Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
Wouldn’t it cause the bars to move around on hard core shredding?
i just remember the manual stating it should be equally spaced and torqued
same goes for their direct mount stem

i used to have it with zero gap on top like the enve stems and bike shop mechanic pointed out deity should have even gap all around

Reactions: CjP

giumik

Mar 22, 2021
Italy
On this video the space is equal above and below. In the manual they should give indications for each type of component or not put anything in order not to create confusion.

copperhead.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
To the lucky new GEN 3 owner and testing rider.
Can one of you post a Mission Control Print screen of your 2.2 Motor Serial number.
I'm waiting for a new motor replacement (#4) and SRC told me it will be a 2.2 ;-)
THX
LOL ... I posted something similar earlier in another thread - so keep an eye out there too :)

SwissChess

Aug 6, 2020
Switzerland
LOL ... I posted something similar earlier in another thread - so keep an eye out there too :)

THX
Just checked it..... 2.2 --> --2000930-- this is interesting or marketing ;-)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
OK .. so this looks like the later 2.1's which were produced and fitted to bikes also had the newer, wider belt and all the other upgrades. Other than actually rolling out with 7.4.2 as standard the 2.2 is more a line in the sand to confirm that it's had all the latest upgrades.

neiloxford

Jul 8, 2020
UK
OK .. so this looks like the later 2.1's which were produced and fitted to bikes also had the newer, wider belt and all the other upgrades. Other than actually rolling out with 7.4.2 as standard the 2.2 is more a line in the sand to confirm that it's had all the latest upgrades.

It would be nice of specialized to publish all of the serial numbers of the 2.1 motors that are 2.2 specification. It would give relief to a lot of people who purchased a bike last year or recently received a replacement motor.

Jcolborn48

Apr 13, 2020
California
Fenix 6 (middle sized one, Pro I think?)

Hmm - its OK. Coming from Apple, the UI and app integration is clunky. But battery life is excellent (3-6 days usually depending on GPS use) and the Strava / GPS feature is great. 3 clicks on the right hand side top button and Strava is started.

Nice and chunky, well built. Screen looks pretty budget and basic compared to the bright display of Apple Watch though.

Loads of customisable data fields that are useful to have on the face.

A couple of things I don't like.

1 - Strava is ALWAYS set as regular bike ride. There are crazy options for kayaking, bouldering, backcountry ski, surfing, but no Ebike Ride category. Every time I mention it to Garmin they're like ' Oh wow, great idea. How about you submit it as a requested future feature'... Like ebiking is this new thing they've never heard of.

It means I often forget to go back into Strava and change it into ebike ride.

2 - Notifications from iPhone are either all sent through or none at all. Cant customise which ones are sent. So when a new episode of Line of Duty is released, or BBC decide that there's some more breaking news, or Amazon recommend me a set of AAA batteries, my Garmin picks it up.

Overall, 8/10, for activity tracking, daily wearing and features, its pretty decent. Not cheap though.
@Rob Rides EMTB I have the same watch and I can't believe they have an archery setting but no ebike? I've emailed Garmin asking for it as well as a few of my friends. I was in the same boat with Strava, if I didn't go in and change the ride to an ebike ride it would mess up all the KOM's. What I ended up doing was creating a custom activity in my watch by taking the generic "exercise" activity and adding all the ebike info I wanted. That way when it uploads to Strava it doesn't default to MTB ride and mess up the leader boards if I don't immediately change it to Ebike.

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
So a already had the motor replaced on my 2022 Sworks. I don't see it has a negative but a huge positive of the support from my local shop (Mike's Bikes) and Specialized. Something was happening that the bike would power off while riding and the motor was super loud. I would say three times the normal sound. My buddy has the same bike and when riding together my motor was much, much louder than his. Sounded like a gas powered weed-wacker. Also the torque in turbo was the same or even less than trail.

So I talked with the shop, they spoke with Specialized, and the next day, Specialized had delivered a motor to the shop and the shop installed the motor that day. My bike was down for 2 hours. I think the bike came with something not correct in the motor or mounts or something because it was making the loud sound from the first ride.

The new motor (2nd) is just like what others have said, power is smooth, and quite. In trail mode I could not even tell the motor was on. Very smooth, not the big hit in torque like the 2019's and 2020s. I have noticed that when you reach the cut off point (20 mph) in the USA, that is is smoother than previous years but currently harder to petal past the cut off. That 21 mph to 25 mph range on flat areas, I thought it might be the stock tires, but I have replaced them already so it will be interesting to see if the petal over 20mph changes as the motor gets some time on it.

eagerly

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone
Fenix 6 (middle sized one, Pro I think?)

Hmm - its OK. Coming from Apple, the UI and app integration is clunky. But battery life is excellent (3-6 days usually depending on GPS use) and the Strava / GPS feature is great. 3 clicks on the right hand side top button and Strava is started.

Nice and chunky, well built. Screen looks pretty budget and basic compared to the bright display of Apple Watch though.

Loads of customisable data fields that are useful to have on the face.

A couple of things I don't like.

1 - Strava is ALWAYS set as regular bike ride. There are crazy options for kayaking, bouldering, backcountry ski, surfing, but no Ebike Ride category. Every time I mention it to Garmin they're like ' Oh wow, great idea. How about you submit it as a requested future feature'... Like ebiking is this new thing they've never heard of.

It means I often forget to go back into Strava and change it into ebike ride.

2 - Notifications from iPhone are either all sent through or none at all. Cant customise which ones are sent. So when a new episode of Line of Duty is released, or BBC decide that there's some more breaking news, or Amazon recommend me a set of AAA batteries, my Garmin picks it up.

Overall, 8/10, for activity tracking, daily wearing and features, its pretty decent. Not cheap though.

Completely agree, not to mention that also the incoming call is a notification, and treated the same way, so if you miss that one single buzz you have lost the call, and maybe an important one. That was the main reason I made a return. Garmin is so slow to update its products which is really disappointing

PaulGribben

Aug 29, 2020
U.K.
Hi everyone, I’m looking for a bit of sizing advice for gen 3 levo. I’m 185cm and coming from an XL levo SL with a reach of 481mm which was perfect for me expect the dropper was a touch too big. The gen 3 levo in S4 has a reach of 477mm with a smaller dropper ..... it sounds perfect but I’m 185cm/6’1 ! Has anyone else with the same height purchased a S4 ? Thanks in advance

1983RH

Apr 5, 2021
Santa Rosa
Do you think this recommendation present in the manual , is also valid for the Deity Copperhead mounted on the PRO version?
There is nothing written on the Deity website.

I contacted Deity and got this reply, very nice to deal with by the way.

"Our Copperhead stem uses the hardware specs below;

* COPPERHEAD STEM (ALL)

* Face Plate
Hardware - M6 x 1.0P x 18mm
Torque – Per Hbar Specs (4nm - 6nm)

* Steerer Clamp
Hardware - M6 x 1.0P x 18mm
Torque - Per Fork Specs (4nm - 6nm)

We recommend tightening all stem bolts in either an alternating or X-pattern to evenly disperse the compression stress, and having even gaps on the faceplate as well."

EMTB!

May 22, 2020
Eagle, Idaho
Hi everyone, I’m looking for a bit of sizing advice for gen 3 levo. I’m 185cm and coming from an XL levo SL with a reach of 481mm which was perfect for me expect the dropper was a touch too big. The gen 3 levo in S4 has a reach of 477mm with a smaller dropper ..... it sounds perfect but I’m 185cm/6’1 ! Has anyone else with the same height purchased a S4 ? Thanks in advance
Hey Paul, I'm also 6'-1" and thought my size should be S4, but purchased an S5 only because that's all that was available. I figured I'd ride it and check it out and get an S4 when available. Much to my surprise the S5 seems to be spot on and now this will be my keeper. The short stays and 27.5 wheel seems to do the trick. About 100 miles as of this message. Good luck.

Edit: I am running a Renthal 32mm stem to bring things back a bit. That was a big one for me, but it's just perfect now.

Last edited:

1983RH

Apr 5, 2021
Santa Rosa
Hey Paul, I'm also 6'-1" and thought my size should be S4, but purchased an S5 only because that's all that was available. I figured I'd ride it and check it out and get an S4 when available. Much to my surprise the S5 seems to be spot on and now this will be my keeper. The short stays and 27.5 wheel seems to do the trick. About 100 miles as of this message. Good luck.
Ditto what "EMTB!" said, I'm 6'1" as well and the S5 fits really well for me at 100+ miles so far.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
Visited a shop to measure the RAD of the S3 and S4 so i can decide which size to go with
All were in factory set up
I'm 174cm
My RAD = 819 to 840
S3 RAD = 800mm
S4 RAD = 838mm

On paper the S3 would be a perfect fit. Although, i felt over the bars while in attack position on the S3. My chin was past the bar
S4 felt perfect. In attack position my weight was over the bottom bracket. No weight pushing down while hands holding on bars
Looks like i'll be going for an S4. Probably will change the stem to 35mm and slacken to make it a little less RAD plus
IMG_4534.jpeg
IMG_4536.jpeg

Last edited:

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
Wow, what a great bike,

I really hope to have one in some months, selling my Levo SL My20.

During this time i hope to made a special gift to you specy fan, with the workbook 2022

Have a great day :)

Rups

Attachments

• Workbook_Turbo_Levo_Gen_3_2022.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 824

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
Visited a shop to measure the RAD of the S3 and S4 so i can decide which size to go with
I'm 174cm
My RAD = 819 to 840
S3 RAD = 800mm
S4 RAD = 838mm

On paper the S3 would be a perfect fit. Although, i felt over the bars while in attack position on the S3. My chin was past the bar
S4 felt perfect. In attack position my weight was over the bottom bracket. No weight pushing down while hands holding on bars
Looks like i'll be going for an S4. Probably will change the stem to 35mm and slacken to make it a little less RAD plus
View attachment 59115 View attachment 59116
Rydeezie - where is this bike shop? 3 pro and 2 S works. Looks like one of the Sworks has been sold. My lbs got 3 s works and got sold immediately. They only have 1 pro though. Thanks.

giumik

Mar 22, 2021
Italy
I'm 174cm
My RAD = 819 to 840
S3 RAD = 800mm
S4 RAD = 838mm

View attachment 59115 View attachment 59116

? I am 175 cm tall and I felt very comfortable with an S3 both uphill and downhill. Obviously it depends on the type of trail you prefer. Have you read this article? there are interesting impressions.

taglie.jpg

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
? I am 175 cm tall and I felt very comfortable with an S3 both uphill and downhill. Obviously it depends on the type of trail you prefer. Have you read this article? there are interesting impressions.

View attachment 59189
i should of added "for the majority of trails i ride"

i wonder how much S sizing experience do those riders have? S bikes do feel too big if a rider is used to regular sizing

i do fit on an S3. I was leaning towards getting an S3 Levo to have and agile and poppy bike in my line up. It's roomier than my L Levo SL
After getting a feel for both sizes the S4 suits my needs better...for now lol. who knows if i change my mind again. I try not to size up but i always end up doing it

I owned an Sworks Enduro S3 for about 2 years which was an awesome bike then wanted an S4 if i could get one. Then i gave up on analog bikes altogether lol

My first Kenevo was an S3 and switched to an S4

I just figure if I get an S3 Levo, I'll want to switch to an S4 later. The Levo S4 has a nice reach. I think i got used to longer and slacker bikes so every medium bike feels too compact now

The trails i ride are mostly fast flow, fast chunder, roots, technical, steep. All about descending. I'll go to trails that have shuttles even for an ebike. Between my Levo SL and Kenevo i ride the Kenevo a lot more because of the type of downhill trails i go

Maybe it's a Kenevo Prime that i need :D

Last edited:

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
i should of added "for the majority of trails i ride"

i wonder how much S sizing experience do those riders have? S bikes do feel too big if a rider is used to regular sizing

i do fit on an S3. I was leaning towards getting an S3 Levo to have and agile and poppy bike in my line up. It's roomier than my L Levo SL
After getting a feel for both sizes the S4 suits my needs better...for now lol. who knows if i change my mind again. I try not to size up but i always end up doing it

I owned an Sworks Enduro S3 for about 2 years which was an awesome bike then wanted an S4 if i could get one. Then i gave up on analog bikes altogether lol

My first Kenevo was an S3 and switched to an S4

I just figure if I get an S3 Levo, I'll want to switch to an S4 later. The Levo S4 has a nice reach. I think i got used to longer and slacker bikes so every medium bike feels too compact now

The trails i ride are mostly fast flow, fast chunder, roots, technical, steep. All about descending. I'll go to trails that have shuttles even for an ebike. Between my Levo SL and Kenevo i ride the Kenevo a lot more because of the type of downhill trails i go

Maybe it's a Kenevo Prime that i need :D
I am 172 cm and both rode S2 and S3. S2 is more comfortable for me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles