Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
Are you sure? S-Works have always been shimmed down to 30.9 and you can easily tell from the website pics. Also, the Pro comes with a Fox Transfer that isn't available in 34.9.
Not really, when i can have my bike in my hand i can check.
But i'm really confident that 30.9 is reached without any shim.

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I read the whole of the second post in this thread and it states frames are shimmed down when a 30.9 post is used.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
How do you de restrict the gen 3 Levo?
Something like a levociraptor (electronic) or a planet3 (mechanical).

If you've used Blevo in the past then the levociraptor route at least gives you some functionality back which is lost as the Mastermind is locked out from Blevo.

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I’ve never used Blevo and wouldn’t want to. I don’t use stuff l that. I like to keep it as simple as possible. So just looking for plug and play.

minuses Garmin to record my rides and only really need mode and battery % on the bike display.Velociraptor messes with speedand mileage on the TCU I think?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'm going to be boring again ... there's a whole forum section on de-restricting .... :)

The first sticky post in there clearly states that discussing it elsewhere isn't allowed, I'm sure we're allowed some leeway, but if we start de-railing threads and adding yet more duplicated info into an already large thread, no one ever bothers reading it as it's too long.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
All the Shim and seat tube information was put in Post no 2 several months ago when the mods did one of the first thread cleans so the thread wouldn't be cluttered up with the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over ..

and over and over ... :unsure: :)

This is for the SWorks, not sure about the others but I would presume all the carbon models will be the same.
It is shimmed to 30.9 from 34.9 with a 100mm long shim, although it is not really obvious as the seat post clamp hides some of the top of the shim.
See the photos below.

90B7C6B7-51DA-48D8-BCDB-185786DAE424.jpeg

1D234B17-7229-4D26-B954-AF7A36943007.jpeg

33711ADC-254A-4CE9-B15D-7FBC74DF516B.jpeg

28AFA0FE-828F-40D4-8F00-5339ECDCB522.jpeg

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy

cuaion

Sep 16, 2019
Denmark
Nothing there. It happened in the middle of my last ride. Power felt off and it flashed the error code. I shut off the bike and made sure the battery was plugged in all the way. Message was gone when I re-started. I was just curious what E144 meant.

battery cabel not sitting propper

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Hello everyone, in the Italian forum a user with turbo levo expert 2022 complains of an annoying rattle in the frame, which is heard when going downhill and on obstacles or steps and cannot understand why, an engine has been replaced because for him, it was from what came the strange noise, but it has not solved, I also have an expert 2022 and I have not found any noise, so I ask in this forum if anyone has complained about the same problem and if he has solved it, as he did. Thanks and good rides to everyone.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
so I ask in this forum if anyone has complained about the same problem
There are a few threads on "The Rattle" ..

And earlier on in this thread :

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Having read all those posts, it’s not apparent as to what exactly the problem is or if it has even been fixed.

is it just the minority that are getting a rattle and are simply unlucky or is it a common problem for all gen 3 Levo owners?

it also makes me ask the question if the dealers even know there is an extra spacer for the battery plastic thing on S4’s and upwards?

I have deposit on one and will be collecting it either Monday or Tuesday. It seems I will be asking the dealer a lot of questions when I go and see it. If the answers don’t satisfy me, maybe I won’t even buy it.!

what is the length of the warranty on a new gen 3 Levo?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
what is the length of the warranty on a new gen 3 Levo?
Standard 2 years. Then assisted purchase scheme after that.

And reading back through my posts to you, sorry if they sounded off. I guess when you've been around too long and seen the same things like groundhog day you end up feeling like some cranky curator and feel for the mods who've tidied threads so they're not too long to read (though this one's pretty epic now ! :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I thought there was a 4 year warranty on spesh motors?
LOL ... you really haven't wasted hours of your life reading the threads have you :)

The 4 year warranty only applies to 2019/2020 bikes. It was put in place when they discovered there were possible "micro bursts" of power due to a firmware error. There was the possibility that this could be one of the reasons for premature motor wear/failure, so those owners were give an extended warranty. Bikes sold after that had the newer firmwares which addressed the issue, so there was no reason to grant the warranty extension. This also only applied to the 2.1 motored bikes, not 1.2 or 1.3 motored bikes which used different firmwares.

So if you want a 4 years warranty - or now 3 years, buy a late 2020 second hand bike :)

Assisted Replacement :

I'd really hate to be a moderator right now looking at tidying this thread :)

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
When a concept store builds a gen 3 Levo, what exactly do they do?

lift it out of the box, put the wheels on and twist the bars straight? Or is there more to it than that?

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
When a concept store builds a gen 3 Levo, what exactly do they do?

lift it out of the box, put the wheels on and twist the bars straight? Or is there more to it than that?

Install handlebar, remote, grips. Run dropper cable and install dropper. Run rear der cable and adjust. Install front brake and adjust both brakes. Curse about bent rotors. Hopefully no bleed is necessary. Check wheels are true. Install fender and pedals. Torque all bolts. Run firmware update. Test ride.

Velociraptor

Oct 10, 2020
Pacific Northwest
I have a question and some observations. What is the part number for the Gen3 700wh battery? I went to my local bike shop to order a 2nd battery and they ordered an M2 700wh battery but I think this one is for the older gens and does not have the little door. I also just sent an email to specialized about this.

I tried to take the rock guard off the gen3 battery and it does not seem to be built for the rock guard to be removed. It looks like the charge indicator lights are part of the rock guard. I was watching a video recently and it was super easy to pull the rock guard off one battery and put it on another with the older bikes. I pulled a couple of small screws off the rock guard and there is a plastic part that fits in a hole on the battery and still the guard did not want to come off so I stopped and put everything back together.

I took my water bottle cage off because I was using a hydration pack, but decided I wanted to put the cage back on and it turned into a hellish job. The reason is that the metal threads inside the down tube that the cage screws attach to are attached to the wiring that runs from the motor to the controls up top, and at least on my bike is free floating in the down tube. So once the bottle cage is removed then the metal threads inside the down tube are no longer lined up with the holes for the cage. I had to remove the battery and mess around trying to get the holes lined up to get the screws in. Not fun. I am never planning to take that bottle cage off again!

I am loving the bike and have had no issues. I am getting a 2nd battery for those really big days with a lot of climbing. I was hoping to remove the rock guard to better fit the battery in my back pack but looks like that is not happening.

Sep 19, 2020
Squamish, BC, Canada
You can swap the guard between the new and old batteries.
You gotta pull out the trap door piece thing, then remove two little screws to get to the big screw. The new one takes a bit more effort to put on and off than the old one, but it does work.

Velociraptor

Oct 10, 2020
Pacific Northwest
You can swap the guard between the new and old batteries.
You gotta pull out the trap door piece thing, then remove two little screws to get to the big screw. The new one takes a bit more effort to put on and off than the old one, but it does work.
Thanks for the info. I will give it another go tomorrow. I am glad to know it's doable.

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
Hope this will help you.

Full doc can be found on this forum

Attachments

• Workbook_Turbo_Levo_Gen_3_14_10_2021 07_57_05_2446.pdf
    249 KB · Views: 299
  • Workbook_Turbo_Levo_Gen_3_14_10_2021 07_58_04_2447.pdf
    283.2 KB · Views: 318

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles