Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

BikingBad

Sep 6, 2022
USA
Guys, Anyone upgrade to SRAM Maven brakes? If using the stock rotors (Code RS brakes on Levo Expert model), do I need the disc brake adaptors?

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Guys, Anyone upgrade to SRAM Maven brakes? If using the stock rotors (Code RS brakes on Levo Expert model), do I need the disc brake adaptors?
I bought the ultimate kit that came with the adaptors, they’re the same ones that came on the bike stock so you’re good. The only reason you’d need to change the adaptors is if you went with bigger rotors.

BikingBad

Sep 6, 2022
USA
I bought the ultimate kit that came with the adaptors, they’re the same ones that came on the bike stock so you’re good. The only reason you’d need to change the adaptors is if you went with bigger rotors.
Cool, thx! How do you like the brakes? The kit is sold out everywhere so purchased the ultimate brakes and pro bleed kit.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Wouldn't use stock rotors but the new HS2 rotors included in the expert kit or buy them 200 front and 180 back gives you more than enough braking power. You don't need adaptor as long as you don't go bigger rotor.

Last edited:

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
Honestly, they lasted a week on my bike before I went back to the Hope T4V4s. I didn’t feel they had anymore power than my Hopes and I preferred the lever feel of the Hopes.
I bought the Maven Ultimate kit with the rotors and stuff for my Levo..then I got buyers remorse after readying about how harsh the levers are. After installing T4's on my Stumpy around the same time I'm thoroughly convinced I do not want any other brakes except Dominions. I need to return that kit.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
I bought the Maven Ultimate kit with the rotors and stuff for my Levo..then I got buyers remorse after readying about how harsh the levers are. After installing T4's on my Stumpy around the same time I'm thoroughly convinced I do not want any other brakes except Dominions. I need to return that kit.
Did you install them and tried them out properly or just listen to what a couple of others say?

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
Did you install them and tried them out properly or just listen to what a couple of others say?
They are not installed. I know from the feel before installing them they are stiffer than the Codes that came with the bike. I'm sure the stopping power is top notch but I can guarantee the feel and modulation will not match the Hayes..for me.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
They are not installed. I know from the feel before installing them they are stiffer than the Codes that came with the bike. I'm sure the stopping power is top notch but I can guarantee the feel and modulation will not match the Hayes..for me.
First time I heard someone says they know how a product feels and works when all the parts are new compared to the old product and on top of that make a decision based on others views.
Anyway Maven have only been out for a couple of weeks so it's gone be interesting to see some reviews based on long time use.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Just list them for sale over retail and make some money, I’ve been offered £200 more than what I paid for mine and they’re slightly used. I rarely sell stuff though so mine will probably just sit on the shelf along with all the other random parts I’ve tried or swapped out.

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
First time I heard someone says they know how a product feels and works when all the parts are new compared to the old product and on top of that make a decision based on others views.
Anyway Maven have only been out for a couple of weeks so it's gone be interesting to see some reviews based on long time use.
Seriously? We all make purchasing decision based on product reviews all the time.... Most of the reviews do compare them to Codes as a reference. So if you know Codes then you can have a pretty good idea. That said, I do agree it's not a 100% accurate assessment of just how stiff the pull is on the Mavens but I assure you it's fairly obviously stiff. Especially when I have years of experience riding Codes. If I didn't just install the Hayes on my other bike and love them so much I would certainly have given the Mavens a try. It's not in dispute how different the feel of the the two will be. After experiencing the light action and supreme modulation of the Hayes. I don't want to give that up. Also, after seeing the paint splatter color on another bike...I decided it was not for me. It's extremely loud. Especially on an all black bike like mine. If I sell them, I would only mark them up enough to cover the taxes that I paid above the retail price and any PayPal fees.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Seriously? We all make purchasing decision based on product reviews all the time.... Most of the reviews do compare them to Codes as a reference. So if you know Codes then you can have a pretty good idea. That said, I do agree it's not a 100% accurate assessment of just how stiff the pull is on the Mavens but I assure you it's fairly obviously stiff. Especially when I have years of experience riding Codes. If I didn't just install the Hayes on my other bike and love them so much I would certainly have given the Mavens a try. It's not in dispute how different the feel of the the two will be. After experiencing the light action and supreme modulation of the Hayes. I don't want to give that up. Also, after seeing the paint splatter color on another bike...I decided it was not for me. It's extremely loud. Especially on an all black bike like mine. If I sell them, I would only mark them up enough to cover the taxes that I paid above the retail price and any PayPal fees.
Well I read reviews but final decision is mine since I'm gonna use the product but of course no need to change if you're satisfied with what you got.
I have tried all the code combinations and never got satisfied so after reading a lot of reviews and considering what type of support I would get in my country I was about to pull the trigger on TRP and not Hope since they ain't got bite adjustment but suddenly I got an offer on Maven I couldn't resist especially with the Van Halen design.
Good everybody got different opinions otherwise the world would be be dead boring.

For real don't you think black on red is dope😎
IMG_2309.jpeg

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
I bought two Maven kits: one for the e-bike and one for the eatbike. The brakes have a slightly inconsistent bite point (a known issue that can be fixed), but otherwise, they're awesome! I tried the 200mm front and 180mm rear combo on the eatbike, but I didn't like it—the 180mm felt a bit too weak. I swapped it for a 200mm rotor, and now it's perfect. The eatbike is a full 29er, while the e-bike is a mullet, so I might use the 180mm rotor in the rear on it.

BikingBad

Sep 6, 2022
USA
Anyone install the Maven brakes yourself? Was it difficult to route the rear cable through? Did you use a coupler or were you able to just push cable through from back to front?

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Anyone install the Maven brakes yourself? Was it difficult to route the rear cable through? Did you use a coupler or were you able to just push cable through from back to front?
Just push it through, the Levo is one of the easiest ones I’ve ever done. The only tricky part is at the head tube but it’s still super easy.

BikingBad

Sep 6, 2022
USA
For Maven brake upgrade, if upsizing rear rotor to HS2 220mm rotor, a 180 to 220mm post bracket is required which is not included with the kit (Expert or individual brake purchase).

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles