Noob living in The Algarve, Portugal

Coolbanana

Jan 13, 2019
Algarve, Portugal
Greetings All!

I am a new eMTB owner and rider, from the UK but living in Portugal's Algarve; collected my KTM Macina Kapoho 2972 2019 model yesterday.

As a road rider primarily, I have not really taken my off-roading very seriously but find myself in a particularly beautiful part of the World with fantastic off-road Trails and none of the 'issues' I read here concerning eMTB use and acceptance.

I raced road in my youth, was quite successful, 50 this year and finding my knees struggling a bit of late on my road bike and hardtail MTB. My Physio suggested an e-bike and here I am, riding one!

I go to gym 4x a week and reserve my general fitness suffering for there and ride for fun nowadays. That said, while I found the eMTB could be relatively easy to get around on, I managed to get a decent workout too!

So far, with only one ride under my belt, I am very happy with my KTM. Indeed, I found myself tackling terrain comfortably and confidently that I stopped and walked my Scott hardtail over! I'm not a great off-roader yet, but this new bike is so much easier to navigate rough terrain on for me.

Anyway, looking forward to lots of fun rides!

DSC01420-01.jpeg

DSC01422-01.jpeg

DSC01424-01.jpeg

image-02.jpeg

DSC01428-01.jpeg

DSC01429-01.jpeg

DSC01416-01.jpeg

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
I guess jealous would be too weak a word for how I feel about your geographical situation. I live a block and a half from the ocean but it is blowing 20kts with some sideways rain happening.

Nice bike too, enjoy!

Coolbanana

Jan 13, 2019
Algarve, Portugal
I'm fortunate to live here, only moved here 18 months ago from the UK - 300 days of Sun each year, on average, and that leads to an outdoor lifestyle and plenty of good cycling days.

Winter here is great; 15-19C, warm Sun most days and low tourist numbers and a relatively small local population means many Trails all to myself - my home is literally opposite a Trail area that includes an MTB race route.

Next month the Volta ao Algarve has all stages within an hour's drive and one in my area, 15min cycle away.

I wasn't sure what eMTB to get, but in the end went with what my local Bike Shop stocked.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles