O2Feel Karma & Customer care

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It is with great jealousy I read the post about great Thok Mig customer care !

I bought a Karma HT + XT from O2feel.

You can buy the O2Feel Karma on-line directly or through some shops.

I bought mine through a shop in an attempt to help support my local bike shop...

I really like the bike, it looks great and it's a great riding experience especially for a newby to the world of mountain bikes, well, for me it is :)

Unfortunately, it's let down by some minor issues. For instance it's advertised as with tubeless ready wheels and tyres. They're not.

The bike shop I purchased the bike from wouldn't change it to tubeless until I bought Tubeless ready tyres. So I did. Only to be told the wheels weren't tubeless ready. I ended up apologising after sealant went everywhere because of my bikes crappy wheels - which he sold me - weren't tubeless ready.... 2 months down the line after one more attempt and him contacting O2Feel with no response, I gave up and I've done it myself with the help of a friend using the "flap" method, which works faultlessly and now I don't get a pinch flat on every ride.

The XT model has an XT derailleur, but not the M786 with the clutch. There's also no chain guide on the Shimano motor. A combination of these two decisions means the chain falls off every time you go over 20kph on bumpy ground, which gets incredibly frustrating, especially when it gets trapped behind the chainwheel. Now fixed with a chain guide and an M786, though I think either one of those would have solved the problem.

However, the biggest problem is that there is ZERO customer support.

The only reply I've ever received was whilst I was waiting for the bike to come and enquired about any tips for fitting an internally routed dropper post. I was informed to take it back the shop as they'd have the special tools necessary. The bike came, I asked, they didn't have the tools. So I ended up routing through the frame and round the outside of the motor but under the motor guard.

Sadly, none of my other enquiries have received any responses. The latest, to ask if I can buy a derailleur hanger and the screw which holds it in place. The hanger so I have a spare, the screw because it came back from having new brake pads with the screw missing. The shops response was a shrug and it's not necessary ...

It's nice to look at, but if you only want to look at one, buy a picture.

So the Karma comes Highly not recommended unless you don't care about any kind of after sales service and have a nice milling machine to make spare parts. I really wish I'd bought a Thok !

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles