Official Merida eOne-Sixty thread

grim007

Apr 11, 2019
Israel
Hello Guys,

I'm about to replace the stock SLX brakes on my 160-800 with zee but I would keep the original hoses: is it as simple as removing the slx levers / calipers, screw the zee ones on and double check air bubbles?

Do you have a step by step procedure or YouTube videos showing that?

Thank you and greetings from Italy!

Andrea
Yes thats exactly what I did. As simple as that. Just remove the wheels so you dont contaminate the rotors by mistake. You will see that they have different bolts, but the attachment is the same.
The steps are:
1. Remove top part of the SLX brake (the "joystick"), attach Zee.
2. Remove lower part of the SLX brake, take out the bolt, use the bolt that came with the Zee, bolt on to the caliper. Very simple just bleed the brakes after (add some oil and pump the joystick until all bubbles are gone)

Additionally as you will soon find out the SLX shifter is ISPEC and it wont fit Zee brakes so you will need another shifter or some kind of attachment to attach it. I swapped for a regular one I had lying around.
You will

andrewkeys84

Apr 5, 2019
Italy
Hey grim007, thank your prompt reply! Very clear, it look easy.
My zee are ispec B so I think the stock deore xt shifter will attach to the zee lever just fine...

Mrloseth

Mar 7, 2019
norway
Testing 29" in the front.. many other’s that like the 29" instead?
C8A804C3-2D3A-48FF-9088-0DA0D85DC620.jpeg

andrewkeys84

Apr 5, 2019
Italy
Hey Guys,

I don't like the current Merida dropper post's lever ... Is there a universal one with which I can replace the original one?

Either way, thinking about replacing the dropper post with a 150 one, which model do you suggest which fits the L Frame of my 160-800?

Thank you very much!

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
Hey Guys,

I don't like the current Merida dropper post's lever ... Is there a universal one with which I can replace the original one?

Either way, thinking about replacing the dropper post with a 150 one, which model do you suggest which fits the L Frame of my 160-800?

Thank you very much!
Top spec 900's come with the a Reverb, the action of the lever is quite hard as it's short throw but what choices do you have other than replacing the power mode levers with the button version so you can use a decent dropper remote?

andrewkeys84

Apr 5, 2019
Italy
Well, I could move the dropper post lever to the right ...
Other than that, which 150mm travel dropper post is compatible with this frame?

Thanks again!

grim007

Apr 11, 2019
Israel
i recommend oneup dropper post. they are cheap and work very well.
ive got the 170mm one on my medium frame. its worth checking if it would work for you with large frame

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
i recommend oneup dropper post. they are cheap and work very well.
ive got the 170mm one on my medium frame. its worth checking if it would work for you with large frame
Can I ask, does it slam all the way to the frame? Also, do you know what diameter it is? 30.9 or 31.6? I'm not so keen on the Merida dropper either!

ChrisB NZ

Aug 21, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Top spec 900's come with the a Reverb, the action of the lever is quite hard as it's short throw but what choices do you have other than replacing the power mode levers with the button version so you can use a decent dropper remote?
It’s interesting that Merida has dropped the Reverb on the latest Eone sixty 10 K and uses the Merida Expert post - which l think is the TranzX post and the same as the Brand X posts from Chain Reaction Cycles (which get really good reviews). You can fit another lever. See this post
Eone Sixty 800 dropper post

andrewkeys84

Apr 5, 2019
Italy
It’s interesting that Merida has dropped the Reverb on the latest Eone sixty 10 K and uses the Merida Expert post - which l think is the TranzX post and the same as the Brand X posts from Chain Reaction Cycles (which get really good reviews). You can fit another lever. See this post
Eone Sixty 800 dropper post

Thank you very much. Actually, the current Merida dropper post works pretty well....I simply don't like the dropper post remote...
I have just ordered the cane creek remote which looks perfect!

jabi

May 24, 2019
Finland
Has anyone fitted 3" rear tyre. I'm considering three inch studded winter tyre so I would appreciate if someone has been able fit any that sized.

grim007

Apr 11, 2019
Israel
Can I ask, does it slam all the way to the frame? Also, do you know what diameter it is? 30.9 or 31.6? I'm not so keen on the Merida dropper either!
Diameter is 30.9.
On my medium frame I need the post to be 240mm outside the frame. So with 170mm post its still not all the way inside the frame.
You need to measure your current post and do the calculations. Oneup have a measuring guide to figure out which post you can fit

Teo78

May 9, 2019
ITALY
Hi! a question, i want to add a cane creek angle set to open a bit the steer angleset, can someone suggest me the right one? see attached file

angleset.jpg

andrewkeys84

Apr 5, 2019
Italy
Hello Guys,

I have just installed a Fox X2 shock on my eOne 160 800...I'm 84kg (185 lbs) ready to ride: would you kindly suggest sag, compression and rebound settings to start with for the fine tuning?

Thank you in advance!!!

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
On my Commencal with X2, so far I've just used the recommended settings from:

Bike Help Center | FOX

Enter the 4 digit code and then all the info should be in the Manual link

I went in the middle of the suggested settings range for each adjustment.

Last edited:

neo46

Jul 1, 2019
Isle of Wight
Hi guys.
Recently got myself a E-ONESIXTY.
Loving it so far, you really don’t notice the extra weight on the trails. Only thing I’ve touched is a tyre change to something a bit tougher, I’ve just upgraded my to a set of zee brakes to slow me down as well.

CDAEBF41-A20D-41BD-9A17-55E9166CC25D.jpeg

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Has anyone fitted 3" rear tyre. I'm considering three inch studded winter tyre so I would appreciate if someone has been able fit any that sized.
the Suomi Fat Freddie 3.0 barely fits on the rear, had to remove the mini fender. Works well though, no issues last winter.
DSC04568.JPG

andrewkeys84

Apr 5, 2019
Italy
Ciao Teo (saluti da Imola ;-)),

How do you feel the ohlins Rxf 36 coil (Evo?) on your Merida?
I bought the same fork but I cannot appreciate it very much so far...
What is you ready to ride weight? Coil rate/colour? Fork settings?

Please inspire me....:)

Thanks you!

Andrea

Teo78

May 9, 2019
ITALY
Ciao Teo (saluti da Imola ;-)),

How do you feel the ohlins Rxf 36 coil (Evo?) on your Merida?
I bought the same fork but I cannot appreciate it very much so far...
What is you ready to ride weight? Coil rate/colour? Fork settings?

Please inspire me....:)

Thanks you!

Andrea
Ciao Andrea,
the feeling is really good! i'm ready to ride 90-92 kg, but i have buyed directly from andreani already set for 100 kg .
I don't know the coil rate/colour, i increased the return regisrty of 2 click , low speed compression 3 click from full open, and spring reload 1,5 turn from open.for now is ok but i use all the 160 mm of travel,this for the coil "linear" feeling.

Nopper

Apr 6, 2019
Belgium
Hello, my almost new e900 is making a sound when pedalling.
It is a non repetitive, randomly ticking sound. It is a clean 'tick', not a cracking sound.
Stops when I am not pedalling and is not allways there. Seems to be starting after a mile or so.
Ideas?

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
Hello, my almost new e900 is making a sound when pedalling.
It is a non repetitive, randomly ticking sound. It is a clean 'tick', not a cracking sound.
Stops when I am not pedalling and is not allways there. Seems to be starting after a mile or so.
Ideas?
Mine was the motor mounting bolts. Re greased and all is fine now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles