Official Canyon EMTB Thread

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
only just realised there was one, thought the original one would get moved and as i saw it wasn’t i didn’t go looking in here !!

Maybe all post some Spectral photos here to get it going. Even repost the ones already on the other thread?

Been out on yours this weekend? Is yours a 7.0? The Lyrik feels really good so far. I had a Pyke on my last bike so I was expecting good things but it’s better than I was expecting.

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
Maybe all post some Spectral photos here to get it going. Even repost the ones already on the other thread?

Been out on yours this weekend? Is yours a 7.0? The Lyrik feels really good so far. I had a Pyke on my last bike so I was expecting good things but it’s better than I was expecting.

yeah it’s a 7, still in dubai until tuesday tho so no other rides to report yet

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Gorlech loop in Brechfa today for the first outing on the 7.0. Absolutely fantastic. Only about 20km but had big surgery about 8 months ago and it was enough for my first ebike ride today. It was the descents that tired me though. Climbs so easy. Been lucky enough to own a few decent bikes like a stumpjumper, reign, Lapierre Spicy 516 over the years but this Canyon felt the best by far to me. So easy to hop on the descents. Geometry seems spot on. Bike really solid. Suspension superb. No really technical climbs on the loop but it flew up every trail easily. Used trail for nearly all of it and it only dropped 2 bars on the battery. Boost is like being towed up. I did put my own Atlas 35mm stem on and it did feel like the longer reach might be better. Possibly swap it back. Saddle can go back another 10mm but I was sat right at the very back of it.

Maybe easily pleased but honestly couldn't be happier with the bike. Highly recommend.

EbikeTom

Sep 23, 2018
Annecy, France
I agree, I couldn’t be happier. I’ve had mine since April this year, used it at least twice a week since and it’s been brilliant. I wanted the 8.0, but couldn’t wait so I bought the 7.0 and upgraded to lyrik 160’s and Code brakes, everything else is stock and still going strong.

E8759C62-AAF9-4907-99CB-07C3528DCBF5.jpeg

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
I agree, I couldn’t be happier. I’ve had mine since April this year, used it at least twice a week since and it’s been brilliant. I wanted the 8.0, but couldn’t wait so I bought the 7.0 and upgraded to lyrik 160’s and Code brakes, everything else is stock and still going strong.

View attachment 5830

Cracking picture. Planning to change the air shaft in mine to the new debonair. You find it better as 160mm? Got saint brakes on mine now. Love them. Used a mates bike which has codes. Similar power but the codes have better modulation. I'm just so used to the Shimano feel. I did lock them a few times yesterday though.

My bike looks almost identical. Not such a good background though.

IMG_1188.JPG

EbikeTom

Sep 23, 2018
Annecy, France
Cracking picture. Planning to change the air shaft in mine to the new debonair. You find it better as 160mm? Got saint brakes on mine now. Love them. Used a mates bike which has codes. Similar power but the codes have better modulation. I'm just so used to the Shimano feel. I did lock them a few times yesterday though.

My bike looks almost identical. Not such a good background though.

View attachment 5831

I didn’t even try the 150 yari, I decided to take them straight off and sell them new. The 160 feels good to me, I’m riding lots of technical rough descents. I do notice the front feels quite light on the very steep up hills, but it’s manageable. I’m planning to do the air shaft at the next service too.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Robbed of a super nice @Clansey ?
Haha, just seen it. They did chose the worst photo but oh well. And those two women seen me setting the bike up and just went and sat in the photo ?.

I didn't realise this thread was here. I was just talking to my mates trying to sort a trip to Antur Stiniog out. I will get a pic from the top of there and try again

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Gorlech loop in Brechfa today for the first outing on the 7.0. Absolutely fantastic. Only about 20km but had big surgery about 8 months ago and it was enough for my first ebike ride today. It was the descents that tired me though. Climbs so easy. Been lucky enough to own a few decent bikes like a stumpjumper, reign, Lapierre Spicy 516 over the years but this Canyon felt the best by far to me. So easy to hop on the descents. Geometry seems spot on. Bike really solid. Suspension superb. No really technical climbs on the loop but it flew up every trail easily. Used trail for nearly all of it and it only dropped 2 bars on the battery. Boost is like being towed up. I did put my own Atlas 35mm stem on and it did feel like the longer reach might be better. Possibly swap it back. Saddle can go back another 10mm but I was sat right at the very back of it.

Maybe easily pleased but honestly couldn't be happier with the bike. Highly recommend.
Glad you enjoyed it. I sent my seat post off today so I won't be out this weekend. Hopefully it's back by next. £11 to post it ? but it's garenteed to arrive at Canyon tomorrow so we will see how long it takes. Could be interesting

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Glad you enjoyed it. I sent my seat post off today so I won't be out this weekend. Hopefully it's back by next. £11 to post it ? but it's garenteed to arrive at Canyon tomorrow so we will see how long it takes. Could be interesting

Recognised the photo straight away. Hope they use the Canyons in loads more of their vids now.

Outside chance they'll dispatch a new one tomorrow? Good weather Sunday apparently. Was it easy getting enough cable slack through? Think it's sleeved as it's disappears by the side of the motor.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Recognised the photo straight away. Hope they use the Canyons in loads more of their vids now.

Outside chance they'll dispatch a new one tomorrow? Good weather Sunday apparently. Was it easy getting enough cable slack through? Think it's sleeved as it's disappears by the side of the motor.
It's sleeved yeah, if you loosen the cable clamps at the side of the battery you can twist the handlebars and get enough slack.

In the email they sent me they said they would have to send it off to the manufacturer to be inspected so I can't see it happening before this weekend. I could be wrong though

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
It's sleeved yeah, if you loosen the cable clamps at the side of the battery you can twist the handlebars and get enough slack.

In the email they sent me they said they would have to send it off to the manufacturer to be inspected so I can't see it happening before this weekend. I could be wrong though

Annoying. Think the cable routing is pretty good. At least we don't have to drop the motor out.

Antur Stiniog a proper downhill park? Uplift only?

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Annoying. Think the cable routing is pretty good. At least we don't have to drop the motor out.

Antur Stiniog a proper downhill park? Uplift only?
Yeah. Should test the bike ?

I was watching my old video before from the days before gimbals and hypersmooth. One of the best days I've had on my bike. Took my mate on my old bike who has barely any experience

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Yeah. Should test the bike ?

I was watching my old video before from the days before gimbals and hypersmooth. One of the best days I've had on my bike. Took my mate on my old bike who has barely any experience

Loving Diggers jumping technique!!! Fair play he gets some air though.

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Hi @rmh1009
Are you based close to Brechfa/Abergorlech? If you are and would like me to show you some of the local off piste trails let me know when you are thinking of returning.

From Pembroke I am mate so Brechfa is the nearest decent place to me. Thanks for the offer. Take you up on it sometime. Usually do the Gorlech and and add in the Spooky Woods but with the ebike now could do way more. Raven is pretty good as well. Much else around there?

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
From Pembroke I am mate so Brechfa is the nearest decent place to me. Thanks for the offer. Take you up on it sometime. Usually do the Gorlech and and add in the Spooky Woods but with the ebike now could do way more. Raven is pretty good as well. Much else around there?
Yes, quite a few local trails and some of them are very challenging to ride as they are steep, lumpy, technical and will really test your balance skill set. Fun and a very different riding experience.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Loving Diggers jumping technique!!! Fair play he gets some air though.
To be fair to him had no previous experience of MTB other than riding around my local park and he was on my 120mm travel trail bike at a downhill park.

I had 1 run down on it and crashed ? lovely bike, it just wasn't made for that sort of riding. Interestingly though that lefty fork from 2013 is still the best fork I've ever used. It was so plush yet sturdy.

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
To be fair to him had no previous experience of MTB other than riding around my local park and he was on my 120mm travel trail bike at a downhill park.

I had 1 run down on it and crashed ? lovely bike, it just wasn't made for that sort of riding. Interestingly though that lefty fork from 2013 is still the best fork I've ever used. It was so plush yet sturdy.

Don’t know what it says about my skills but I thought he did well. Never tried a lefty. Impressive engineering. Strain on the axle when it’s banked over must be pretty high.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
So I sent the seat post off a week ago. Got confirmation from canyon that they had received it the following day.

Emailed them yesterday for an update, just asking for more information such as whether the supplier was in the UK or what is the estimated turn around.

Got this reply today:
Dear Jonathan

Thank you for your email.

Your part was posted to manufacturer on 5 th that is including 2 days of weekend. I have checked with them unfortunately they did not inspect the part so far, but they are planing to do so asap.
I will inform you as soon as we get info back.

Kind regards,

Raf

Service Centre

Unlikely to have it for this weekend coming then :(

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
So I sent the seat post off a week ago. Got confirmation from canyon that they had received it the following day.

Emailed them yesterday for an update, just asking for more information such as whether the supplier was in the UK or what is the estimated turn around.

Got this reply today:
Dear Jonathan

Thank you for your email.

Your part was posted to manufacturer on 5 th that is including 2 days of weekend. I have checked with them unfortunately they did not inspect the part so far, but they are planing to do so asap.
I will inform you as soon as we get info back.

Kind regards,

Raf

Service Centre

Unlikely to have it for this weekend coming then :(

Pretty crap then. I'd batter them with emails and explain you've already been compensated once for poor service.

Justchillin

Aug 28, 2018
Derby
I have the 7.0 and apart from carbon renthal bars a hope 50mm stem which does help speed the steering up, its standard and i’m blown away how good it is ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles