Official Merida eOne-Sixty thread

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Anyone know the exact model DI2 rear derailleur that comes standard on the 2019 E160 900e, mines got loads of play in it after 2500km. Figure I've collected my fair share of sticks etc on the trail and that combined with the mileage has give me lots of play. Trying to sorce another one but not sure of the exact model.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Anyone know the exact model DI2 rear derailleur that comes standard on the 2019 E160 900e, mines got loads of play in it after 2500km. Figure I've collected my fair share of sticks etc on the trail and that combined with the mileage has give me lots of play. Trying to sorce another one but not sure of the exact model.
Does it list the model if you log into E-Tube?

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Not 100% sure, I know it comes up with the Di2, will check when I get home. Thanks for the great idea. Got a new cassette, front chain ring and chain to put on and will get a new hanger as been straightened a couple of times and not sure how 'true' it is anymore. Will put all that on and adjust it with the e-tube app and see how I go. Will still look for one as its only a matter of time before it'll be too far gone and will need replacing.

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
RD-M8050-GS

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
I've got the original E160, with the super deluxe shock packed to full with volume spacers to prevent heavy bottom out.
I really like this shock (better than my dpx2), but wondered if anyone has tried the MegNeg air can, and whether this squeezes more performance out of it?

miercoleando

Sep 30, 2019
SP
Hi there !!

I managed to destroy the rear rim.

I am having issues finding a 36 spokes rim with 35 inner width, and dt swiss h 1900 seem to be out of stock

Any experience or advice?

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
Hi there !!

I managed to destroy the rear rim.

I am having issues finding a 36 spokes rim with 35 inner width, and dt swiss h 1900 seem to be out of stock

Any experience or advice?
The stock rims are pretty weak, so I'm not surprised.

The H1700 is amazing. I've cased it plenty of times and it is true as the day I bought it. The ratchet hub works really nicely with an electric motor, it makes the pickup of drive power less clunky than the original shimano pawl hub.

rstwosix

Jul 26, 2020
Australia
Exactly what is says on the tin? More small bump compliance, better mid stroke support, bottom out resistance?

Yes, Yes & Yes! I got mine a couple of months ago (also upgraded my Lyric with 2021 air spring & damper).
The shock is perfect for those who have the interest and patience to try out different setups. You get the usual tokens in the air can plus 4 bands for the neg chamber. SRAM advised me to start with all tokens/bands fitted and work back from there. Note - you will be adding more air than you had in the Super Deluxe to achieve the recommended 30 percent sag.
I tried each setup on my favorite trail. First run with all tokens/bands was slightly plusher than super deluxe but had too much bottom out resistance. SRAM told me to start removing bands then tokens. A week and lots of shock removal and setup changes later I ended up with all tokens/bands removed and got what I wanted. The Rockshox claims are true - I've got very plush beginning stroke, better mid stroke support and improved bottom out resistance.
I weigh 75kg and I'm running 180psi with 30% sag in my Meg Neg (30psi more than in my Super Deluxe).

Dakrol

Nov 1, 2020
Sydney
I bought a Garmin Edge 530 last week. It talks to the EP8 and gives metrics on it. Very cool. I now get a battery % usage and remaining charge on the Garmin.
I have been looking at those. Did you get a bundle or just the unit?

Not sure if I need anything from the bundle as it should get the information from the ep8.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles