Old blokes who should know better.....

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
"Old Blokes Who Buy Too Many Tools"
I bought the makita version a few weeks back, haven't tried it on the bike though ... :)
Yikes... that's a red flag!!

I hope you've used it IMMEDIATELY on something else as soon as you got home... instead of hanging it on a hook or storing it in a cabinet somewhere.

Otherwise, in a few more years you might end up like me...

*** I'm killing time in a tool shop (dangerous) and I see that special tool that I've always wanted. I get home and I go to hang it on a hook only to see that I already have one there... brand new... un-opened! *** ?:mad:??

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
You need to start using terms/words like Narly/Drop-in/Sent it/Sic, then the kids will think you're cool and fast.....or not. It's always fun as an old git when you encounter kids who think they've just invented something you were doing years ago.

Back in the 70's we were taking rear clusters apart and bolting the big cogs to chain rings to make ultra low gearing, long before mountain bikes were even conceived. As for building ramps/jumping/mimicking motocross riders.....that pretty much took up the whole summer holidays.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
he he...just reminded me.....we had an area that was on the edge of a long disused clay quarry that had vertical drops, steep shutes, jumps etc which kept us amused for days during the summer holidays. We only had bikes we largely made ourselves from scrap in the local dump and they regularly fell to pieces. Broken frames, forks, wheels. We called the area.." the bumps" ......that was 60+ years ago.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
We only had bikes we largely made ourselves from scrap in the local dump and they regularly fell to pieces. Broken frames, forks, wheels
man, I love that cos its exactly how I got my bikes when I was a kid cos we didnt have a pot to piss in, in the end I had some pretty nice BMX's I made out of random bits

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Gawd, you lot had it easy .. we didn't even have a scrap heap .. never mind being hydrated enough to actually need a pot to piss in .
That was nothing! (here we go, Monty).

When I was young (*cough)... on the rare occasions we were allowed to piss, the only spot I could do it on was against an uphill slope. All roads were uphill back in those days... even both ways. So my piss would always trickle back and wet my bare feet - because I had to eat my shoes... ?

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
That was nothing! (here we go, Monty).

When I was young (*cough)... on the rare occasions we were allowed to piss, the only spot I could do it on was against an uphill slope. All roads were uphill back in those days... even both ways. So my piss would always trickle back and wet my bare feet - because I had to eat my shoes... ?
And you think you had it tough? Shoes? ..luxury!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
So my piss would always trickle back and wet my bare feet
Bloody Posh people. You lot don't know how easy you had it. Feet ! My feet were long gone by the age of 6. First the toes and then the rest. Slowly sawn off using a hair from my head to make foot chops, then grilled on a rock for 4 hours under the sun. Served on a fresh tasty bed of straight lettuce (which I now call grass) and black beans, gifted by the wild rabbits.

At Christmas, the vet would drop in on the way back from his castration tour with a bag of Meat Balls - one each - we had it good.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
At Christmas, the vet would drop in on the way back from his castration tour with a bag of Meat Balls - one each - we had it good.
Well lucky you - you spoilt brat. At least you got given meat balls by your posh VET friend - I bet those were always big mashers that came off defeated Spanish bulls, weren’t they?

The only freebie meatballs I RARELY ever get are always stupid small - cuz my friend only happens to be a part-time paramedic. He says he only gets called in when the matador stuffs up, like hardly ever!!
??

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Well lucky you - you spoilt brat. At least you got given meat balls by your posh VET friend - I bet those were always big mashers that came off defeated Spanish bulls, weren’t they?

The only freebie meatballs I RARELY ever get are always stupid small - cuz my friend only happens to be a part-time paramedic. He says he only gets called in when the matador stuffs up, like hardly ever!!
??
Ha, You think you had it tough!.. Where I was brought up, there weren't even any matadors.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Bloody Posh people. You lot don't know how easy you had it. Feet ! My feet were long gone by the age of 6. First the toes and then the rest. Slowly sawn off using a hair from my head to make foot chops, then grilled on a rock for 4 hours under the sun. Served on a fresh tasty bed of straight lettuce (which I now call grass) and black beans, gifted by the wild rabbits.

That's French cuisine for you!!!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Not even Matawindows?

Sorry... leftover daddy joke my kids didn’t want! Ouch that was awful bad! ??
Don't worry, I had contemplated going a similar route but was thinking about how posh he was that where they grew up they even called Door Mats "matadoors" ...

Actually, that might not be re-assuring for you ........ but quite the opposite :) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
25B34EFA-F1E0-4547-923E-90C7DEA0AA17.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles