Northern California riders

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
I'm in the east bay, ride Mt Diablo all the time, not much good riding around here. I ride some good stuff in Arnold, and in the summer, Bear Valley. I raced my non-E xc bike at Folsom in January. I would like to take my ebike (Sworks Turbo Levo) on the same trails I raced in January.

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
i got up to bear last summer. very cool. olympic! the slab, but i had pedaled around lake alpine and used too much energy. can't wait to get up there again. i want to to arnold loop too. this summer for sure! no fun places to ride in the east bay? try briones from the alhambra entrance hit isaacs, bench and hank and franks. joaquin miller in oakland, crockett hills, china camp and tamarancho aren't far either... oh - pleasanton ridge is crazy good also.

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
i got up to bear last summer. very cool. olympic! the slab, but i had pedaled around lake alpine and used too much energy. can't wait to get up there again. i want to to arnold loop too. this summer for sure! no fun places to ride in the east bay? try briones from the alhambra entrance hit isaacs, bench and hank and franks. joaquin miller in oakland, crockett hills, china camp and tamarancho aren't far either... oh - pleasanton ridge is crazy good also.

I just starting riding Pleasanton Ridge this week. 3 times this week, finding some great trails. I am going try Briones this week. Arnold has the Arnold rim trail, the more I ride it the more I like it.

levomon

Dec 12, 2019
United Sates
I'm in Walnut Creek and am looking for ebike riders as there's tons of exploration in this part of the world...30 - 40 mile rides with 5 plus K of climbing are the norm.

Andrie

May 20, 2020
NorCal
I’m in east bay, Concord area, with Orbea wild FS H30. I’m new to mtb so still learning but I’m hook. So out of shape and building up. Done 4 rides to Mt. Diablo this week alone. Getting better each time. If any experts/experienced guys out there willing to let me tag along and learn the ropes, I appreciate it!

TrackRat

May 26, 2020
SchnellerGT981
Recent new addition here in the East Bay. Just picked up a '19 Levo Expert a month or so back. Its been great. Probably has been 10+ years since I had been mountain biking and the EMTB helped me to be able to jump right in with a good group of guys/riders - otherwise would have been 6-12 months of training out from being able to do these climbs!

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
The motor blew after 6 weeks and 600 miles, it's in the shop waiting for a replacement. Once I get a replacement, I will post when I am doing some rides on Lime, Diablo or Pleasanton Ride if anyone wants to go.

Pacific Ryder

May 9, 2020
Northern California
New to the forum.....2020 Turbo Levo Comp located in Marin. There is a good number of seasoned MTB'rs that have recently transitioned to EMTBs in my area. Been riding Big Rock to 680 and all over China Camp and Harry Barbier. 20+ miles and 4K+ climbing is the average around here.

Looking to start exploring more of West Marin.

Andrie

May 20, 2020
NorCal
The motor blew after 6 weeks and 600 miles, it's in the shop waiting for a replacement. Once I get a replacement, I will post when I am doing some rides on Lime, Diablo or Pleasanton Ride if anyone wants to go.
I assume they take care of you under warranty?

and yes. Hit me up!

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
I assume they take care of you under warranty?

and yes. Hit me up!
Yes under warranty, bike is back from the shop, 600 miles and now motor 2, the shop said the new motor has a thicker belt. I bought this bike from Cycle sports in Scotts Valley, this shop is great. They have taken care of me with service. My son works for a local bike shop but I choose to go down there.

datonetti

Jun 9, 2020
Lodi, ca 95240
I’m waiting on delivery of a TREK Rail. Looking forward to meeting the NorCal EMTB crew. I ride Sly Park, Rockville, Granite Bay, Salmon Falls and Santa Cruz mostly. Should be fun on E.

Xerious

Sep 11, 2020
Bay Area, Ca.
Hi everyone

Just joined and purchased a 2019 levo expert. Grew up in the east bay but now live in Tracy. Not much out here from what I can tell. Would Love to hook up with a group doing rides in Pleasanton Ridge or places around the East Bay.

It’s been a long time since I’ve ridden. It’s been more than 10+ years. I used to do rides up in the Tahoe area with a small group. Thanks!

Jessiejames1108

Nov 3, 2020
Sonoma, Ca
I've been riding my YT Decoy 29 around the North Bay (specifically Sonoma? Marin County) since June when I finally got my bike delivered. Anadale State Park is a fun ride, especially since you can pretty much do the entire park on a charge. Jack London State Park has some fun trails with great views as well. I am seeing more and more e bikes out and about especially in Anadale. Skyline (in Napa near the college) has been a lot of fun too but last weekend myself and two friends I was riding with got shit from some dude complaining about us "ebikers on our mopeds" and tried telling us we weren't respecting the trails. Legit screaming and getting in our faces about it. This has been the only conflict I've ever had since I've been on my bike here. I think he was already pissed off and looking for a fight so I will keep going back because I have seen plenty of ebikes there every time I've ridden Skyline. Northstar was a blast while it was open. Really impressed how the bike handled there and cant wait till next spring when it opens again for the season. Oh China camp is also fun but I haven't explored the entire park yet.

If anybody in the area wants to ride let me know I'm always looking for new people to ride with!

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
I've been riding my YT Decoy 29 around the North Bay (specifically Sonoma? Marin County) since June when I finally got my bike delivered. Anadale State Park is a fun ride, especially since you can pretty much do the entire park on a charge. Jack London State Park has some fun trails with great views as well. I am seeing more and more e bikes out and about especially in Anadale. Skyline (in Napa near the college) has been a lot of fun too but last weekend myself and two friends I was riding with got shit from some dude complaining about us "ebikers on our mopeds" and tried telling us we weren't respecting the trails. Legit screaming and getting in our faces about it. This has been the only conflict I've ever had since I've been on my bike here. I think he was already pissed off and looking for a fight so I will keep going back because I have seen plenty of ebikes there every time I've ridden Skyline. Northstar was a blast while it was open. Really impressed how the bike handled there and cant wait till next spring when it opens again for the season. Oh China camp is also fun but I haven't explored the entire park yet.

If anybody in the area wants to ride let me know I'm always looking for new people to ride with!
you should have satisfied his hunger with a knuckle sandwich.

Jessiejames1108

Nov 3, 2020
Sonoma, Ca
you should have satisfied his hunger with a knuckle sandwich.

yeah I was about ready to! I had pulled off the trail a bit and laid the bike down under some trees near a bush to piss and when I was done and starting to ride back off he came around a corner and saw me starting to ride back on to the trail and immediately started yelling about not respecting the trails and causing damage. Shoulda left my bike in the middle of the trail corner he was rounding so he ate shit I guess, what an idiot.

jimslade

Jun 14, 2019
south lake tahoe, ca
NEED YOUR HELP.

the Forest Service's Tahoe Basin Wide Trails plan is proposing to open almost 80 miles of Tahoe Basin trails to class 1 e-bikes. Please submit your comments to the Forest Service by 3/28! Comment here by March 28:
Info: Forest Service
Comments: US Forest Service NEPA Projects Home
the most useful comments provide relevant and new information with detail and rationale. Be specific!
One comment I’ve made beyond support for opening trails to ebikes is asking to keep the Marlette Creek trail open (they are proposing it be decommissioned).

9D540F84-533D-4317-B4B1-A797DCD1E330.jpeg

Last edited:

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
If anyone gets up to "real" Northern California hit me up I typically ride in the Redding Area, a couple of hours north of the Bay area.

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
NEED YOUR HELP.

the Forest Service's Tahoe Basin Wide Trails plan is proposing to open almost 80 miles of Tahoe Basin trails to class 1 e-bikes. Please submit your comments to the Forest Service by 3/28! Comment here by March 28:
Info: Forest Service
Comments: USDA Forest Service - Objection Responses
the most useful comments provide relevant and new information with detail and rationale. Be specific!
One comment I’ve made beyond support for opening trails to ebikes is asking to keep the Marlette Creek trail open (they are proposing it be decommissioned).
Your link does not go to the right place, it goes to a comment area but no documents are there to comment on. I really want to comment on this. As a rider who has a bad Knee I am only able to ride uphill if I have a pedal assist. Might be a good lawsuit based on the disability act??? Also, speed really is not a big factor on Emtb, we are limited, and most of the time we are only faster on the climbs..... I have many strava routes that are done both on EMTB and then on my Acoustic, and there is rarely more than 2mph difference. I also ride with a local group and I am the only EMTB, and many times I have trouble keeping up, especially on the downhills

jimslade

Jun 14, 2019
south lake tahoe, ca
Your link does not go to the right place, it goes to a comment area but no documents are there to comment on. I really want to comment on this. As a rider who has a bad Knee I am only able to ride uphill if I have a pedal assist. Might be a good lawsuit based on the disability act??? Also, speed really is not a big factor on Emtb, we are limited, and most of the time we are only faster on the climbs..... I have many strava routes that are done both on EMTB and then on my Acoustic, and there is rarely more than 2mph difference. I also ride with a local group and I am the only EMTB, and many times I have trouble keeping up, especially on the downhills

Actually I posted a link to the docs (proposal text and maps): Forest Service
and I posted a link directly to the comment form: US Forest Service NEPA Projects Home

you can find the comment form yourself from the docs link i posted (lower right, "Objections"), and you can find the docs from the comment link I posted (upper right, "project overview" and "detail").

Last edited:

PlumpDragon

Apr 6, 2021
Calaveras County
Just jumped onto the e-bike bandwagon, transitioned from an "enduro-bro". Most of my riding is in where I refer to as the golden triangle: Downieville, Tahoe, and Georgetown, with most rides in Auburn. Already have a solid group of e-riders to rip with (we're all e-responsible middle aged adults), and it's always fun to meet other shredders.
Hey i’m new here digging through older threads to find some buddies to ride with, i’m fairly new to the sport and located a little ways south of Tahoe in Calaveras county, what does this “golden triangle” you talked about consist of?

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
Hey i’m new here digging through older threads to find some buddies to ride with, i’m fairly new to the sport and located a little ways south of Tahoe in Calaveras county, what does this “golden triangle” you talked about consist of?
Where are you at in Calaveras, I plan on spending some time in Arnold riding the area and Bear Valley this summer.

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
I’m in the Angels Camp area but make my way up to Arnold often and would like to see what BV has to offer
Angles you have New Melones, more XC and beginner but fun. Arnold rim trail, lots of fun. Bear Valley, the best if you can ride rocks and stuff.
Lake Hogan, haven't been. Drive to La Grange, great stuff.

NorCalLevo

Jan 9, 2020
Redwood City, California
Angles you have New Melones, more XC and beginner but fun. Arnold rim trail, lots of fun. Bear Valley, the best if you can ride rocks and stuff.
Lake Hogan, haven't been. Drive to La Grange, great stuff.
Nice, just got a place in Murphys and am excited to explore. I hit up a trail on Arnold Rim this week and had a good time. I'll look into laGrange

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
Nice, just got a place in Murphys and am excited to explore. I hit up a trail on Arnold Rim this week and had a good time. I'll look into laGrange
Murphys is great. Are you full time or part time? I am part time in Arnold. This weekend there is a mountain bike race in La Grange, Lake McClure, Exchequer Bike Park. In the summer it's very hot there. June, July and August. It's the best in Bear Valley.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles