Olá from Portugal

Jamie.PT

Jun 1, 2019
Northampton
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick one from sunnier climbs, based in Algarve, Southern Portugal and have recently shipped out my Focus, bought from an EMTB member (thanks Bernie).
I am super happy with the bike so far, I have done around 200miles in the last weeks, mainly cliff trails and nature reserve trails. See pix below....

I am seeing that realistically I should look at an initial service, is this true? I have a Focus bike shop locally but only deal in non electric models, so was wondering and asking for you help on WHAT actually needs doing to the bike after this time/milage....any advice or thoughts.

Looking forward to hearing any feedback, many thanks Jamie

02ef4268-dfb1-498a-9f6c-dad73f004d3b.JPG

75561be6-3f06-48d4-b589-bf14c7cb0f15.JPG

MuddyFunster

Jul 7, 2019
Uk
Yo Jamie,

Can't really offer any advice on the bike, but I have a place in Carvoeiro (near Portimao) which I spend a few weeks every year. Hoping to make it a permanent residence in a couple of years, and definitely taking my Levo with me!

Love it there, and really missing the sun after looking out of the window and seeing it pissing down outside... it's August dammit!

Phil

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
All my LBS did to my Focus Jam2 was the usual that I could have done myself ie check cable tension to ensure smooth shifting. They checked the shock for oily residue build up on the stanchion (normal). Oh, and they shortened the dropper cable. I could have done that but they had the bike and it was free.....

If it's not much trouble to take the bike to them, then it's worth doing to establish that you had it serviced in case there are problems later.

Jamie.PT

Jun 1, 2019
Northampton
Yo Jamie,

Can't really offer any advice on the bike, but I have a place in Carvoeiro (near Portimao) which I spend a few weeks every year. Hoping to make it a permanent residence in a couple of years, and definitely taking my Levo with me!

Love it there, and really missing the sun after looking out of the window and seeing it pissing down outside... it's August dammit!

Phil

Arh! Phil the joys of a UK summer !!
Residence wise look at NHR the Non Habitual Residence program from the Portuguese state could be of real interest? Great tax breaks for those spending more than 183 days a year here, there are worst places !!!!!

Jamie.PT

Jun 1, 2019
Northampton
All my LBS did to my Focus Jam2 was the usual that I could have done myself ie check cable tension to ensure smooth shifting. They checked the shock for oily residue build up on the stanchion (normal). Oh, and they shortened the dropper cable. I could have done that but they had the bike and it was free.....

If it's not much trouble to take the bike to them, then it's worth doing to establish that you had it serviced in case there are problems later.

Thanks Steve appreciate the advice, unfortunately I am not known for my tinkering, so off to the LBS with a list of things to check. Many thanks Jamie

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles