Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
My guess is that it comes with a cheaper Sram transmission. NX maybe and it is heavy. Also, the brakes are probably Code's cheapest and heaviest.
I immediately switch to Shimano and the weight saving is in the 2 pound range

AlexEMTB

Feb 5, 2020
Santa Monica
I mean you get 240 watts of power. That’s like having my legs pedaling for you. With chicks that ride it (not fattys) they are like rockets on the SL and I’m not even close on the ups. I think for sure you’d love it. Basically what the SL does for me is it’s 3-4 gears faster than my normal bike at same cadence. So yes faster when same energy is exerted(technically less energy because the shortened duration).

these are amazing machines unless you’re just simply fucking a lazy POS.
When you get the cadence up, I’ll confirm the SL does fly. I used to have a Kenevo and it wasn’t much faster when things got really steep. That’s difficult for any bike.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yeah. But I think realistically the mean of biking skill and fitness on this forum is 90% of the members are in the bottom 20% of skill/fitness for sure, there are a grip of very skilled dudes who just are aging smartly here as well but statistically speaking the ones who ask questions are not able to answer their own questions from their own experience. 240watts is more than enough for anyone who’s fit and it’s perfect to get you fit.

The K SL is really the perfect all around bike it’s just lazy fatties always keep trying to bring it down because they’ve lost too mush passion to feel alive in life. Or likely never have been alive.

Christ what a load of horseshit! That’s extremely derogatory to the members on here.

A lot of us go for a full fat because it offers a different riding experience, if anything the SL is for the lazy guys as why wouldn’t you just buy an Enduro if you’re are even remotely fit and want the best riding bike?

In fact you could argue the issue with the SL, Is whats the point in buying it over the Enduro, which is going to be more fun at half the price. All the motor is doing is giving a bit of help, which to me is pointless on an EMTB as it’s not giving much of a difference to being on a normal bike except you can be lazier.

So really you could say that the SL is for those who are too lazy to buy an enduro, or an Enduro for lazy fatties as you so nicely put it ?

It’s great that their are so many different flavours of EMTB now, but fitness plays a lot less of a factor in buying them than you might think

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I get the point you where making, for me the Kenevo SL is going to be an amazing bike if you ride the right terrain, but a bit pointless if you don’t.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I get the point you where making, for me the Kenevo SL is going to be an amazing bike if you ride the right terrain, but a bit pointless if you don’t.

FA63536D-2356-44BB-83DE-928E20B76551.gif

Bbgunassassin

Feb 28, 2021
California

This is true. In So Cal I feel the kenevo wont be as much fun as say an updated Levo Sl which will be as the enduro is to the Kenevo, the stump jumper evo will most likely be to a new levo sl. However, when you break into real DH territory at places like mammoth and gnarstar the kenevo will shine... Although the lifts make having the help of motor in your bike moot. The advantage of being able to have a bike to explore those off mountain trails would be huge especially if your only there for short windows of time and you want to cover the most ground while still having an awesome handling whip. Imagine the kenevo sl ripping whistler one day and being able to explore the epic riding outside of the bike parks like squamish, pemberton.... oh lord of the squirrels... open boarder open...

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Today I tested the Levo SL for the first time in the terrain where I usually ride. Test lenght was about 2 hours. Eco alone did well most of the time. About 20 km of loop and battery wore almost none.

The purpose of the test was to experience how Kenovo SL might work. I think it works almost the same and even better when you have longer suspension reserve and angles can be adjusted. The loop was very rocky and had many large roots.

Engine power was just right for me. Although there wasn't much vertical, there were still Trail and Turbo modes left in the reserve.

Last edited:

AlexEMTB

Feb 5, 2020
Santa Monica
Today I tested the Levo SL for the first time in the terrain where I usually ride. Test lenght was about 2 hours. Eco alone did well most of the time. About 20 km of loop and battery wore almost none.

The purpose of the test was to experience how Kenovo SL might work. I think almost the same and even better when you have longer suspension reserve and angles can be adjusted. The loop was very rocky and had many large roots.

Engine power was just right for me. Although there wasn't much vertical, there were still Trail and Turbo mods left in the reserve.
If the Levo SL is a filet, the Kenevo SL is a filet with a lobster tail on top.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Thank you! It's like the SL has grown up and matured to the next level. Super stable, plush and composed. Can't imagine having any other bike in the stable.
what size did you get and how tall are you ? im 177cm and thinking of getting the S4 ,as i think S3 is to small and may feel cramped , but then 485 reach on S4 then a 35mm stem may work .

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
can some body who has this bike measure from the floor to the top of the seat rails when slammed (seat post as far as it can go down and the dropper compressed) please .. i dont want to make a mistake . ive got a large levo SL to go by comparison . for my short arse legs but large torso .. i had to go with a one up dropper so when seat post is slammed my feet can touch the floor flat on the ground . reach is ok but could be a tad longer . so in theory im in between S3 & S4 ..

AlexEMTB

Feb 5, 2020
Santa Monica
what size did you get and how tall are you ? im 177cm and thinking of getting the S4 ,as i think S3 is to small and may feel cramped , but then 485 reach on S4 then a 35mm stem may work .
I’m 5’10 and got an S2. Perfect size. I highly recommend watching the YouTube channel Joy of Bike video about bike sizing. It will blow your mind.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
can some body who has this bike measure from the floor to the top of the seat rails when slammed (seat post as far as it can go down and the dropper compressed) please .. i dont want to make a mistake . ive got a large levo SL to go by comparison . for my short arse legs but large torso .. i had to go with a one up dropper so when seat post is slammed my feet can touch the floor flat on the ground . reach is ok but could be a tad longer . so in theory im in between S3 & S4 ..

820mm with the AXS 150mm seat which is around 40mm shorter the stock seat.
Bikes an S3 and I’m 5’10, S4 would be too big.
8E1528DA-3DCF-4C3E-8759-8F1233F91D8C.jpeg

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
820mm with the AXS 150mm seat which is around 40mm shorter the stock seat.
Bikes an S3 and I’m 5’10, S4 would be too big.
View attachment 62657
Yep I’m going to go with S3 as S4 will be too big . This is my Levo SL but the seat post is raised for my missis and I’m about 2cm shorter on this setting as this dropper goes all the way into the seat tube and my missis even though 5’9 has longer legs than me . The stack height (collar) on the AXS dropper is huge compared to the one up 150mm as it’s the shortest stack seatpost out there at the moment . The medium frame on the Levo SL was to short for me so had to gamble which worked With the one up post but would love to use my fox factory 150 on the KSL .
I have to lower the seat post by 10mm for my feet to touch the ground .

thanks Alex & Christian.
If you are not already there I have a Facebook group Levo SL & Kenevo SL owners group .. got a few good people in there with lots of knowledge , just not enough guys with KSL yet .
There is also a standalone group which is new too .

B3BCC31E-CCB3-4CD3-9FB5-DE49C4486C3E.jpeg

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
I still recommend watching the Joy of Bike video.
wow great video .. S4 will be massive on me and will be a slog to control . damn all those points about pumping the bike and lifting it to jump .. haha making me think i need a longer bike .. when hes balancing on the bike and hos fists are behind the grips ... need to do this with my levo sl ..

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I have an S4 coming on Saturday. 6'1" . Currently on an XL SL . SL feels good with seat slid fwd on rails. maybe a tad long in ETT. KSL will be a bit better there

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
ive just done my rad on my Levo SL and according to the videos i just watched (joy of bike) my rad is 85cm making my SL , 2cm over .so its S3 for me wit 35cm stem .. ive got 50cm on my levo sl .

AlexEMTB

Feb 5, 2020
Santa Monica
ive just done my rad on my Levo SL and according to the videos i just watched (joy of bike) my rad is 85cm making my SL , 2cm over .so its S3 for me wit 35cm stem .. ive got 50cm on my levo sl .
Good call and happy to help. 2cm over is a lot. I think the S3 will be your sweet spot. When you get the right size, it changes everything. Your arms won't be tired from all that weight on them and most importantly, you'll have balance on the bike which is a little helpful for jumps ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles