Fuel EXe Official Trek Fuel EXe Megathread!

Integralnz

Apr 21, 2024
Queenstown N.Z.
Thanks for all the input. I had a good ride today on my normal single track decents and tuned in on how the bike felt. It is very balanced while descending. The front end is excellent in stock form but the rear feels a little soggy. Im gonna up the pressure in the shock a little and remove some rebound dampening. I am making some small adjustments to the sizing by fitting a 35mm reach stem and trimming the bars by 20mm. I bought the one up dropper today and will fit it to give me 180mm of drop rather than the 150mm stock. That will keep the seat out of the way on the rowdy descents. I would fit a 210mm but my legs are too short for it to work. I have an XT shifter on my other bike that I will swap out for the current SLX which doesnt downshift multiple gears and feels a little vague compared to the XT. I will then ride the bike on my 'go to' trails to work out what next. I did find the stock tires to have reasonable grip and support so am happy to keep running them until they wear. What do you guys think about the mullet conversion, the 160mm fork mod and increasing the shock stroke to 65mm. Do you suggest that the 3 mods are done together or is there a suggested order in which these mods are completed?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles