Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
Back to this X2 knocking/bumping

X2 was rebuilt by Silverfish under warranty. No longer has a problem atleast on the drive. It is massively better. Breaks away smoothly now

Apparently the inner air sleeve into the shaft eyelet was a little loose

Yet to ride it over tech though.

Convinced this is the issue most people are having with rattles and knocks

20220121_164038.jpg

Last edited:

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Back to this X2 knocking/bumping

X2 was rebuilt by Silverfish under warranty. No longer has a problem atleast on the drive. It is massively better. Breaks away smoothly now

Apparently the inner air sleeve into the shaft eyelet was a little loose

Yet to ride it over tech though.

Convinced this is the issue most people are having with rattles and knocks

View attachment 80388
Glad you got it sorted. Mine doesn’t do it, I checked the other day. Are you going to send the Factory X2 you bought back for a warranty claim as well? You said it was knocking too.
My Expert rattles but doesn’t knock. I’m convinced it’s the cable guides in the frame. It used to get on my nerves but I have a pretty high tolerance for squeaks, creaks and rattles. Once I know what something is and it’s not going to break I can ignore it. Decades of dragging bikes through British winters makes you pretty hardened to stuff complaining!🙉:LOL:

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
Glad you got it sorted. Mine doesn’t do it, I checked the other day. Are you going to send the Factory X2 you bought back for a warranty claim as well? You said it was knocking too.
My Expert rattles but doesn’t knock. I’m convinced it’s the cable guides in the frame. It used to get on my nerves but I have a pretty high tolerance for squeaks, creaks and rattles. Once I know what something is and it’s not going to break I can ignore it. Decades of dragging bikes through British winters makes you pretty hardened to stuff complaining!🙉:LOL:

The X2 factory got warrantied

Going to send the new one on my Transition Patrol off next as that's the same. Dreadful knocks through the frame. Makes for a really chattery ride.

Then the elite/performance X2 after.

This is what it sounds like if any one is interested. Ignoring the squelch there's a harsh thud

All my X2s are like this

Last edited:

Biketom

Nov 7, 2021
Bavaria
Hi,

I got the S-Works frameset, that comes stock with the 160 mm carbon fiber cranks. The cranks are brand new, have not been mounted on the frame so far.
Is there any chance to trade these in for 165 or 170... I have extra long legs sand would like to go longer :)
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Hi,

I got the S-Works frameset, that comes stock with the 160 mm carbon fiber cranks. The cranks are brand new, have not been mounted on the frame so far.
Is there any chance to trade these in for 165 or 170... I have extra long legs sand would like to go longer :)
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom
Bad idea. Stick to the shorter crankset. Pedal strikes etc. Also, ebikes like high cadences and a good “spin” will help you be more efficient. Shorter cranks are the ticket

Biketom

Nov 7, 2021
Bavaria
Bad idea. Stick to the shorter crankset. Pedal strikes etc. Also, ebikes like high cadences and a good “spin” will help you be more efficient. Shorter cranks are the ticket

I got the idea.. but is it really smart to have 160mm regardless having 80cm legs or 93cm legs?
I honestly doubt it.

Thanks,
Tom

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
How long did you get from the stock GX casette on the experts?

I've had 870 levocipricator miles from mine and it's started being crap

Got an XO1 on the way

s1desh0wb0b

Apr 25, 2020
Cambridge
How long did you get from the stock GX casette on the experts?

I've had 870 levocipricator miles from mine and it's started being crap

Got an XO1 on the way

Sadly I only managed 370miles before the jumping on the small cogs was unbearable.

I’m now installed a new X01 cassette and chain. Then to hopefully avoid this happening again, I’ve shortened the chain and adjusted the b tension and have a 34 tooth chainring to install.

Biketom

Nov 7, 2021
Bavaria
Sadly I only managed 370miles before the jumping on the small cogs was unbearable.

I’m now installed a new X01 cassette and chain. Then to hopefully avoid this happening again, I’ve shortened the chain and adjusted the b tension and have a 34 tooth chainring to install.

(German) Bike Magazin was checking wear levels on SRAM and Shimano, on laboratory conditions issue 9/2021 page 43ff... my personal quick summary: XT turned out to be best. XTR and XX1 on pair second place... totally out of range SRAM NX and GX.

Link: Kettenreaktion: Sram & Shimano auf dem Folterprüfstand - Test 2021: Antriebsverschleiß 1x12 Schaltgruppen

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
(German) Bike Magazin was checking wear levels on SRAM and Shimano, on laboratory conditions issue 9/2021 page 43ff... my personal quick summary: XT turned out to be best. XTR and XX1 on pair second place... totally out of range SRAM NX and GX.

Link: Kettenreaktion: Sram & Shimano auf dem Folterprüfstand - Test 2021: Antriebsverschleiß 1x12 Schaltgruppen
So is the price also. I use Sram NX Eagle cassette and GX chain; cheap and reliable. 1000-2000km with one chain, depending the amount of mud and sand. ;)

Biketom

Nov 7, 2021
Bavaria
How do you mean by out of range? Bad?

I don't want to put the graph here, its their journalistic work,, but you can download for 2 EUR, I am also willing to translate where necessary.
The graph is showing hours on x and wear in 0,01mm (so per chain element) on y-axis. According to Rohloff Caliper and what I know, you change at 0,075 mm.
Considering XT, GX was more than 10 times worse, NX 15 times after 100 hours.

So yes, bad...

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles