Derby
7AFE0D6D-7845-4CB0-8B68-8B23CF6DA2F8.jpeg
7AFE0D6D-7845-4CB0-8B68-8B23CF6DA2F8.jpeg

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Update from canyon:

Hi Jonathan,

Your seatpost has arrived back from the manufacturer. The post has been rebuilt with a new pressure stick, seals and clamp on it and it is back in full working order. I have sent that out to you with UPS. The tracking number for that is 1Z1EV9299198352998, and it should arrive with you tomorrow.

I have forwarded the order through to our sales team as a matter of urgency and they will put that through for you.

Thanks,

Matt
Service Centre

Since I had no bike this weekend I finally went through the canyon shop and got a list together for my compensation order.

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Update from canyon:

Hi Jonathan,

Your seatpost has arrived back from the manufacturer. The post has been rebuilt with a new pressure stick, seals and clamp on it and it is back in full working order. I have sent that out to you with UPS. The tracking number for that is 1Z1EV9299198352998, and it should arrive with you tomorrow.

I have forwarded the order through to our sales team as a matter of urgency and they will put that through for you.

Thanks,

Matt
Service Centre

Since I had no bike this weekend I finally went through the canyon shop and got a list together for my compensation order.

Back out this weekend then mate. What you ordering?

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Back out this weekend then mate. What you ordering?
Hopefully. The problem is that I'm on call in work for the next 2 weekends. Maybe some local rides.

Ordered poc air 2.0 long knee pads, some fox shorts, gloves, IXS protective undershorts and a few small tools that I've been missing. Chain wear indicator etc

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
I didn't know what to do with myself this weekend. I got a friend to make a little cartoon version of me on my bike and played with Adobe after effects to create a little video intro to my YouTube videos.
Clansey_Bike_Transparent.png

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Hopefully. The problem is that I'm on call in work for the next 2 weekends. Maybe some local rides.

Ordered poc air 2.0 long knee pads, some fox shorts, gloves, IXS protective undershorts and a few small tools that I've been missing. Chain wear indicator etc

Stupid life getting the way of biking eh.

POC stuff nice. I use the IXS pads. Good for all day use. Haven't had a major rock garden mess up to test them yet. Chain wear definite for ebikes. You going by the 0.5?

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Still no sign of my seat post ? I've emailed them for an update again as tracking shows it's still in Germany despite them saying it should of been with me on Tuesday. I've got slight PTSD from the bike being stuck in a German warehouse ?

Really hoping it arrives today or tomorrow. We have a ride planned on Sunday. I'm missing the last of the good weather

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Still no sign of my seat post ? I've emailed them for an update again as tracking shows it's still in Germany despite them saying it should of been with me on Tuesday. I've got slight PTSD from the bike being stuck in a German warehouse ?

Really hoping it arrives today or tomorrow. We have a ride planned on Sunday. I'm missing the last of the good weather
Quick response from Canyon

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your email. It looks like UPS didn't make the collection on the 15th which has confused things a bit. I will make sure it goes out with UPS today so you should still receive it in time for the weekend.

Thanks,

Matt
Service Centre

Get to know the team and check out James' Staff Picks: po.st/JamesPicks

Canyon Bicycles UK Ltd
Unit 72, Barwell Business Park,
Leatherhead Road,
Chessington,
KT9 2NY

Fingers crossed

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Quick response from Canyon

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your email. It looks like UPS didn't make the collection on the 15th which has confused things a bit. I will make sure it goes out with UPS today so you should still receive it in time for the weekend.

Thanks,

Matt
Service Centre

Get to know the team and check out James' Staff Picks: po.st/JamesPicks

Canyon Bicycles UK Ltd
Unit 72, Barwell Business Park,
Leatherhead Road,
Chessington,
KT9 2NY

Fingers crossed

Cutting it a bit fine. Hope you get it mate.

Used mine today. Mostly trail and some boost but did 27km, 715m climb strava, (1131m on view ranger ?‍♂️) and on the battery diagnostic it's still showing 44km range. Mate used nearly all eco for the same ride and has 52km range.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Cutting it a bit fine. Hope you get it mate.

Used mine today. Mostly trail and some boost but did 27km, 715m climb strava, (1131m on view ranger ?‍♂️) and on the battery diagnostic it's still showing 44km range. Mate used nearly all eco for the same ride and has 52km range.
IMG_20181019_161834.jpg

Got the seat post back yesterday. It was a bit of faff to get it back in. There is basically 0 give in the cable from canyon. They have cut it as short as possible. So if the cable housing is in the wrong position or the barrel adjuster is remotely out, the seat starts to go up on its own.

Finally got it all sorted in the right position. We have booked revolution bike park for next Friday too so that should be an interesting test of man and machine. I'm pretty sure the failing will come from the man ?

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
View attachment 6497
Got the seat post back yesterday. It was a bit of faff to get it back in. There is basically 0 give in the cable from canyon. They have cut it as short as possible. So if the cable housing is in the wrong position or the barrel adjuster is remotely out, the seat starts to go up on its own.

Finally got it all sorted in the right position. We have booked revolution bike park for next Friday too so that should be an interesting test of man and machine. I'm pretty sure the failing will come from the man ?

All working well now then? Is it Antur Stiniog tomorrow?

Should be some good vids coming then.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
All working well now then? Is it Antur Stiniog tomorrow?

Should be some good vids coming then.
All working now yeah, I took my old enduro bike out on Thursday. I certainly appreciate the motor alot more now. Felt like someone was pressing my brakes ?

Not Antur this week no. Should be very soon though. It will be Llandegla or Delamere tomorrow because I'm on call in work. Slightly intimated by Revolution. We will see when we get there ?

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
All working now yeah, I took my old enduro bike out on Thursday. I certainly appreciate the motor alot more now. Felt like someone was pressing my brakes ?

Not Antur this week no. Should be very soon though. It will be Llandegla or Delamere tomorrow because I'm on call in work. Slightly intimated by Revolution. We will see when we get there ?

Just watched vid of revolution on YouTube. ? Looks great. At and beyond my limit for jumps. Far side looks fantastic for speed though. More my thing.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Just watched vid of revolution on YouTube. ? Looks great. At and beyond my limit for jumps. Far side looks fantastic for speed though. More my thing.
I imagine it's going to be a lot more gnarly than it looks on GoPro's. Either way should be fun. You'll get to see me suck and potentially a few good crashes which should be fun

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool

that video isn't the best quality but it shows a lot more of how steep and rough Revs is, most videos smooth it out

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Not sure if anyone has seen the posts about crap getting into the Brose motors but thought I’d check the Shimano over yesterday. Took the bottom cover off and a bit muddy and some pine needles but nothing much and even if it got really bad I can’t see where or how it could get in from there to affect the motor. Took the non drive side cover off and it was spotless in there around the terminals etc. Seems well protected by Canyon. I know we’ll end up with some motor issues but feeling pretty happy with the Shimano motor right now. Trail mode works really for me, never feel it needs more power or torque and noise doesn’t bother me at all. Easy to update as well.

One thing I did notice was the rear axle had worked it’s way loose a bit. Last rear through axles I’ve had have been same design as front. Spin it in and then lift the lever over to tension it and they never slackened off for me. I’ll be checking this design before each ride now and during it for a while I expect. I’d checked the torque on every bolt before last ride but hadn’t thought about one of the most obvious ones. ?

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Not sure if anyone has seen the posts about crap getting into the Brose motors but thought I’d check the Shimano over yesterday. Took the bottom cover off and a bit muddy and some pine needles but nothing much and even if it got really bad I can’t see where or how it could get in from there to affect the motor. Took the non drive side cover off and it was spotless in there around the terminals etc. Seems well protected by Canyon. I know we’ll end up with some motor issues but feeling pretty happy with the Shimano motor right now. Trail mode works really for me, never feel it needs more power or torque and noise doesn’t bother me at all. Easy to update as well.

One thing I did notice was the rear axle had worked it’s way loose a bit. Last rear through axles I’ve had have been same design as front. Spin it in and then lift the lever over to tension it and they never slackened off for me. I’ll be checking this design before each ride now and during it for a while I expect. I’d checked the torque on every bolt before last ride but hadn’t thought about one of the most obvious ones. ?
I'll have to check mine before Revolution Bike Park on Thursday. I noticed a few loose spokes last week and tightened those up.

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
Day out in the Peak District today, what an amazing day and massive test for the bike, took a right hammering today was expecting things to shake loose but just given it the once over and everything’s fine. should have probably put a bit more air in forks and shock as they were bottoming out on some of the rough stuff but apart from that can’t complain.
Started off at stannage edge before heading to Hope and tackling blakey haigh (also known as potato alley i believe for the amount of potato sized boulders it throws up when you plough through it) then on to lockerbrook farm decent (gores edge) then ladybower then finally derwent to cut throat bridge descent.
Ive no idea the distance or climbing metres covered as i forgot to start the activity tracker on my watch.
Ive never experienced mountain biking like this before, it’s all been man made trail centres, this was a real eye opener, the most frightened i’ve ever been on a bike - i’m buzzing, the descents are absolutely bonkers flying down at breakneck speeds holding on for dear life and hoping you have picked a good line.
I can’t wait to get back and try some more, there’s no way i could have done this on a standard mtb i’m just not fit enough for the punishing climbs, fair play to anyone who can, my mate i went with who showed me round just about managed on his alpine 6 apart from one very small section but he is a fit guy, we swapped bikes for one of the smaller climbs, i was pushing his from halfway up, he was waiting at the top saying you could climb on this with a fag and can of stella in one hand !
Potential for a forum ride out maybe?
Anyway here are some tame photos i took after checking my pants for skidmarks
9AFCA199-281E-4F5F-B469-9F654BA46D31.jpeg
7543B502-450C-4B96-A5DB-30722B6BC267.jpeg
3F380BFD-A40D-4F96-9363-F1022233D0B5.jpeg
24740891-AFAF-4B2A-9E80-235558163489.jpeg
A66A0FAA-4D49-4E48-95AC-08DC81DD899F.jpeg
06B8BF9D-AB00-4029-964B-B659222461CB.jpeg

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
Looks good mate. I would be up for a group ride at some point.

@dwr budr how did the battery last up there? Did you have to use eco a lot?

used a combination really, had never been before but was aware there was a lot of climbing so was trying to manage the battery from the start turning the motor off on flat and descents but not so much as i was knackering myself up, as we plopped out the last decent onto the road i had 2 bars left so i put it in boost for the road ride back into hope thinking i would flatten it but it didn’t drop another bar.
So i’d say you’re good for a full day as long as you don’t blast round everywhere in boost.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
used a combination really, had never been before but was aware there was a lot of climbing so was trying to manage the battery from the start turning the motor off on flat and descents but not so much as i was knackering myself up, as we plopped out the last decent onto the road i had 2 bars left so i put it in boost for the road ride back into hope thinking i would flatten it but it didn’t drop another bar.
So i’d say you’re good for a full day as long as you don’t blast round everywhere in boost.
Cheers. I took mine to Llandegla at the weekend and done the whole of the black which is about 15miles I think and still had 2 bars left. Then I blasted through the 2 bars in the skills zone.

We're going to Revolution Bike Park tomorrow. I'll take my GoPro with me but my graphics card on my computer packed in a few days ago so I won't be able to make a video until it's warranty repaired

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Day out in the Peak District today, what an amazing day and massive test for the bike, took a right hammering today was expecting things to shake loose but just given it the once over and everything’s fine. should have probably put a bit more air in forks and shock as they were bottoming out on some of the rough stuff but apart from that can’t complain.
Started off at stannage edge before heading to Hope and tackling blakey haigh (also known as potato alley i believe for the amount of potato sized boulders it throws up when you plough through it) then on to lockerbrook farm decent (gores edge) then ladybower then finally derwent to cut throat bridge descent.
Ive no idea the distance or climbing metres covered as i forgot to start the activity tracker on my watch.
Ive never experienced mountain biking like this before, it’s all been man made trail centres, this was a real eye opener, the most frightened i’ve ever been on a bike - i’m buzzing, the descents are absolutely bonkers flying down at breakneck speeds holding on for dear life and hoping you have picked a good line.
I can’t wait to get back and try some more, there’s no way i could have done this on a standard mtb i’m just not fit enough for the punishing climbs, fair play to anyone who can, my mate i went with who showed me round just about managed on his alpine 6 apart from one very small section but he is a fit guy, we swapped bikes for one of the smaller climbs, i was pushing his from halfway up, he was waiting at the top saying you could climb on this with a fag and can of stella in one hand !
Potential for a forum ride out maybe?
Anyway here are some tame photos i took after checking my pants for skidmarks View attachment 6739 View attachment 6740 View attachment 6741 View attachment 6742 View attachment 6743 View attachment 6744

Cracking photos mate. Peaks and the lakes definitely places I want to venture to at some point. Bit far but combine it with a family holiday or something one day.

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
went back today did the exact same route although it was windier / colder / muddier and the rider not as fresh from yesterday so only had 1 bar left, covered 37km climbed 900 metres, still can’t get over some of the descents, if you stopped to look how steep and loose they are you would probably have second thoughts.
Only downside was me having a little crash in the car on the way there and running into the back of a Landrover ffs

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
went back today did the exact same route although it was windier / colder / muddier and the rider not as fresh from yesterday so only had 1 bar left, covered 37km climbed 900 metres, still can’t get over some of the descents, if you stopped to look how steep and loose they are you would probably have second thoughts.
Only downside was me having a little crash in the car on the way there and running into the back of a Landrover ffs
:rolleyes:, we went to Revolution. Sadly no GoPro footage as it was pissing down and unbelievably muddy. The bike handled everything thrown at it and some of it was incredibly rough. What a day though. Definitely be going back, ideally when it's dry
MVIMG_20181026_164057.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles