Official Canyon EMTB Thread

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I had a slight issue on the first ride as the motor seemed to overheat and I thought I could smell it too before the error code came upon the screen,
All help and advice is greatly appreciated.
Cheers!
How hot was it that day? Sounds worrying that the engine overheats. Have you seen it after the first ride as well?

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
How hot was it that day? Sounds worrying that the engine overheats. Have you seen it after the first ride as well?
It was about 4 degrees outside,
I used in trail and boost 2 days later in around 2 degrees and an inch or so of snow on the trail and it fine. I will post up any changes.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Be nice if they added the new “shapeshifter” a la new “strive” and made the bike 160 but will shapeshift and jack the rear end and steepening angles w the travel at 145 . It’d be climb and down mode on an emtb. Maybe even more useful on an emtb so you don’t loop out on the steep climbs

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Be nice if they added the new “shapeshifter” a la new “strive” and made the bike 160 but will shapeshift and jack the rear end and steepening angles w the travel at 145 . It’d be climb and down mode on an emtb. Maybe even more useful on an emtb so you don’t loop out on the steep climbs
Great idea. I had the Cannondale with the fox dyad 2 shock which had 2 separate chambers. With a shape shifter I could switch between 85mm travel and 130mm. That would be insanely good on the ebikes.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Great idea. I had the Cannondale with the fox dyad 2 shock which had 2 separate chambers. With a shape shifter I could switch between 85mm travel and 130mm. That would be insanely good on the ebikes.

As much as i like to travel adjust I think I might like the fact that it jacks the rear a touch and steepens the seat angle and head angle. It could be an effective way to keep the short chainstays, to keep the heavier ebike agile on the downs, and still be able to climb the steep climbs that emtb’s are capable of and keep the front end down. I prefer to have the stability from a decent length reach and slack head angle at the same time be able to whip around turns or make quick lane changes by pivoting off the rear with a shorter cs than a lot of emtb’s seem to have.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
So I finally got around to ordering the E7000 switch and took it out for a test this weekend. Loved it, it's got a really nice feel to it, doesn't get in the way, I didn't accidentally change modes which happened with the E8000 and ofcourse the dropper remote is now in a natural position and much better quality
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190126112858530_COVER.jpg

Before
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190126124130769_COVER.jpg

After

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Much cleaner and uncluttered. I wish canyon would bring those to North America. Unfortunately they have no plans todo it

Rpa484

Feb 4, 2019
Poland
Hi All.
I'm planing to buy a Spectral ON (need to sell previous bike first),
but I'm wonder: anybody of You try to put 29 wheel, with for example 2.2 tire on rear?
My point is to put XC specific tires to reduce drag and increase range. 29 wheel is to make geo little bit more "XC". Is there enough space for big wheel?

-W-

Jan 6, 2019
Finland
2.4-2.5"x29" should fit, since I just put the stock 29" front wheel + 2.5" Minion to the back and when the wheel is off the ground you can center the wheel even though your axle is 3mm too small and hub too narrow = still can see the space. And that 2.5x29" Minion just barely fits.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Fox dhx2 and push acs3 coil fork kit tested today,and wow its blown me away plush but plenty of mid support, on the dh runs its so much easier on your body spesh arms and shoulders. Plenty of pb’s without trying,as so easy to go quick?God help me when i fall off ?

View attachment 10754
Very nice set up - if you get eh coil set up dialled in at both ends then the ride is something else

Justchillin

Aug 28, 2018
Derby
Is it stock coil on dhx2? What is outside diameter of the coil? Did you have any clearance issues with fitting it.
Yes standard fox coil spring, not sure on diameter.
Nope no clearnce issues at all,and i’ve gone 230x65mm which gives me 160mm travel,on full compression it clears the seat stay fine with a 2.8 eddy current.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Yes standard fox coil spring, not sure on diameter.
Nope no clearnce issues at all,and i’ve gone 230x65mm which gives me 160mm travel,on full compression it clears the seat stay fine with a 2.8 eddy current.
Thanks. I thinking about fitting Ohlins TTX 22M and not sure about clearance issues...

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
The only way is to try one to see if it clears the battery b4 you buy, also i know the ohlins springs are a slightly bigger diameter than fox.
It should clears the battery with no problem. Ohlins has smaller valves body. Can you measure a clearance between Fox coil and top frame tube?

Justchillin

Aug 28, 2018
Derby
Another refugee from the KTM Forum - there are a few of us on here as well. Thinking I may get rid of the dirt bike as hardly riding it now...
Yep same here, but mines such a mint low hours ktm that its hard to let go lol. Spesh when all you get is idiots offering a grand less than its worth.

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
Yep same here, but mines such a mint low hours ktm that its hard to let go lol. Spesh when all you get is idiots offering a grand less than its worth.

Mine is beautiful, 2014 road reg 250 XC-F, had AER forks put on it. Would find it hard to sell but not ridden since July last year, whereas am on the eMTB every week. Got great local hills I can ride in that are perfect for eMTBs.

The locals are not into noisy Motos, lots of horse riding goes on - if I could the KTM up into get the hills I would...

G-Bru

Jan 8, 2019
United Kingdom
Another refugee from the KTM Forum - there are a few of us on here as well. Thinking I may get rid of the dirt bike as hardly riding it now...

Ahoy there Paul. Been thinking of selling my 2017 300 Six Days....... I am a little reluctant though, its the last of the carb models (Lectron fitted ;)) and I have the suspension dialled, after throwing some cash at it, so a very tough decision to make!

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles