Kenevo Gen1 Official 2018/2019 Kenevo thread

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
Do we expect prices of the 2019 Kenevo to fall further in the coming weeks or have they bottomed out at around €4600 (current best price in Germany)?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Do we expect prices of the 2019 Kenevo to fall further in the coming weeks or have they bottomed out at around €4600 (current best price in Germany)?

Difficult to say .. Now the new ones out, the "Kenevo Classic" can be seen for the bulldozing beast it is .. made from girders and virtually indestructible (don't speak too soon, just going for a ride). The new ones ok, and specialized are right to be proud that it only took 4 re-cycled coke cans to make the new frame, but some are going to prefer the last one, especially when you look at the spec/price imo.

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
some are going to prefer the last one, especially when you look at the spec/price imo.

Yep. This is what I’m thinking. Although I’m eagerly awaiting Rob’s 2020 review, I can’t help but be tempted by the 2019. Don’t want to jump the gun though only for prices to tumble further once shops have a warehouse full of 2020s...

Joeyrotundo

Apr 13, 2019
Canada , Vancouver Island
I am Still very happy with my 2018 Kenevo expert. So burly and capable.
I am sucker for that Enduro x in the frame.
I picked up a few spare batteries from a resort rental place that had only 5 cycles on them, pretty stoked on that.

Hey Christian did you post your mods anywhere?
What fork is that?

Trying the mudhugger 27.5 fender it's decent but will go with the 29er (longer and looks ridiculous) version to keep the high speed water off of me. Will use old tubes or rubber flap to cover that motor opening.

Ride
Smile
Repeat

Joe

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Yep. This is what I’m thinking. Although I’m eagerly awaiting Rob’s 2020 review, I can’t help but be tempted by the 2019. Don’t want to jump the gun though only for prices to tumble further once shops have a warehouse full of 2020s...

Doubt there are many '19s left in the shops now

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
So it's back together .... is this the final incarnation of the "C H R E N E V O" ?
Ok so I couldn’t resist. It’s black, slack and the right size.
I’ve gone an S4 on the new one, I’m 5’10 and it feels perfect.
Haven’t ridden it yet as I’ve been busy building it up. I will let you all know what I think of it compared to the Xwing.
I’m keeping the old one as I love it too much to get rid of it. Can’t have too many ebikes I reckon!

0615C469-A65B-4FD9-B568-7E4FD56CBD4B.jpeg

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Hey mate, mods to the xwing were
Ohlins dual crown fork 200mm
Ohlins 200mm rear shock
Rohloff hub
Axs seat dropper
Hope brakes 225mm /200mm
Awesome not sure which one I prefer...just kidding but the new one is almost as much wow - for now

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
You do realise I transferred all the mods over, except for the Rohloff.
So it’s now also 200mm front and back.
I’ve kept the Rohloff on the xwing and she’s back to 180 and single crown.
To date it’s the best threesome I’ve had!

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I do & if I had to chose I'd still take the oXo...you've made the verifiably correct decision & taken both (y)

Also interested to know what you think of Shuttle Mode & what % level you might use - if at all

Last edited:

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Yeah the Xwing is pretty nice! I’m great full to have the opportunity to own both of them.

I read a little bit about shuttle mode the other day. Not sure if I’d use it unless I was hurt or absolutely knackered.
I still like to work out on the bike so it’d be a last resort.
I spend most of my time in Eco/Trail, I only hit turbo if I have little time to ride or really steep hills.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Haven’t ridden it yet as I’ve been busy building it up. I will let you all know what I think of it compared to the Xwing.
I’m keeping the old one as I love it too much to get rid of it. Can’t have too many ebikes I reckon!

View attachment 19877

You crazy fool !!! :) So was this a 2 for one offer and your brother got one ? Or it just got the hormones going a lot more in real life compared to the photo ? Or you've been reading the average e-biker weight thread and seen your future and now know you'll need 700wh ?

Reactions: CjP

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
You crazy fool !!! :) So was this a 2 for one offer and your brother got one ? Or it just got the hormones going a lot more in real life compared to the photo ? Or you've been reading the average e-biker weight thread and seen your future and now know you'll need 700wh ?
Lol I don’t think I can put on weight. I’ve weighed the same weight for the last 20 years give or take 5 kgs.
I got 7.5% off retail and yes my brother is getting one too. He’s just waiting on an S3 to compare sizing.

Dfriz

Mar 16, 2018
USA

View attachment 19877
Looks Good the way it should of been made 200x200(y)

Dfriz

Mar 16, 2018
USA
Hey

Hey Christian surprised you didn't use the 180 Boxxer off the new Kenevo on the XWING

Digcon

Nov 2, 2018
Rotherham
Just having problems setting up the front fork on the 2020 Kenevo my weight is 159 pound and I’ve put 150 psi in the front but it still keeps bottoming out
On the back of the fork it says for the weight to put 110 psi
Any idea what wrong

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Just having problems setting up the front fork on the 2020 Kenevo my weight is 159 pound and I’ve put 150 psi in the front but it still keeps bottoming out
On the back of the fork it says for the weight to put 110 psi
Any idea what wrong
Add more tokens I think.
Also I usually add the weight of the motor and battery.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Yeah the Xwing is pretty nice! I’m great full to have the opportunity to own both of them.

I read a little bit about shuttle mode the other day. Not sure if I’d use it unless I was hurt or absolutely knackered.
I still like to work out on the bike so it’d be a last resort.
I spend most of my time in Eco/Trail, I only hit turbo if I have little time to ride or really steep hills.
Yes I'm mostly in Eco 25/25 but Shuttle is interesting in that you can vary the bias ie. so even at max Shuttle there's still considerable torque control combined with cadence.

Obviously your bikes are a tiny bit modified but is interesting to compare geometries & weight. I'm leaning towards a lighter bike for technical trails...new Kenevo with 500 Wh battery would be much lighter but logic says Levo.
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 11.27.39 am.jpg

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Yes I'm mostly in Eco 25/25 but Shuttle is interesting in that you can vary the bias ie. so even at max Shuttle there's still considerable torque control combined with cadence.

Obviously your bikes are a tiny bit modified but is interesting to compare geometries & weight. I'm leaning towards a lighter bike for technical trails...new Kenevo with 500 Wh battery would be much lighter but logic says Levo. View attachment 19981
If you want a lightweight trail bike then definitely go the Levo.
I just took out the new Kenevo and it is definitely more gravity focused!
An S3 would have been better for agility but I wanted a stable DH monster and I’ve got that with the S4! It felt so nice on the gravity trails and more stable on the jumps.
I have lost a little bit of agility in the tighter trails but it still climbs not a problem. Obviously the length of the bike plays a big part in that.
You really need to decided what kind of rider you are and want to be.
Trail/XC Levo hands down
Gravity/DH/Trails Kenevo all the way.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Ha that's the point - I can't decide. I want to be both...I'm also thinking about an urban Levo for Sydney...or a Nicolai. That's it I'm selling my car.
Haha I did exactly that. Sold my fast car and spent it on a fast bike.
You could always compromise and put a Kenevo 180 fork on a Levo and upgrade the rear shock for a tad more travel? I might have a brand new 1 ride only Kenevo fork for for sale.
Brother just tried it on his Merida and loved it!

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
As for the Nicolai, well it was at the top of my list until the new Kenevo came out and now that I know eGENESIS may solve the eRohloff solution soon I’ve made my choice.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Haha I did exactly that. Sold my fast car and spent it on a fast bike.
You could always compromise and put a Kenevo 180 fork on a Levo and upgrade the rear shock for a tad more travel? I might have a brand new 1 ride only Kenevo fork for for sale.
Brother just tried it on his Merida and loved it!
I probably would do exactly that if I could get an S-W Levo frame but sounds painful getting one & back to Germany or the UK for any warranty in other words no warranty on a megabuck bike apparently. Then while in Germany I'd have to visit Nicolai.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
As for the Nicolai, well it was at the top of my list until the new Kenevo came out and now that I know eGENESIS may solve the eRohloff solution soon I’ve made my choice.
No doubt it could. Reverse engineering CAN bus is not done quickly though some is already known. I think I already mentioned, it’s logical there’ll be an OEM solution next week, next month or soonish.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Couldn’t you just get a base Carbon Levo, sell the parts you don’t need and build it up to what you want?

I think I already mentioned, it’s logical there’ll be an OEM solution next week, next month or soonish.
No you didn’t, please explain.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles