Norco's new Sight VLT 29er

Raffe

Mar 2, 2021
Sweden
It has been a game changer for me! I went with the Marzocchi Bomber CR and a Cane Creek progressive coil 550lb-670lb. I’m at 165lbs with gear on and it has been perfect for me. I did go up in spring weight by 25lbs over what is recommended because I prefer a stiffer riding bike but still want the off the top suppleness of the coil feel if that makes sense.

The disadvantage of coil for the Sight VLT 29er will be the the max rider weight due to the leverage ratio of the shock and the added weight of the ebike. I don’t think there’s a heavier progressive spring available so you will be limited on option if you weight more than 170lbs. With an air shock you can add more air. Although I was pretty close to max air pressure on the stock shock with a megneg can at 285psi. Again I do prefer a firmer rear shock for those big hits.

Thank you for the answer. Then I’ll need to check the coil weight before going for a shock. But I want a plush feel on my shocks so I hope that’s will not be a problem.

Last edited:

Silver fox

Mar 21, 2021
Kelowna, B.C.
Has anyone determined how to use the “walk” mode? It seems to be available but only in the small sprockets, which are not what you are in when it’s needed. I ride so every steep terrain on occasion and find that my 70 year old body is not too keen on pushing that brute up 40 degree pitches. Bike is 2020 sIght vlt c2.

Apr 25, 2019
Perth Western Australia
Has anyone determined how to use the “walk” mode? It seems to be available but only in the small sprockets, which are not what you are in when it’s needed. I ride so every steep terrain on occasion and find that my 70 year old body is not too keen on pushing that brute up 40 degree pitches. Bike is 2020 sIght vlt c2.
That's pretty much your only option, you do need to shift down to a small cog on the cassette or it doesn't really work.

Silver fox

Mar 21, 2021
Kelowna, B.C.
That's pretty much your only option, you do need to shift down to a small cog on the cassette or it doesn't really work.
Yeh, that is an oversight by Shimano. When you’re on a pitch that’s steep enough that you run out of oomph, your likely to be in granny gear, not race! Likewise when you want to get back aboard, you’ll still need granny. What were they thinking?

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
It has been a game changer for me! I went with the Marzocchi Bomber CR and a Cane Creek progressive coil 550lb-670lb. I’m at 165lbs with gear on and it has been perfect for me. I did go up in spring weight by 25lbs over what is recommended because I prefer a stiffer riding bike but still want the off the top suppleness of the coil feel if that makes sense.

The disadvantage of coil for the Sight VLT 29er will be the the max rider weight due to the leverage ratio of the shock and the added weight of the ebike. I don’t think there’s a heavier progressive spring available so you will be limited on option if you weight more than 170lbs. With an air shock you can add more air. Although I was pretty close to max air pressure on the stock shock with a megneg can at 285psi. Again I do prefer a firmer rear shock for those big hits.

Great looking bike! I just picked up a C1 29. It's such monster! I'm thinking about bumping up the fork to 180mm, maybe a coil too as you have done so well here. Have you kept the rear at 150mm? Wondering if I can get a bit more travel.

Steven_Bikes

Mar 20, 2018
San Diego, CA
Great looking bike! I just picked up a C1 29. It's such monster! I'm thinking about bumping up the fork to 180mm, maybe a coil too as you have done so well here. Have you kept the rear at 150mm? Wondering if I can get a bit more travel.
Congratulations on the bike! I’ve kept rear travel at 150mm but I did bump up the fork to 170mm. I think 180mm front travel would be pushing it too far but only you can make that decision.

LoBomber

Jun 4, 2021
Bay Area
New to me 29er. Soon to be coiled up.
IMG_4428.jpeg

Raffe

Mar 2, 2021
Sweden
Hi guys,
Does anyone use Thule bike racks? Do they work well with the Norco Sight VLT top tube? As the top tube is flat and square I’m a bit concerned if it will hold the pressure of the clamp?

And what other bike racks are you guys using for your Norco Sight VLTs?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles