Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

gling

Apr 21, 2021
Ardmore, PA
For those of you who have the new Turbo Levo already, can you please comment on what frame protection (if any) that comes stock with it? I am contemplating getting some Invisiframe/Ridewrap for my sight-unseen unit but if it already is pretty decently protected, I will skip it.

EMTB!

May 22, 2020
Eagle, Idaho
For those of you who have the new Turbo Levo already, can you please comment on what frame protection (if any) that comes stock with it? I am contemplating getting some Invisiframe/Ridewrap for my sight-unseen unit but if it already is pretty decently protected, I will skip it.

There's enough for my liking. It's down tube, stays and back of seat tube.

EMTB!

May 22, 2020
Eagle, Idaho
Be careful if in the slack headtube position and like brake levers low. They will hit the top of the top tube when the bars spin back, at least they will on S5.

giumik

Mar 22, 2021
Italy

In my opinion the seat and chain stay are not sufficiently protected. Especially the color of the PRO seems a bit delicate to me. I think I'll buy a Chameleon Skin kit as soon as it becomes available.

Waldecker

Apr 16, 2021
NSW Far South Coast
Had my first ride on the gen3 pro today; home tracks, nothing too technical or steep, but lots of tree roots and some rocks about.
Coming from an gen2 xl the S4 is way more nimble and precise, immediately blown away by how much nicer the front behaves-thought my Oehlins 36 was a pretty decent fork, but the full fat fox 38 on the pro is just next level straight out of the box...
Very happy with the new Levo...

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
Hello guys, two little spec interesting for who needs:

Fork:
2021 Factory Series 38 FLOAT 29 160
Part number: 910-35-435
Short ID: D8XM
Description: 2021, 38, K, FLOAT, 29in, F-S, 160, Grip 2, HSC, LSC, HSR, LSR, Shiny Blk, SBC S08 Dream Silver
Satin/SBC W03 Metallic White Logo, Kabolt 110, BLK, 1.5 T, 58HT, 44mm Rake, N/M OE

Ammo:
2021 Series FLOAT X2
Part number: 979-63-010
Short ID: D9MP
Description: 2021, FLOAT X2, F-S, K, 2pos-Adj, Specialized, Levo F1, 210, 55, CL002, JCR010, Rezi CM, SBC S08 Dream Silver Satin/SBC W03 Metallic White, Neutral Logo, N/M

Luca

Mxsledder

Apr 23, 2019
USA
Great thread! I’m 6’4” and weigh 240. I almost ordered a S5 but ended up going with the S6 and looks like I will be happy. Currently own a 19 Levo SWorks XL that has been amazing.

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
Man, S3 Pro in stock. Expert coming in a month or so… decisions. Going to be changing out parts on the Expert anyways.
That was my plan, until the pro showed up. Cannot...resist...my resistance was futile....I have to sell 2 bikes to fund it. Gen 2 levo is sold; will be selling my Ripley V4 next (collecting dust in my garage - just rode it for 200 miles).

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
I pulled the trigger BANG BANG
BA7A08F6-C5AC-4134-BD98-98F0C358CEAC.png

sometimesjoe

Mar 17, 2021
SF Bay Area, Ca
Where are you guys finding the info spec and colors on the expert? I'd like to check it out
Specialized did have the Expert on their site for a short time. It’s the carbon black or matte redwood for colors. Specs are almost like Pro except for forks and shock are Elite, not Factory. Rear cassette is GX as well as chain and no carbon wheels. Someone posted the workbook in this thread which is handy and has good info.

gling

Apr 21, 2021
Ardmore, PA
New to Turbo Levos and have a few questions trying to figure out how to transport these bikes on a roof rack that has a 20 kg/44 lb weight limit. From my research, it looks like the battery weighs 3.8 kg/8.4 lb by itself and assuming a heavy build, the S-Works version of the bike will come in around 18.5 kg/40.7 lb generously without the battery.

I plan to mount the bike without the battery on the roof rack. Questions:

1. What does the bike (2022 Levo) look like without the battery attached. Can anyone provide photos?
2. Can you mount just the bash guard(?) without the battery to fill the opening with the battery off?
3. Is it detrimental (no rain) to have a gaping wide opening (assumption) without the battery installed?
4. Has anyone done this with no detrimental impact given how close the max weight limit (bike rack) is of the bike even with the battery removed? not going on long trips but 30-60 minute shuttles to ride destination on sideroads and freeway.
5. Any other solutions aside from a trailer-hitch-mount bike rack?

Posting here since it appears that the 2022 battery cover is different than previous generation covers.

Thanks!

Sep 19, 2020
Squamish, BC, Canada
New to Turbo Levos and have a few questions trying to figure out how to transport these bikes on a roof rack that has a 20 kg/44 lb weight limit. From my research, it looks like the battery weighs 3.8 kg/8.4 lb by itself and assuming a heavy build, the S-Works version of the bike will come in around 18.5 kg/40.7 lb generously without the battery.

I plan to mount the bike without the battery on the roof rack. Questions:

1. What does the bike (2022 Levo) look like without the battery attached. Can anyone provide photos?
2. Can you mount just the bash guard(?) without the battery to fill the opening with the battery off?
3. Is it detrimental (no rain) to have a gaping wide opening (assumption) without the battery installed?
4. Has anyone done this with no detrimental impact given how close the max weight limit (bike rack) is of the bike even with the battery removed? not going on long trips but 30-60 minute shuttles to ride destination on sideroads and freeway.
5. Any other solutions aside from a trailer-hitch-mount bike rack?

Posting here since it appears that the 2022 battery cover is different than previous generation covers.

Thanks!

Just remove the battery if you’re comfortable with being that close to the weight limit of your rack.

Rain goes down, the hole goes up.

Water will get insidewhen you ride the bike anyways. As long as you’re comfortable putting something that expensive on the rack you have then it should be fine. You could always put some tape over the battery opening if you’re worried about it.

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
I also like to change things on my bikes so would have been ok with the expert. The performance elite are great I have them on my Ransom.

I have the pro and have added the Axs dropper and derailer from my SL I have also just ordered a 27 inch ENVE m7 rear wheel as I have the 29inch set.

not sure there is anything else I would change.

john johnson

Apr 22, 2021
uk
All main dealers will take orders but when you'll get one who knows, mine is only one of two Experts coming too one of the biggest Turbo dealers in the country.

I was quoted July for mine , I’m curious to the expert scenario as I’ve learnt over many years to take dealer speak with a pinch of salt

Rod2H

Apr 2, 2021
Cumbria, UK
All main dealers will take orders but when you'll get one who knows, mine is only one of two Experts coming too one of the biggest Turbo dealers in the country.
Who are the "biggest turbo dealers in the country? I am not having much luck getting any life out of anybody.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles