Old blokes who should know better.....

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Not sure WHY I have just "liked" that last video as my stomach was churning😱. Nice though, thanks.
I was able to fumble out a “Wow” in the end. Shortly after the video started I couldn’t understand why the scenes suddenly went sideways. I may need a new iPhone …or a stronger tummy 🤮.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Not sure WHY I have just "liked" that last video as my stomach was churning😱. Nice though, thanks.
I was able to fumble out a “Wow” in the end. Shortly after the video started I couldn’t understand why the scenes suddenly went sideways. I may need a new iPhone …or a stronger tummy 🤮.

I'm taking both of those as a compliment. That run is on the bleeding edge of my skill level. Every feature requires precision. The exact speed and technique. Go too fast or to slow or run off line a bit and it ends badly. Either broken bikes or bodies.

But once you have it dialled... Man what a rush. I am super stoked when I can clean that run from top to bottom. I usually only attempt it when I'm in the zone and the zen is flowing.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I think if I get the bearing kits you have I might be ready to take it to the next level. Thanks for the video.

A few years ago I had the LBS change out my suspension bearings. That cost me over $800. I’m gonna buy a bearing(s) kit now.

Happy New Bike Day! Almost 😅

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I think if I get the bearing kits you have I might be ready to take it to the next level. Thanks for the video.

A few years ago I had the LBS change out my suspension bearings. That cost me over $800. I’m gonna buy a bearing(s) kit now.

Happy New Bike Day! Almost 😅
damn thats expensive !!!
the bike shop is hours away from me and I would have to wait.. so it would take at least all day plus the cost of the work.. it adds up so being able to do it is great.. I would deffo do it again but having the right tools is essential.
I linked the tools I used in the description of the video if that helps

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
damn thats expensive !!!
the bike shop is hours away from me and I would have to wait.. so it would take at least all day plus the cost of the work.. it adds up so being able to do it is great.. I would deffo do it again but having the right tools is essential.
I linked the tools I used in the description of the video if that helps
I think the cost of that suspension service was the turning point for me. At that price I could probably acquire every tool for every bike and have enough change left over for a coffee. ☕️. Lesson learnt. 😉

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I think the cost of that suspension service was the turning point for me. At that price I could probably acquire every tool for every bike and have enough change left over for a coffee. ☕️. Lesson learnt. 😉
yes, I do my suspension servicing too, the cost of the oil and seals is bad enough and those costs just add to the feel that running an emtb is just continuous wallet rape.

Zed.

Apr 26, 2023
Deepest Bandit country (Wales)
I'm lucky as I have a well stocked workshop, machine shop and welding facilities at home (well, in the garage 🤭)

problem is getting the hwyl to go out there and do something🤨

most cycle work is diy'able, my mrs 'built' her Nukeproof Mega from a frame (Wiggle super discounted)(y)

one tip for removing bearings from blind holes is that sometimes a rawlbolt will be of a suitable size and if you dont have a dedicated blind bearing puller / slide hammer then this can get you up&running quickly (presuming you have a selection of rawlbolts etc.🙃)

Rich.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
That cost me over $800

How did they justify that cost ? That’s silly money

I had all the frame bearings changed to Enduro spec on 2 bikes (mine & hers) earlier this year and paid less than £200 (approx $328 Canadian). That included some other simple work such as changing gear cables and chain rings

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
one tip for removing bearings from blind holes is that sometimes a rawlbolt will be of a suitable size and if you dont have a dedicated blind bearing puller / slide hammer then this can get you up&running quickly (presuming you have a selection of rawlbolts etc.🙃)

Rich.
Works for me. Pack of six anchor bolts, work exactly the same way as a blind puller, cost pennies🥇

DARXGFZm.jpg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
How did they justify that cost ? That’s silly money

I had all the frame bearings changed to Enduro spec on 2 bikes (mine & hers) earlier this year and paid less than £200 (approx $328 Canadian). That included some other simple work such as changing gear cables and chain rings
I agree. That was stupid money. The crappy bearings that were originally installed on my 2020 Rail were making unbearable noises. They convinced me that it was the way I rode…they could see the kms I put on and that wasn’t normal to them. I probably paid for “special” tools required and staff training also. I might of got a cheap carbon bar at the same time …but even still. Never again.

I’ll buy a few tool kits and do it myself so I can afford lots of bear-bells.🥴

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles