Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Product Image:
HEOOEND_P1-03.jpg

Product name: On-One Enduro MTB Helmet
Price paid: £10
Score (out of 10): 8

Review: £10 for a bike helmet? That I'd actually wear? Really?

Yes, really.

The On-One Enduro MTB Helmet is a decent piece of kit for an unbelievable price. I mean, £10? For a helmet? To be fair, it was on offer as the usual price is £15, but even then it's hardly expensive. There's plenty of colours to chose from, I went with matt black and orange.

It doesn't have any fancy trappings Like M.I.P.S. or Fidlock. It just has the adjuster at the rear and large, comfy pads that add up to a helmet that fits my noggin nicely. It's certainly a lot more comfortable than the Fox Flux it replaced. A better fit too. And the adjuster on the On-One doesn't adjust itself mid-ride...

Okay, it's hotter than the Flux, but I had less issues with sweat running down into my eyes, probably because of those large pads.

I'd been considering one for a while and the offer made it impossible to resist. If I didn't like it I could always donate it to my local up-cycling charity, but I'm keeping it.

At the current pricing (£15) it's cheap enough to buy a few and be less fussy about replacing it after a knock.

Finally, if you're uncomfortable spending so little on a helmet you could always buy an O'Neal Defender 2.0 for around £60. What does the extra 45 quid get you? A Fidlock catch, otherwise it's basically the same helmet...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles