• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Normal that my E8000 sometimes gives a short yerk/jolt before support sets in?

pegnose

Jun 11, 2019
Berlin, Germany
I don't perfectly know how describe it, I am not a native speaker. Sometimes, but not always, when I step into the pedal, the motor does not start supporting smoothly, but it produces a short yerk or jolt, very non-subtle actually, before it gains traction. The "sometimes" is what worries me. Feels like something is not ok, loose?

My bike is a 2019 Focus Jam2 6.8+ full suspension. I'd like to get a second opinion from you guys before visiting my dealer.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Think they all do it. I put it down to the sprag clutch at the motor chainring being instant engagement, running into the rear wheel hub which may rotate a few degrees before engaging, resulting in the little ‘thump’.

pegnose

Jun 11, 2019
Berlin, Germany
The short travel way before the 'thump' is not completely free running, though, it feels. And this thump is not always there. Can't really say when I notice it and when I don't. But if this is familiar to you from other bikes...

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Yep happens in all assist levels for me. Even eco can be abrupt at times. Depending on cadence speed, gradient. There is no set rule. Eventually you will get use to it and just ignore it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles