Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Here's mine :)

DSCF1435-Edit.jpg

Re-Cycle

Jul 13, 2018
Netherlands
That mud flap comes with the bike, it did with mine. A mud guard for the front fork was also included when I bought mine, and a pair of lights (simple ones, with batteries).

DSC00695.JPG

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You have two options, and they will generally only work on a larger frame, not sure what the clearance is like on the Meridas between TT and battery. You could used the fidlock bottle system:

Fidlock Bike - Produkte

You would have to use the smallest bottle size though, not the large one shown in the pic.

Cheaper option is what I do, which is use a Back Country Research Motherload strap (other similar products also out there) to strap a bottle to the frame (I have a Vitus but similar layout frame wise)

Backcountry Research Mutherload Strap

Productshots-9296.jpg

IMG_0928.jpeg

hemi.rokingi

Dec 13, 2018
Australia
I have a medium e120 and there's no way a bottle will fit inside the main triangle sadly. I ended up attaching a bottle cage to the underside of the downtube with cable ties - I'll post a pic below.

Last edited:

hemi.rokingi

Dec 13, 2018
Australia
All that being said - this was a far from ideal solution which I ultimately gave up on. Mainly because I had to take the bottle cage off when I was vinyl wrapping the frame, but it wasn’t a good enough set up to inspire me to put it back on :/

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
You can wrap the fidlock attachment around the battery as well. The small gap between the battery and frame allows it. Then you can get a larger bottle on if you really want to. Personally, for a two hour ride, especially here in our heat, I'll need more than a bottle anyway and I still need to carry a pump and some repair stuff. So I use an Epoc 3L waist pack and 2 litre bladder.

Gordon

Mrloseth

Mar 7, 2019
norway
Hey. I can’t change the gear switch rotation on my e tube app.. anybody know why. ? I have tried many times. I says that de settings have been saved but the button’s stay the same..

Jpzeroday

Sep 16, 2018
Nevada
Does anyone know if a 160mm Revive Dropper Post with hacked bottom will drop all the way on a large? Trying to figure if this will work for me.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You can wrap the fidlock attachment around the battery as well. The small gap between the battery and frame allows it. Then you can get a larger bottle on if you really want to. Personally, for a two hour ride, especially here in our heat, I'll need more than a bottle anyway and I still need to carry a pump and some repair stuff. So I use an Epoc 3L waist pack and 2 litre bladder.

Gordon
The straps that come with the fidlock aren't long enough to fit round the battery from my experience, you need to swap them out for heavy duty zip ties

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
I've used the fidlock Bottle with the uni base adaptor to get a Bottle onto mine. Sorry i don't have any close up photos i will have to take a couple. Works good here and doesn't get it the way at all. They are really easy to use as well, great design
IMG_20190309_170248.jpg

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Are the cranks on all the e160's 175mm?
The Steps XT crankarms can't be had any shorter than 170mm, but the cheaper E8000 crankarms that can be found on cheaper 2019 e160's, like the 800, is 165mm.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
The straps that come with the fidlock aren't long enough to fit round the battery from my experience, you need to swap them out for heavy duty zip ties

They do. If you remove the battery and then clip the Fidlock ties to the first click and then slide that over the battery it goes on easily.

However......

I was mistaken when I said you could then fit a bottle. There isn't enough space for ANY bottle on my Medium Merida. Sorry. Don't know where I got that thought from. Brain fart, obviously. You CAN put the Fidlock strap around the down tube and then re attach the battery, which will allow a bottle under the down tube. Might get a bit muddy though.

Gordon

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
On mine there is no way they fit round the battery, maybe we have different straps - you would need another 5cm minimum on the ones I have

hemi.rokingi

Dec 13, 2018
Australia
I don't think @flash is suggesting fitting them all the way around the battery. Rather, removing the battery, then attaching the fidlock to frame only, and attaching the battery back over the top.

melonhead

Feb 9, 2019
Killingworth Australia
Picked up my brand spanking green e160 900e on Saturday. I took the stock Maxxis DHR IIs off and fitted Specialized Eliminator 2.6s in the Blck Dmnd casing tubeless, swapped the shifter paddles around to the normal positions, downloaded the fox manuals and setup the suspension, fitted my pedals and was good to go. I had my heart set on a Specialized Kenevo, but after a demo day ride on the Merida, and looking at value for money, I could not go past the 900e. Cost me $7000 AU with the absolute top of the line components everywhere. The Kenevo Comp is $7200 AU, and the Expert costs $9500 AU. Went for my first ride on sunday through Glenrock which was wet as f*#k, got myself and the bike completely covered in mud, but did 30km and ran out of energy before running out of battery. I have never had so much fun on a mountain bike. Consider me an ebike convert/fan

hemi.rokingi

Dec 13, 2018
Australia
Picked up my brand spanking green e160 900e on Saturday. I took the stock Maxxis DHR IIs off and fitted Specialized Eliminator 2.6s in the Blck Dmnd casing tubeless, swapped the shifter paddles around to the normal positions, downloaded the fox manuals and setup the suspension, fitted my pedals and was good to go. I had my heart set on a Specialized Kenevo, but after a demo day ride on the Merida, and looking at value for money, I could not go past the 900e. Cost me $7000 AU with the absolute top of the line components everywhere. The Kenevo Comp is $7200 AU, and the Expert costs $9500 AU. Went for my first ride on sunday through Glenrock which was wet as f*#k, got myself and the bike completely covered in mud, but did 30km and ran out of energy before running out of battery. I have never had so much fun on a mountain bike. Consider me an ebike convert/fan

Glenrock on an emtb is a heap of fun!

melonhead

Feb 9, 2019
Killingworth Australia
Can you explain that - I've not changed anything with my shifters, so wondering what 'un-normal position' I've got them in :)
Sorry mate I didn't explain myself well. When I picked up the bike the outermost gear trigger made downshifts, while the innermost made upshifts. This is completely opposite to the SRAM shifters I am used to. I connected a smart phone to the bike (using Shimanos etube app) and re allocated the gear triggers to outermost does upshifts, while innermost does downshifts.

hemi.rokingi

Dec 13, 2018
Australia
Sure is. On my non ebike I would do one lap of the xc track and a couple of downhill runs. Yesterday I did 2 laps of the xc track and 5 downhill runs
That’s awesome. I’ve started parking at the Yuelahbar carpark, warming up on DeLuge, over to the bus stop track at Dudley, then the DH track down to the Scout Camp. From there it’s easy to shoot over to the main section and hit the DH runs, or XC loop. I did 40km in there the other day - best ride!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles