Kenevo Gen1 Official 2018/2019 Kenevo thread

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Couldn’t you just get a base Carbon Levo, sell the parts you don’t need and build it up to what you want?
That is the less expensive & more likely scenario also I'd be less tempted to get a Nicolai.

No you didn’t, please explain.
No I didn't explain...I mentioned lol that's because there are many unknowns.

But since I'm not in possession of any actual facts whatsoever, I could, against my better judgement, speculate that there are already working prototypes inside hidden proving grounds on the Rhine.

I'd further speculate that there'd be other IGH's with e-shift being worked on. I'll channel some Nostradamus - Shimano (duh), Enviolo, Kindernay & others we haven't heard of.

And so to engineer something not only unbreakable but also super fast all points to a significant requirement of r&d, funding, time etc for unknown returns...unless you're Rohloff.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
That is the less expensive & more likely scenario also I'd be less tempted to get a Nicolai.

No I didn't explain...I mentioned lol that's because there are many unknowns.

But since I'm not in possession of any actual facts whatsoever, I could, against my better judgement, speculate that there are already working prototypes inside hidden proving grounds on the Rhine.

I'd further speculate that there'd be other IGH's with e-shift being worked on. I'll channel some Nostradamus - Shimano (duh), Enviolo, Kindernay & others we haven't heard of.

And so to engineer something not only unbreakable but also super fast all points to a significant requirement of r&d, funding, time etc for unknown returns...unless you're Rohloff.
So basically your just e14hub teasing me!
?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
It looks like your giant front disk cut through that log .... :)

Any plans to upgrade the rear guards to the Christian Spec Double Mucky Nuts ?

So any initial ride report/comparisons yet ??? It doesn't have to be "Zim-Esk" and involve physcial injury...

Edit ... I just read more of the thread ... :)
Lol it is a big disc isn’t it. I think it’s more appropriate given the weight.
As per the photo I have mocked up the double guard. Works fine atm with no crud behind the motor area.

More vertically orientated ?
For the brave yes, my spine and discs wouldn’t take that kind of punishment anymore.

I just took the bike out again for a second ride to the local bike park that just opened up. Cool little urban trails with same half decent features. Definitely over biked but still loved it!

71608C6A-1D2B-469B-8D14-7553DF4C869E.jpeg

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Confirmation today why Kenevo.

Unmarked Enduro doubletrack / DH singletrack loop discovery 5 km from home.

It's all downhill so much tight single until the red zone climb right at the end...19 km of awesomeness & less than 1 km of torture.

A Levo would have been almost as good but the X just rolled & flew over everything...no snakes either - a very good day.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
What a beast. Are you riding DH, trails the lot? I'm sure you are.

I have Fox 40's on another bike. The best I've tried and the only thing stopping me on the Kenevo was the Kashima coat which gets destroyed around here in no time. It looks like you don't have Kashima. Did you replace the stanchions or is that an option now?

Dfriz

Mar 16, 2018
USA
What a beast. Are you riding DH, trails the lot? I'm sure you are.

I have Fox 40's on another bike. The best I've tried and the only thing stopping me on the Kenevo was the Kashima coat which gets destroyed around here in no time. It looks like you don't have Kashima. Did you replace the stanchions or is that an option now?

These are the 2018 Performance Elite Series they are same forks that come on the New Husqvarna DH bike. they were bought on EBAY Brand New!!!!!!!!!!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles