Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
How are you getting on with your Pro, Moe?

‘cant ride it yet as I fractured my 4th vertebrae 6 weeks ago, that’s why I was interested in the feedback from Truckeemtb as I bought it without being able to even sit on it.

I have to stay off any bike for another 6 weeks, only good thing is it gives me time to invisiframe it and fit the AXS off my SL. It’s also sitting in our bedroom as a 1-1 scale model.

I have convinced my wife it’s my SL as she would go bonkers if she thought I had bought a bike with my current injury.

Truckeemtb

Jun 16, 2019
Tahoe California
‘cant ride it yet as I fractured my 4th vertebrae 6 weeks ago, that’s why I was interested in the feedback from Truckeemtb as I bought it without being able to even sit on it.

I have to stay off any bike for another 6 weeks, only good thing is it gives me time to invisiframe it and fit the AXS off my SL. It’s also sitting in our bedroom as a 1-1 scale model.

I have convinced my wife it’s my SL as she would go bonkers if she thought I had bought a bike with my current injury.

I just picked my pro up today, color is much better in person.

It's very good, picked my Pro up today and did a good 20 mile ride. Color looks much better in person than on the internet. Compared to Expert on first real ride... easier to turn in especially on tight switchbacks, more stable at speed, smooth and more normal bike feeling, if that's a thing. Suspension is going to take a few days to sort, didn't feel super plush. Seat tube angle is really steep, I might have to slide seat back a bit more. I like steeper on regular bike but not sure it needs to be so steep on an ebike. More pressure on my hands. Sizing S3 for me is a better fit than Medium was. Looking forward to a lot more miles and smiles. Front is also pretty high, I need to take some spacers out (steer tube is pretty long) will cut it eventually. No front fender stock and no chain tool, I guess I didn't spend enough money for that.

jpdbr

Jul 19, 2019
Chile
Gen3 Expert already being delivered to customers here in Chile.

D0B288CD-F019-40DE-9D9E-BC4D301074D1.jpeg

B98DCF53-1A1C-41BA-9FE9-FA93273F52CE.jpeg

93FE2A5A-4A4C-400F-B1E9-A73897E53311.jpeg

E4830625-4161-4A27-95FF-5DC9FECA4493.jpeg

A1A8EAF6-13BB-4417-9AE2-017D61B0EF3D.jpeg

Truckeemtb

Jun 16, 2019
Tahoe California
I just picked my pro up today, color is much better in person.

It's very good, picked my Pro up today and did a good 20 mile ride. Color looks much better in person than on the internet. Compared to Expert on first real ride... easier to turn in especially on tight switchbacks, more stable at speed, smooth and more normal bike feeling, if that's a thing. Suspension is going to take a few days to sort, didn't feel super plush. Seat tube angle is really steep, I might have to slide seat back a bit more. I like steeper on regular bike but not sure it needs to be so steep on an ebike. More pressure on my hands. Sizing S3 for me is a better fit than Medium was. Looking forward to a lot more miles and smiles. Front is also pretty high, I need to take some spacers out (steer tube is pretty long) will cut it eventually. No front fender stock and no chain tool, I guess I didn't spend enough money for that.
PS After further examination Pro does have the chain tool

Ray_c_au

Mar 30, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
Wow….. did my first ride on the Gen 3…. Haven’t removed the tubes but did setup sag and a bit of a play with rebound and compression front and back…. but blown away with the handling and confidence coming from a 2019 stumpy. There is something about those tyres and grip that had me riding with renewed confidence and vigor. Perhaps not being so gassed the whole ride meant I could concentrate on line choice and trail obstacles with far more control and almost no apprehension. Managed to lightly bottom out the skid plate on a log crossing but I’ll chalk that up to bad timing….
Can’t wait for next weekend, a bit of a real world range test coming up…

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
@rydeezie sincere apologies that our US team had to cancel your order due to lack of stock. Totally understand you feeling ? after having your order confirmed by phone, I've reached out to our order management team for more insight here but am aware that you just want the bike.....

UPDATE: There were around 8 US Levo orders that were mistakenly confirmed on this day by our Order management team, we were unable to ship and the team later took the decision to cancel the orders. Cancelling orders was the fair thing to do in order to avoid keeping our reservation on rider card payments, but it doesn't feel friendly or professional and we'll work to improve the customer experience here. The US team will do their best to reach out personally to those affected riders when stock is next available and offer the same terms - before the stock is made available elsewhere. Apologies from our US team - they know this was really disappointing.

Last edited:

Velociraptor

Oct 10, 2020
Pacific Northwest
@rydeezie sincere apologies that our US team had to cancel your order due to lack of stock. Totally understand you feeling ? after having your order confirmed by phone, I've reached out to our order management team for more insight here but am aware that you just want the bike.....

UPDATE: There were around 8 US Levo orders that were mistakenly confirmed on this day by our Order management team, we were unable to ship and the team later took the decision to cancel the orders. Cancelling orders was the fair thing to do in order to avoid keeping our reservation on rider card payments, but it doesn't feel friendly or professional and we'll work to improve the customer experience here. The US team will do their best to reach out personally to those affected riders when stock is next available and offer the same terms - before the stock is made available elsewhere. Apologies from our US team - they know this was really disappointing.
Hey Specialized, thanks for the explanation. I do appreciate it. Have an order in for a Pro through Mikes Bikes. Hopefully no issues there. Good response to offer bikes to the buyers affected. For sure the right thing to do!

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
After a trip to the Scottish highlands and destroying the original T7 rear I managed to get this Gravity casing T7/T9 rear. Feels more like a Maxxis DD on the side.

View attachment 61249
The T9 Butcher up front felt good, But the T7 eliminator out back seemed to let go too easy, Got me Thinking Hi..Low Geo etc, iv since Fitted DHF's both ends. Can i Ask what geo settings you've settled on, or your go to settings Rob

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
The T9 Butcher up front felt good, But the T7 eliminator out back seemed to let go too easy, Got me Thinking Hi..Low Geo etc, iv since Fitted DHF's both ends. Can i Ask what geo settings you've settled on, or your go to settings Rob
Standard at the front and low at the back ?

Salespunk

Jul 27, 2020
Encinitas, CA
I've been riding a Santa Cruz Heckler for the last year. My skill level is senior citizen adequate:) My Heckler is a large and I am 6'2" 193 lbs. I felt the bike was a bit small. The Heckler is great on tight stuff and in general handles pretty well. Where I did not like it was super steep rooty downhills where the 27 front was scary at times. Going to a 29 front helped a huge amount, but made steep tech climbs worse as the front was lifted a bit with the 29 and more prone to wheelies. Also the E8000 motor was both underpowered compared to the Brose motor, but at the same time more abrupt so easier to lose traction. My other bike is a Santa Cruz Megatower which is a full 29er and size XL. Looking over the specs last night I was surprised that the Gen 3 S5 Turbo Levo has a longer wheelbase than the Megatower. That was a surprise, but will work well for me. I am very much hoping that the Levo will be much better on the climbs with a smoother more powerful motor and less tendency to wheelie.

You are 6'2" and getting an S3? That seems very small.

gling

Apr 21, 2021
Ardmore, PA
Good news is the my Pro is ready and waiting for me at the Mike's Bikes store in Folsom, CA. Can't pick it up until the end of the month but super excited. Looking forward to comparing it to my Heckler mullet. A given that I will see a big range increase but also hoping for improved technical climbing ability.

When did you order the bike just out of curiosity?

roccobarocco

Feb 26, 2020
Germany
Question to the already owners:

What comes with the new bike? Charger of course and etc...
Is there still the the Case with all the stuff inside?

Cheers

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Anyone figure out how to get the Mission Control app to work half as good as Blevo? I've been using Blevo on my 18 Levo and love the Smart Power function since I have pulmonary issues. I can't get the Mission Control app to work anywhere near as well on the new bike. I end up having to change power levels constantly.

chris.raffard

Feb 21, 2021
winnipeg, mb, canada
Anyone figure out how to get the Mission Control app to work half as good as Blevo? I've been using Blevo on my 18 Levo and love the Smart Power function since I have pulmonary issues. I can't get the Mission Control app to work anywhere near as well on the new bike. I end up having to change power levels constantly.
mission control has smart control on it, you just have to enable it, in the app.
the color of the writing on the TCU changes to Purple to show youre in smart control mode

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles