Kenevo Gen1 Official 2018/2019 Kenevo thread

STK

Apr 23, 2019
San Diego
Bike would not engage motor today battery was fine on blevo app but could not find the motor, decided to remove crank and case to check wires inside I noticed the power cable into the motor was loose, pulled the tab down to pull the plug out and was left with a broken plug this it's corroded View attachment 28650 anyone else come across this

View attachment 28651
Yes and it seems pretty common. The bike shop seemed to have the cables in stock and was a 2 day turnaround so not too bad given the times.

FCBD7A8F-C898-4D29-8397-5542DE31F21A.jpeg

26F92F91-F14D-42A6-BD03-0BA40A08D09F.jpeg

4A81FEC4-84CC-4A75-BBC3-84B495DCB1CC.jpeg

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Seeing as this year is likely a right off for uplift days, I can't see my DH bike getting any use at all. Fortunately with the kenevo and 2 batteries I can self uplift at a lot of places!
View attachment 29662
I also have an itch to scratch by trying dual crowns. In steps the solid strike DH bike!
View attachment 29661
So I have everything I need bar a 1.5 to 1 1/8 headset fork adaptor to try this out.
Could get costly if I want it to stay like that though, will need to buy some boxxers and get my expense santacruz reserve wheel rehubbed to 20mm.
Will update once I've ordered the bit I need ?
Do it mate, the 2019 Kenevo with dual crowns is awesome. I ran 200mm forks on my old 2019 with an upgraded rear shock to get 200 and I absolutely loved it. Rode it everywhere no problems at all.
I recently ran the stock 2020 Kenevo 180 boxxers on it which Also worked well.
Get on it!

Ps if your in Aus I have a slightly used 200mm ohlins shock to suit the 2019

04564DB3-1304-402D-B1A2-A4C5A5BD5645.jpeg

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Do it mate, the 2019 Kenevo with dual crowns is awesome. I ran 200mm forks on my old 2019 with an upgraded rear shock to get 200 and I absolutely loved it. Rode it everywhere no problems at all.
I recently ran the stock 2020 Kenevo 180 boxxers on it which Also worked well.
Get on it!

Ps if your in Aus I have a slightly used 200mm ohlins shock to suit the 2019

View attachment 29699
What a great bike - without even mentioning the most significant upgrade of all (in my opinion ):)

Reactions: CjP

largeextracheese

Apr 19, 2020
washington
Hey all. Finally got my 2019 kenevo expert a few days ago. This thing is blowing my mind. I swapped to a 650 cane creek valt spring and replaced the tiny grips. I also took a token out of the lyric as it wasn't getting full travel. Now I am. I have ridden it every day since and am starting to get to know it abit more. A few of the things I like is how genuinely plush the suspension is. It feels like my dh bike. I also like the sizing. S5 fits me really well. I'm a big guy at 260/117 kg and ride very aggressive terrain with long fire road climbs. My main concern is getting the most out of the 504w battery. My normal ride is 1400ft in 3 miles and 2 miles of descent. 5.1 total miles. The best I've been able to get it roughly 60% battery after one lap. Two laps is roughly 20% left. I've been trying to switch the setting around in the app to see how I can eek more lap out. Higher cadence for instance or 70/70 trail. Today I tried 50/50 trail. Anybody have any suggestions? My goal would be 30% each lap at almost 16 miles and about 4500 ft climbing total.

0424201338.jpg

0422201830d_HDR.jpg

0422201840.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hey all. Finally got my 2019 kenevo expert a few days ago. This thing is blowing my mind. I swapped to a 650 cane creek valt spring and replaced the tiny grips. I also took a token out of the lyric as it wasn't getting full travel. Now I am. I have ridden it every day since and am starting to get to know it abit more. A few of the things I like is how genuinely plush the suspension is. It feels like my dh bike. I also like the sizing. S5 fits me really well. I'm a big guy at 260/117 kg and ride very aggressive terrain with long fire road climbs. My main concern is getting the most out of the 504w battery. My normal ride is 1400ft in 3 miles and 2 miles of descent. 5.1 total miles. The best I've been able to get it roughly 60% battery after one lap. Two laps is roughly 20% left. I've been trying to switch the setting around in the app to see how I can eek more lap out. Higher cadence for instance or 70/70 trail. Today I tried 50/50 trail. Anybody have any suggestions? My goal would be 30% each lap at almost 16 miles and about 4500 ft climbing total.

View attachment 29746

View attachment 29747

View attachment 29748
Mine chewed through the battery at the beginning. Eventually I reset with mission control. In the bike settings select preset, which should put everything back to factory settings. Then change your settings again to how you want them, ie 50 50.

Glad you're enjoying it, love mine.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I've never got anything like 4500ft out of mine at about 100kg. More like about 3500 I think was the max along with 20miles.
2nd battery is the best option for multiple runs. Unfortunately the gen1 batteries are pretty dear compared to the current ones.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
He's got a point :)

I think the most I've got out of mine is about 1350m climbed, but the last 100 of that was with a flat battery, I'm more in the 70kg range.

I'd still try the reset. That jumped my range and climbing quite considerably.

The other thing you could try is "Smart Control" - in Mission Control - make sure your phone is charged. Just set it at 20 miles and 4500ft climbing and 10% battery left and it will automatically control the power delivery so you make it.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Anybody have any suggestions? My goal would be 30% each lap at almost 16 miles and about 4500 ft climbing total.

Zim's right but my best suggestion would be to try smart power in BLEvo. Using heart rate I think you could easily reach that, very likely even without using heart rate but that will definitely help. I'd strongly advise not to use Turbo at any time.

The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums

largeextracheese

Apr 19, 2020
washington
I've never got anything like 4500ft out of mine at about 100kg. More like about 3500 I think was the max along with 20miles.
2nd battery is the best option for multiple runs. Unfortunately the gen1 batteries are pretty dear compared to the current ones.
This is good to hear that I'm in the normal range. The batteries do seem hard to find. I'll try both the reset and the smart control and see how it goes.
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

largeextracheese

Apr 19, 2020
washington
Zim's right but my best suggestion would be to try smart power in BLEvo. Using heart rate I think you could easily reach that, very likely even without using heart rate but that will definitely help. I'd strongly advise not to use Turbo at any time.

The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums
I haven't tried Blevo yet but its on my list to try. Hopefully that will get me there. Also, one of the things I don't like is not knowing which mode I'm in. I didn't buy the display so I have to look at my phone which isn't convenient. I'll get the hang of it I'm sure. I just figured I would destroy the display in a day.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I imagined the display was "VITAL" .. 2 weeks with the Kenevo and I was "why do you need a display?" .. you get used to knowing what mode you're in - sort of like a car with what gear you're in (if you stick shift). If you're ever not sure, just mode up or down, if there's no beep then you were already in either eco or turbo (depending if you went up or down).

If you use mission control or blevo, both have screens you can customise to see anything you can possibly imagine. Just use a phone mount. The information's interesting, especially early on when you're trying to work out when the power's being used, what you range is and so on. In time you kind of know all that anyway somehow ... from experience I guess :)
Yeah exactly my experience too. Every metric, fine tune tweak and a whole lot more is in BLEvo. Early on, my device was always on the Quad Lock mount. With experience, I just know and quite often leave it at home. The exception is Smart Power with or without heart rate. The Smart Power logic is driven from the device and so is required, not necessarily mounted, but at least carried on board.

From the manual, an example of a Smart Power configuration without heart rate that may be useful to you:

Static setting
ECO: 15% TRAIL: 30% TURBO: 60%

Smart Power setting
ECO: 1%-15% TRAIL: 16%-30% TURBO: 31%-60%

Comment
With this configuration you will receive a smart version of a "standard" 15/30/60 static setting. Due to the smart function the support will be automatically decreased when your legs do not require the maximum support of each setting. This setting will make you consume less battery than a classic static setting of 15/30/60.

Spicey

Nov 28, 2019
North Yorkshire
Mine chewed through the battery at the beginning. Eventually I reset with mission control. In the bike settings select preset, which should put everything back to factory settings. Then change your settings again to how you want them, ie 50 50.

Glad you're enjoying it, love mine.
hi mate, what size spring fid you get for the kenevo, i have the same bike and the yellow coil is flaking away paint

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Hi Spicey, I run a cane creek spring, mainly cause they’re black. They also have a large range of spring rates. I’m 80kg kitted up and I went for a 550 as I feel that worked best for my aggressive riding style. I run that rate on both my bikes and have had no flaking issues.

largeextracheese

Apr 19, 2020
washington
Well it lasted a few weeks without me breaking it until I caught the cover today going quickly over a log. Oops. I did learn that smart control will get me much further on the battery so that's been a blessing. Anybody running a custom bash guard down there?

0430201443.jpg

Last edited:

largeextracheese

Apr 19, 2020
washington
Well it lasted a few weeks without me breaking it until I caught the cover today going quickly over a log. Oops. I did learn that smart control will get me much further on the battery so that's been a blessing. Anybody running a custom bash guard down there?

View attachment 30089
hi mate, what size spring fid you get for the kenevo, i have the same bike and the yellow coil is flaking away paint
I ended up with the 650 lb cane creek vault spring. It's working great.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
img-20190408-wa0002_1__1.jpg

View attachment 30089
I originally fitted a Rockguardz but without the Velcro strap. Without the strap, it lasted not even my first ever ride i.e ejected at high speed some time in the first hour of riding my brand new bike. £65 ???

Damon805

Apr 15, 2020
West Sacramento, California
Hey everyone,
I just received my 2019 Expert today and I’m absolutely thrilled to finally get it. I assembled it and took it for a short pedal around the property this evening. More of that this weekend. I can’t wait to get it up and down the mountains to see it shine in the conditions that it was intended for. Question though... this was included with the owner’s manual. Any idea what it’s for? Seems like it could be a shim or an adjustment spacer of some kind. Thanks everyone! -Damon
5D988625-8DCD-4937-8CF6-9E61DE9B3533.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I sometimes wonder what bike I'd like next. (Not that there's much point as I can't ride this one properly :ROFLMAO:). Despite all the different specs,performances, motors, batteries .. it normally keeps coming down to looks ...

Then every now and again I actually stop for a second to look at my Kenevo ... and I love it .. It just looks right - purposeful !

Kenevo0.jpg

Spicey

Nov 28, 2019
North Yorkshire
I sometimes wonder what bike I'd like next. (Not that there's much point as I can't ride this one properly :ROFLMAO:). Despite all the different specs,performances, motors, batteries .. it normally keeps coming down to looks ...

Then every now and again I actually stop for a second to look at my Kenevo ... and I love it .. It just looks right - purposeful !

View attachment 30732
puts a smile on my face every time I ride mine, love it.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland

View attachment 30732
This looong one? NICOLAI G1 EBOXX E14 – 2020 Bosch Performance CX motor and other exciting updates | E-MOUNTAINBIKE Magazine

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere

View attachment 30732
I know exactly what you mean. There’s just something about the xwing that is so appealing. It works so well and just seems to love everything. It’s a shame they didn’t make a more modern version of it with sealed tube and upgraded motor/battery. I would of had one!
Funny story, I considered for a small time to chop up both mine and make one!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles