Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

Kinger

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver, BC
S3:
DFC11D9D-ACDD-436E-B843-86EFD2BEECBA.jpeg F0697F73-950E-45DB-B81E-4CEC728AAA32.jpeg
I’m 175 cm tall with short(ish) legs.
So lucky that the bike is perfect fit. Any shorter and the slammed dropper would need to be replaced with a OneUp.

One issue so far just with riding up my back alley (setting up the suspension) is that the Roval rear hub was making a nasty sound from jumping pawls over teeth (pretty sure) - so I removed the cassette and freehub body.
Cleaned / greased and reassembled.
also torqued everything to spec.
So far, so good but the quality in these wheels is suspect.
(I’ll be swapping my WeAreOne Carbon wheels over this weekend anyway).

This bike is dreams!

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Yep I’m going to go with S3 as S4 will be too big . This is my Levo SL but the seat post is raised for my missis and I’m about 2cm shorter on this setting as this dropper goes all the way into the seat tube and my missis even though 5’9 has longer legs than me . The stack height (collar) on the AXS dropper is huge compared to the one up 150mm as it’s the shortest stack seatpost out there at the moment . The medium frame on the Levo SL was to short for me so had to gamble which worked With the one up post but would love to use my fox factory 150 on the KSL .
I have to lower the seat post by 10mm for my feet to touch the ground .

thanks Alex & Christian.
If you are not already there I have a Facebook group Levo SL & Kenevo SL owners group .. got a few good people in there with lots of knowledge , just not enough guys with KSL yet .
There is also a standalone group which is new too .

View attachment 62659
100% S3, I came from a large Levo SL and this bike has the same feel just with a longer wheels base.
Just came back from a lockdown ride around the creek trails and man it’s a beast. That rear end is as advertised. My local downhill stair case test became a ramp it was that smooth.

I can’t wait for some real trails
B93E7FF3-7561-4BC0-A111-EF61440CBF31.jpeg
!
5EFFE293-FD47-49E1-899D-2F84E7CEE1F5.jpeg

h.grenade

Feb 13, 2021
PNW
@Christian Oh that looks dope. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to dual crown this bike! Also you would be proud I only used eco mode today :p

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Thanks mate, I had to wait 12 days to get it painted and I thought I was going to die.
I’m really happy with it! We just went into another lockdown the same day I got it back so I can not wait to ride it proper.

and good for you, need for big power! Build those legs up!

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
@zimmerframe good point re. paint / warranty. Actually more concerned about failing head tube than warranty - either stanchion strikes in a crash or just more force on the head tube. Also a warranty claim through Spesh right now is a 4-6 month affair. If you want to keep riding you’ll be buying another frame anyway (don’t ask how I know this :).

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
@zimmerframe good point re. paint / warranty. Actually more concerned about failing head tube than warranty - either stanchion strikes in a crash or just more force on the head tube. Also a warranty claim through Spesh right now is a 4-6 month affair. If you want to keep riding you’ll be buying another frame anyway (don’t ask how I know this :).
I know @Christian has a second frame on the way anyway ..

Supply issues at the moment aren't good globally for anything unfortunately. You could argue a double crown spreads the leverage forces more consistently between two points so is actually easier on a frame ?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
@christian mind blown. At 6’4 230lbs the dual crown looks dreamy. Is the frame rated for it??
l’ve ran the dual crown on 3 ebikes bikes now and no problems at all. The way I see it is there are two points of bracing at the top and bottom to share the load. If anything I think it’s better than a single crown for that reason. That’s how I justify it anyway. The travel change is only 10mm more so that should be within their 10%
As for warranty yes it’s true apparently I have voided the warranty because I didn’t use an authorised painter. It was just a rub back and blend, no exposed carbon so it should still be warrantied. I have bike insurance anyway so I’m fully covered regardless.

Last edited:

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I know @Christian has a second frame on the way anyway ..

Supply issues at the moment aren't good globally for anything unfortunately. You could argue a double crown spreads the leverage forces more consistently between two points so is actually easier on a frame ?
I just cancelled that order as I am in love with the grey now. I almost was going to just buy it and hang it up on the wall but I felt like that’s being selfish and bad karma. Someone else deserves the joy of having this bike.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
The issue isn't leverage its when you crash and the stoppers hit the frame. The frame needs to be strong from the sides. The forces are huge. You should see what it did my alu frame.
Yeah makes sense. Well I have dual rubbers and lined them up on the bottom of the down tube. When that fails I have insurance.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I'd get 3 put on and maybe some impact rubber for the frame to spread the load. The rubbers are as much of a problem as anything else. You need to spread the force over a big area or those rubbers are like bullets hitting small surface area of the frame
Well I had no issues with the Levo SL so I think this one will be fine. Like I said my insurance will cover it so all good. ?

AlexEMTB

Feb 5, 2020
Santa Monica
100% S3, I came from a large Levo SL and this bike has the same feel just with a longer wheels base.
Just came back from a lockdown ride around the creek trails and man it’s a beast. That rear end is as advertised. My local downhill stair case test became a ramp it was that smooth.

I can’t wait for some real trails View attachment 62675 ! View attachment 62674
Amazing spec! I look at this and think, this is what I thought the Kenevo SL would have been. Kenevo and a dual crown fork is what has come to define what it is. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Kenevo but can't help but wonder what it would be like with this set up - of course the motor would have then needed 10-20Nm of added torque to deal with the weight.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
On a separate note, does anyone know how to reset some TCU data like riding time, calories etc?

Snoman

Apr 13, 2021
British Columbia
S3:

I’m 175 cm tall with short(ish) legs.

I am 170cm with 30" inseam legs. I felt that an Enduro S2 was to small so i ordered a S3 Kenevo SL. Now seeing a number of comments on how big the bike actually fits i am wondering if i should have ordered an S2 Kenevo SL. Any thoughts from peoples experience?

AlexEMTB

Feb 5, 2020
Santa Monica
I am 170cm with 30" inseam legs. I felt that an Enduro S2 was to small so i ordered a S3 Kenevo SL. Now seeing a number of comments on how big the bike actually fits i am wondering if i should have ordered an S2 Kenevo SL. Any thoughts from peoples experience?
I'm 177 cm and the S2 fits perfectly. If you can make a switch, I highly recommend it.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Don't worry, take a look of this. Quite similar Enduro S3 and Kenovo SL S3

Kinger

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver, BC
You might be bang on. my Inseam is 30”
I ordered a OneUp 150mm dropper to get the seat a bit lower on descents, but honestly, the slammed stock dropper position and max extension is actually perfect for me.
You can also go with a little thicker profile pedal. I’m using OneUp and they’re really low profile.
It also come stock with a 50mm stem, so you can play with that too.

I bet you’ll love the S3.

Last edited:

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
I rode S3 and tad long for me. I ordered S2. BTW - I am 5’8”. The owner of my LBS is about 5’9”/5’10 and he rode S3 for a month before its release and he will be getting S2 as well.

michaeldorian

Jul 25, 2018
California
I rode S3 and tad long for me. I ordered S2. BTW - I am 5’8”. The owner of my LBS is about 5’9”/5’10 and he rode S3 for a month before its release and he will be getting S2 as well.

I ride an S3 Enduro and really like it. Hope I didn’t mess up and blindly buy the wrong size. Have an S3 Kenevo frame on order. 5’6.5”. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles