ok bit early but 2021 levo predictions ?

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
I may even be tempted to get another if they ditch the brose motor. Hoping they bring out something new even if just to cheer us up through this awful time .

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
The SL is a nice take on packaging for an EMTB. The tech isn’t sufficiently advanced but by making a different set of compromises the bike suits a certain, significant it seems, subset of riders.

The motor itself is what, 1kg lighter? So next Levo with current full fat config and this motor and slightly better choice of components could be 1.5kg lighter than current FF.

We’ve discussed this before but I’m up for any discussion not related to C-19! ?

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Weight placement is more important than the weight itself. I hope they go the Lapierre way. 350w fixed battery above the cranks, 150w
removable battery in the tube and another 150w extender. And a flip chip for the chainstays and other for the shock.

Last edited:

Futurespeed

Apr 9, 2020
Dallas, TX
When does Specialized typically announce the "next year" model Turbo Levo? Is there a consistent month each year when they make the new model year announcement or does it shift from year-to-year?

Futurespeed

Apr 9, 2020
Dallas, TX
I'm on the fence between picking up a 2020 Levo Comp or waiting for the 2021. It depends on how dramatically the motor/frame specs are going to change.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
August would be my guess at the earliest. Given the noises they made about the SL motor on the launch of the Levo SL it doesn’t seem possible they’d go Brose for the new one but who knows at this point.

Martyn

Jun 20, 2020
High wycombe
August would be my guess at the earliest. Given the noises they made about the SL motor on the launch of the Levo SL it doesn’t seem possible they’d go Brose for the new one but who knows at this point.
I’m seeing 2021 models appearing on many websites now but cannot spot any difference to 2020. Anyone else spot anything? reason for asking is wife has put a deposit on a Levo SL Expert and is a little nervous that there might be improvements in a 2021.

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
2021 is now off the design board and now looking at production "how toos". So more of the same for 2021.

Now 2022 could be interesting, SL1.2 motor with about 550 - 600W which is suddenly magicked from the 1.1 motor ( total output is just software controlled and looking at the internals, its there already, but software limited to 240 W ) and voila the Levo looks just likes it brother the SL with a bit more slackness at the front and a bigger battery but weighing 3 kgs less

But if there was an SL with 500 - 600W and bigger battery, why would you need a Levo, its big brother would be the Kinevo, could we see the Levo totally dropped in 2022.

If this was the new Levo then what would the SL be like? Same but smaller battery?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles