Official Canyon EMTB Thread

Justchillin

Aug 28, 2018
Derby
I have a peartune dongle on my 7.0 and tried to download the latest 4.6 software ?☹️Ended up having to take the peartune off so it would download.

Jojo10

Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Hello @Justchillin

I also had a peartune on mine as well.
Send it back again because at slow speed the motor had interrupts due to the reduces (halfed;-)) rpm count. Not usable.

Bye

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
And there's a USB port somewhere? Guessing that's E7000 only?
I think the USB port has nothing to do with E7000 or E8000 it can be done for either... There are no 'exclusive features' in the E7000 the bits and pieces that were introduced are compatible with the E8000 too. The EW-EN100 junction box is needed to the E7000 for Bluetooth connectivity - which is built into the E8000 display - but also, you can get rid of the display on both and use the EN100 instead.

Pieter

Nov 12, 2018
Netherlands
Hello Canyon riders, how does the emtb Canyon like in general? Are there riders who have experience with Bosch cx? And is the Shimano E8000 really such a big difference? Find the Canyon Spectral On 7.0 a very nice bike, but I am reluctant to order it because I buy the bike directly at Canyon without a dealer. Is this wise? Decisions decisions. Doubt now between the Canyon 7.0 and Trek Powerfly LT 7 plus, and the new Turbo Levo. In any case, I'm going with the Trek and the Levo test drive unfortunately I can not do this with the Canyon ...... But maybe there are riders who have these experiences.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Hello Canyon riders, how does the emtb Canyon like in general? Are there riders who have experience with Bosch cx? And is the Shimano E8000 really such a big difference? Find the Canyon Spectral On 7.0 a very nice bike, but I am reluctant to order it because I buy the bike directly at Canyon without a dealer. Is this wise? Decisions decisions. Doubt now between the Canyon 7.0 and Trek Powerfly LT 7 plus, and the new Turbo Levo. In any case, I'm going with the Trek and the Levo test drive unfortunately I can not do this with the Canyon ...... But maybe there are riders who have these experiences.
The Canyon is an amazing bike. I have ridden the Shimano motor and Bosch CX to be honest there isn't a lot of difference. The Bosch has emtb mode which is nice other than that they are very similar in power and range. The Shimano is just lighter and smaller so the bikes feel more like normal bikes.

Obvious downside of canyon is having to send off parts for warranty and generally poor support / customer service in my opinion.

Pieter

Nov 12, 2018
Netherlands
The Canyon is an amazing bike. I have ridden the Shimano motor and Bosch CX to be honest there isn't a lot of difference. The Bosch has emtb mode which is nice other than that they are very similar in power and range. The Shimano is just lighter and smaller so the bikes feel more like normal bikes.

Obvious downside of canyon is having to send off parts for warranty and generally poor support / customer service in my opinion.
Thx for your reply!

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
It is a little strange how canyon won’t let dealers sell their bikes?! Would ultimately sell more and get them a better rep. Pure profit driven I suppose cutting out the middle man

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
It is a little strange how canyon won’t let dealers sell their bikes?! Would ultimately sell more and get them a better rep. Pure profit driven I suppose cutting out the middle man

Think the savings from direct to customer are passed onto the buyers myself. Value for your money is incredible compared to most other bikes. Spec on my 7.0 is better than bikes that cost £2k more. Sell through a dealer and price goes up. Or spec goes down.

Have only tried the Shimano motor but I think it works great. Trail mode is perfect. From what I've read the Bosch is really good and reliable but built like a tank, Shimano seems to be reliable (haven't read of loads of problems) but also smaller and lighter etc and Brose gets great ride reviews but, possibly due to huge numbers of Spesh bikes sold, seems to have a lot of failures. Maybe due to belt drive. Updating software yourself is good with Shimano as well. Nearest Spesh dealer for me a 3 hour round trip.

Maybe one day I'll be cursing Canyon but for now can't fault the bike at all. Definitely buy again.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
I haven’t ridden a Shimano but I have a Bosch cube and you are right, it’s an absolute tank, but built to last. I’ve thrown everything at it over 3k+ miles and it’s never skipped a beat, in all weather. I must admit though I do like the smaller size and weight of the Shimano

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Yes, that's the point of the direct to consumer business model. Canyon, Vitus, Commencal, Rose, YT etc... If you add the middleman prices go up 20-50% and more headache for the brand dealing with the distributors etc.
For me, this model works perfectly (four bikes through the years) but others prefer buying bikes from shops. Nothing's wrong with either...

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Yes, that's the point of the direct to consumer business model. Canyon, Vitus, Commencal, Rose, YT etc... If you add the middleman prices go up 20-50% and more headache for the brand dealing with the distributors etc.
For me, this model works perfectly (four bikes through the years) but others prefer buying bikes from shops. Nothing's wrong with either...
Yep I get that, but Vitus have at least got CRC and Wiggle to push theirs out.

Anyway just had an update from Canyon who have stated a delay to their new Emtb launch of 2 - 3 month (early 2019) but also confirmed the new E bike model as mentioned above. Bit gutting as I was weighing a cayon up against the Vitus.. looking like vitus may have my money now

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018

Anyway just had an update from Canyon who have stated a delay to their new Emtb launch of 2 - 3 month (early 2019) but also confirmed the new E bike model as mentioned above. Bit gutting as I was weighing a cayon up against the Vitus.. looking like vitus may have my money now
Vitus is CRC/Wiggle's in house brand so of course they are pushing them out. :)
As I read there are availability issues with Vitus ebikes too...

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom

Hmm.. not looking to buy until the new year anyway but might just get a Focus jam2 instead or a trek powerfly and get local dealership with Evans.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles