazzi

Dec 23, 2018
Bolton - UK
The one at my LBS is out at £4250. This could be an option too. I don't know if those 750 pounds extra are worth to get the 2019 model
2018-men-s-turbo-levo-fsr-comp-carbon-6fattie-29_11785.jpg

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
The one at my LBS is out at £4250. This could be an option too. I don't know if those 750 pounds extra are worth to get the 2019 model View attachment 9402
I have never tried a 2019 so cannot say. I'm happy with mine, that's good enough for me!
The only gripe I have with the 2019 is the motor casing, shite gets in there like nobodies business! If they fixed that I'd upgrade next year and get one on a reduction price i think :)

lucacocomazzi

Dec 23, 2018
Bolton - UK
I have never tried a 2019 so cannot say. I'm happy with mine, that's good enough for me!
The only gripe I have with the 2019 is the motor casing, shite gets in there like nobodies business! If they fixed that I'd upgrade next year and get one on a reduction price i think :)
You're right, that pulled me off a lot to be honest. That's one of the reason I started to watch something else like the Orange or the 2018 model. Does mud get in the motor on yours ?

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
You're right, that pulled me off a lot to be honest. That's one of the reason I started to watch something else like the Orange or the 2018 model. Does mud get in the motor on yours ?
Well, I have ridden in pretty bad weather and I've submerged the motor twice (don't ever do that :rolleyes:) but I took it apart when I thought there was resistance. Nothing was up with it. Berkshire Cycles, put anti-corrosion internally so it looks in good nick at least. Never had a problem with the motor and it is muddy inside (dry mud power type) but not caked in shite. I'll be doing about 15k miles from Feb onwards for year. Will be able to comment better then :)

Last edited:

lucacocomazzi

Dec 23, 2018
Bolton - UK
Well, I have ridden in pretty bad weather and I've submerged the motor twice (don't ever do that :rolleyes:) but I took it apart when I thought there was resistance. Nothing was up with it. Berkshire Cycles, put anti-corrosion internally so it looks in good nick at least. Never had a problem with the motor and it is muddy inside (dry mud power type) but not caked in shite. I'll be doing about 15k miles from Feb onwards for year. Will be able to comment better then :)
As long is not as bad as the new Levo, you can live with that. I'll see if I can find some in depth review about it. Cheers

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
I've had a few Orange bikes and nothing bad to say about them. Always been a bit pricey but then they are built in the UK. Remember reading that the bike has same geometry as the normal bike so think that would bode quite well.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Got to see it in person at the CycleShow in 2018. Lovely to see it - the colour is great and yes, in person the welds really POP but that is Orange for ya! Personally not a fan of the exposed motor at the bottom in terms of aesthetic but you'll defo get a lot of look on this bike thats for sure :)
I also saw it at the NEC, and based on that could never buy one - those welds are just too horrific, and it’s an awful lot of money for a single pivot bike IMO. I do agree it looks better than their conventional FS bikes though, probably because the motor and deep downtube gives it that moto look that suits the welds and rear frame design. The irony is that their cheaper, non-UK manufactured models have much cleaner welds - the kids bikes in particular are much neater and very cute, though expensive even next to Frog and Isla.

Last edited:

Rawry

Nov 27, 2018
Cleveland
I tried one about a month ago from Bike scene in Giusbrough and thought it was far better than my Levo it had a few Hope up grades on it but it was very good it might be worth a phone call to them or it might be on their web site.

Shaun

May 12, 2018
Saint Mary Bourne
I tried one about a month ago from Bike scene in Giusbrough and thought it was far better than my Levo it had a few Hope up grades on it but it was very good it might be worth a phone call to them or it might be on their web site.

Hi Could I ask which aspects of the Orange were an improvement on your Levo?

lucacocomazzi

Dec 23, 2018
Bolton - UK
What year/model levo have you got ?? I'll have a look on their website and see where they are located

lucacocomazzi

Dec 23, 2018
Bolton - UK
2018 Carbon comp /medium i bought it from bike scene and i can't fault there service i think this bike with all the upgrades is a fair price
I can get the Alpine pro model for £5000 or same as yours at £4250.. just debating between the 2 and get as many opinions as I can, as unfortunately I have no chance to ride them as they have no demos

Shaun

May 12, 2018
Saint Mary Bourne
For me the single pivot design is not something that I would buy in 2019, I expect more these days - so even it was full XT and £3000 I would not be tempted

I am not aware of the more complex suspension systems making it onto any motocross bike, so I would therefore assume that a well sorted single pivot is still a viable technology. Some will say less is more and others that less gives you exactly that "less".

It ultimately comes down to the riders perceived handling of the bike and what suits their user pattern.

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
I am not aware of the more complex suspension systems making it onto any motocross bike, so I would therefore assume that a well sorted single pivot is still a viable technology. Some will say less is more and others that less gives you exactly that "less".

It ultimately comes down to the riders perceived handling of the bike and what suits their user pattern.
Good way of putting that there Shaun. I agree totally with your thoughts there and, ultimately, someone else's reasons for or against buying something always conflict with another person. If you like it...grab it!

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole

I suppose the sp design has been around since the early 90's and while does work fine ( I have a few bikes like this) I prefer the modern designs that evolved from the vpp era.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles