Noob from Sydney Australia

Phantomzzz

Dec 27, 2019
SYDNEY Australia
G’day all from Sydney Australia, complete noob here just getting into E mountain bikes. I have test ridden and been looking at getting a new 2020 Focus Jam2 6.7 or Focus Thron2 6.7. Still doing research planning to purchase by the end of January.

May 4, 2018
Canberra
G’day all from Sydney Australia, complete noob here just getting into E mountain bikes. I have test ridden and been looking at getting a new 2020 Focus Jam2 6.7 or Focus Thron2 6.7. Still doing research planning to purchase by the end of January.
Mate I did the same and ended up with the Jam. I found it more nimble.

May 4, 2018
Canberra
I have had no damage as of yet with the caveat I've only ridden about 6 times (damn the Canberra smoke pollution). re as cover Im not sure re DYI, potentially some after markets item is out there. There is def some noise which in my limited experience was just noticeably louder than the Bosch. (thron)

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW
Thanks for the reply. I have done some research and contact Rockguardz (ROCKGUARDZ) but as yet they do not have an aftermarket cover for the 2020 Focus as they haven't had a bike provided to develop one I believe. Hopefully the rain will come this week as predicted and help put the fires out and smoke to clear so you can ride.
So far are you loving the Jam2?

May 4, 2018
Canberra
Hi,

never heard of rockguardz before though looking at their site it looks like an awesome product.
I'm loving the Jam2. Mine is the 2019 9.6 plus (27.5) so big chunky tyres and i may also get another wheel set as a 29 down the track.
The Jam is eating everything i ride esp the rock sections at Mt Stromlo. Also great for my lazier XC riding at Sparrow Hill though suggest other bike might be more suited to XC type riding. I is really trying to get a balance. I think ill always keep my trek Ex 8 (non EMTB) as a back up
I wish i had a chance to ride the media and I just saw the new Trek Rail at the LBS but its $10k .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles